Morton's Restaurant Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Morton's Restaurant Group

2.5

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morton's Restaurant Group (Santa Ana, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Brief interview the day I turned in my application. Friendly management asked me about my past experience. They had immediate openings and I was offered a job after two interviews with both the general manager as well as the assistant general manager. Overall a very positive and professional experience during the interview process.

Waiter/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morton's Restaurant Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

You need to fill out the initial application and also a brief quiz/test on general food and drink/wine knowledge. After review, the management will contact you for a formal interview if qualified.

Interview Questions

• What percentage of beef is graded as "Prime" ?   1 Answer
    • What are the primary ingredients in a "Cosmopolitan" ?   1 Answer
    • Name three red wine varietals?   1 Answer
    • Name three white wine varietals?   1 Answer
    • Name three Single Malt Scotchs that do not begin with the title "Glen"?   1 Answer

Sever Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morton's Restaurant Group (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

apply online a few questions then phone call then proceed to interview in the restaurant it was about 40 minutes interview. after the interview i had to wait about 6 weeks then training for 2 weeks raining was hard

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morton's Restaurant Group (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

It was easy, quick and painless. My GM however was very easy to talk to. It took about two weeks, but I love working at Mortons, and it was totally worth the wait. Mortons is a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you handled a problem with a guest. How did you rectify the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Morton's Restaurant Group (Beverly Hills, CA).

Interview

Interview Questions

• I did a walk-in application. Was greeted by hostess upon arrival, asked to sit and wait while I filled out application. Met with AM for on the spot interview. I was asked about my previous relevant experience and what I could bring to the company. Was pretty much hired on the spot.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Morton's Restaurant Group (Charlotte, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

Two step hiring process met with both managers. They asked a bunch of questions to describe myself and my experiences. Took about 4 days to get back they also do a background check.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle guest opposition?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morton's Restaurant Group (New York, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

Three interviews before actual hiring, menu recitation, why they should hire you?

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Morton's Restaurant Group (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2011.

Interview

It's not like it used to be, because I was hired before we got bought. It's most likely two interviews, one with both the AM and the GM. Not hard.

Interview Questions

• What do you want out of this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was pretty straight forward. So no negotiations took place.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morton's Restaurant Group (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Met with the assistant manager, then the GM. Pretty straightforward corporate restaurant interview process. They do like you to have experience, particularly in fine dining with food and high end wine. Managers were very honest in answering all my questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time a guest was unhappy, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Server Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Morton's Restaurant Group (Louisville, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call two day after (Wednesday) from the server manager who set up an interview at the store on Friday. Had a face to face interview with the GM and the Server manager. It was very comfortable. They asked me a couple questions. Told me they had a few more interviews to do and that they would contact me within the next couple days. They called me that day and told me I had the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you get a bad tip?   1 Answer