Mother's Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mother's Market

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mother's Market (Huntington Beach, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Just be perky, exude confidence and a friendly attitude and you're pretty much in. Honestly one of the easiest job interviews you'll ever have. Put an emphasis on your friendliness and excellent customer service skills and bam the job is yours.

Interview Questions

• Just basic interview questions about scenarios.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Make sure you negotiate your starting pay. Aim for $10.00, you will most likely get it.

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mother's Market (Huntington Beach, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I met with the store manager and assistant store manager to answer some questions and take a short math test. Then there was a long time spent waiting and checking in with the manager, until eventually they hired me and did a background check. The whole process took about three weeks, which was much too long.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a moment when you had to handle a problem when you were working   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I interviewed at Mother's Market (Irvine, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Applied in person, interview was only about 15 minutes with store manager. Asked the usual questions, nothing difficult. Could easily tell off the bat the kind of culture they were producing.

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Woods, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mother's Market (Laguna Woods, CA).

Interview

This was an extremely easy interview, the whole thing was very laid back. I only had to answer a few simple questions (mostly about my availability, work style, values, etc.) before I was hired on the spot. To be honest, I got the feeling that they were desperate for workers and they weren't going to be very picky about who they hired.

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mother's Market (Costa Mesa, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

They asked me for my availability, where I worked, why I wanted to work there, and they asked me if I could complete all the duties highlighted. Because I was applying for a cashiering job I also had to take a math test. They let me know that as a part time employee you're required to work weekends.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mother's Market (Irvine, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Didn't hear back for a month, got a call and came in for an interview. The manager was super nice! Simple questions. The process took about 2 weeks, and then got an offer! Applied for cashier, but starting as courtesy clerk, than train in the deli, than cashier.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mother's Market (Anaheim, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

I had a very positive interview experience until after being told "I think you are really going to like the offer we are going to make you." After that phone call, I heard nothing for a week. I called and was told they were still working on it and that I should call him back in a few days. I called back and again was put off. After this happened several more times, I contacted his boss who informed me that they had filled the position internally. In the meantime I had passed on another job based on their word. Naive I guess. The man I was communicating with seemed like a genuine guy. I don't blame him at all. I was perfect for the job with 16 years of direct experience.
    This company seems to be disorganized and possibly growing too fast for it's own good.

Restaurant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mother's Market (Costa Mesa, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

Met with the home office team and went over expectations and long term goals of the restaurants. They went over the different aspects of the restaurants, juice bars, and grab and go areas.It was a relaxed atmosphere with open dialog. They were kind and courteous and provided a lot a information and asked a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you achieve employee understanding of a new menu item roll out?   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mother's Market (Costa Mesa, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

very basic questions, no curve balls. if you want to be a cashier your gonna have to take a short test to prove basic math skills. Make sure you know the your dress to impress too.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none, they never mentioned the pay rate until it was on paper for me to accept

Vitamins Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mother's Market (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

1st interview with store assistants manager. 2nd interview with store manager, 3rd interview with hiring manager at corporate office. Then it was back and forth between store Manger and vitamin manager to schedule me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Mothers?   1 Answer