Morton's Restaurant Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Morton's Restaurant Group

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Morton's Restaurant Group (Beverly Hills, CA).

Interview

Interview Questions

• I did a walk-in application. Was greeted by hostess upon arrival, asked to sit and wait while I filled out application. Met with AM for on the spot interview. I was asked about my previous relevant experience and what I could bring to the company. Was pretty much hired on the spot.   Answer Question

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Morton's Restaurant Group (Washington, DC).

Interview

Print an application or go inside the restaurant to speak with a manger. Fill it out, comeback for a quick interview and then they get back to you within a day or so.

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morton's Restaurant Group (Troy, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

My manager had been working there for about 5 years. Asked me for my resume and what my favorite thing about the service industry was. I was asked to explain some food terms, common drinks, etc.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in the industry?   Answer Question
    • What are some of the ways you "upsell" and increase your check averages?   Answer Question

Server Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Morton's Restaurant Group (Louisville, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call two day after (Wednesday) from the server manager who set up an interview at the store on Friday. Had a face to face interview with the GM and the Server manager. It was very comfortable. They asked me a couple questions. Told me they had a few more interviews to do and that they would contact me within the next couple days. They called me that day and told me I had the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you get a bad tip?   1 Answer

I Was Hired As Bar Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morton's Restaurant Group (Costa Mesa, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

A total of two interviews, brief and to the point then wrong training and was signed wrong documents, Completely trained in other departments NOT what I was hired for.A lot of tension behind bar and lack of direction from bar employees.

Interview Questions

• How many years in the business? Management Experience, How many people you have surprised?   Answer Question

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morton's Restaurant Group (Santa Ana, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Brief interview the day I turned in my application. Friendly management asked me about my past experience. They had immediate openings and I was offered a job after two interviews with both the general manager as well as the assistant general manager. Overall a very positive and professional experience during the interview process.

Interview Questions

Interview

Interview with Regional Manager first, then with GM

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest mistake you ever made and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Host Interview

Interview

Girls Smile!!

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morton's Restaurant Group (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Met with the assistant manager, then the GM. Pretty straightforward corporate restaurant interview process. They do like you to have experience, particularly in fine dining with food and high end wine. Managers were very honest in answering all my questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time a guest was unhappy, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Waiter/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morton's Restaurant Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

You need to fill out the initial application and also a brief quiz/test on general food and drink/wine knowledge. After review, the management will contact you for a formal interview if qualified.

Interview Questions

• What percentage of beef is graded as "Prime" ?   1 Answer
    • What are the primary ingredients in a "Cosmopolitan" ?   1 Answer
    • Name three red wine varietals?   1 Answer
    • Name three white wine varietals?   1 Answer
    • Name three Single Malt Scotchs that do not begin with the title "Glen"?   1 Answer