Mothercare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mothercare Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.4

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mothercare (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

presentation about yourself and then a group task 5 questions would you ask if someone is buying a gift? For e.g. Who is the gift for? Is it for a special occasion? How old are they? What is their favour toys/cartoons? Do you require a gift receipt?

Buying Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mothercare (Watford, East of England, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Prepared a swot analysis with my chosen area to talk discuss, relaxed interview with one person. Spoke about CV, Swot and HR questions followed with a discussing progression, team culture etc

Interview Questions

• When have you been through a big change and how have you overcome it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mothercare (Lincoln, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and within a week got an email saying that I had an interview selected for a time and date. I then turned up on the day and had to wait around 10 minutes for the lady to come from backstage, despite being on time. Then had around a 20 minute interview where I answered her questions and was then invited to ask her any thing I might want to know about the role. I was told that I would find out "early next week" whether or not I was successful but never received a call.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harlow, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mothercare (Harlow, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

group interview - group task given a4 page to draw your life. Then presenting it to the group. discussion about the pros and cons of working for the company. Then taken individually for a 20 minute interview. fairly easy however felt like they already had made their choices on recruits.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went the extra mile
      Name a time when you dealt with a demanding customer   Answer Question

Management Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mothercare.

Interview

Recruitment team and interview were absolutely fine. However that's where it ends. Such a shame. Mothercare is a fantastic business and it appears to have strong leadership with it's CEO. However people are firmly last on the list on what it considers are important. It's totally evident in the business' strategy and in how they treat people. Interview arranged and agreed at short notice, changed at their request and then not a word from them afterwards to provide any follow up - even to say, thank you for attending but we will not be proceeding. Tells you everything you need to know about working there.

Interview Questions

• What sort of company do you work best in?   1 Answer

Mothercare Response

Jul 3, 2017

Thank you for your feedback.
    We value all feedback from those who have expressed an interest in working at Mothercare. We are very sorry to learn of your disappointing experience. Thank you for... More

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mothercare (Watford, East of England, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

It was quick and interviewer made me feel less nervous. The building had a good vibe and everyone was really friendly which also brought my nerves down.
    The interview was formal as well as informal, interviewer gave me a detailed job description, and run down on what my day to day would look like.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mothercare (Peterborough, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Group interview,
    Very long but very interesting. Lots of opportunity to make your self shine above the others.
    Informative of how mother care works.
    Got a feel for the place from other workers.
    A tad longer than what i was expecting though

Interview Questions

• The basics on our life story / experience   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mothercare (Leeds, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was invited to an assessment day at Mothercare approximately two weeks after applying online. I assumed it was a group interview but I was the first to arrive. Two other candidates later arrived but it was decided that they would conduct 1:1 interviews rather than a group assessment. Every member of staff I met on the day were very friendly and made me feel welcome. I was offered a job that same day and will be attending my induction one week later.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Mothercare.

Interview

I applied online with my CV. I emailed back and forth with recruitment as they asked about flexibility and hours ect. By the time they had gotten all their answers (I emailed back straight away each time) all the interview slots were taken and they were no longer persuing my application. I got a call the morning of the interviews saying someone dropped out. I attended the interview, I was stood on the shop floor for a while as the manager was back and forth with customers he then said to follow him and walked fast to the office which I had to run to follow. In the interview firstly he didnt have a record of me, luckily I took a cv with me. He was in his early 20s and acted nervous which put me on edge a bit, I tried to joke and chat my way through answering every question with an answer and an example in which I have done certain things. I felt the interview went well and asked a few questions at the end, what the company was like, the interview process ect ect. He said he'd ring the candidates on Monday who have the job and that he'd speak to me then however I haven't heard anything since and am waiting for feedback on why I didn't get the job. Make sure you research about mothercare and elc, I feel that I was put on the spot last minute and couldn't answer a few questions as well as I could.

Customer Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mothercare (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I was left standing in the shop for 20 minutes after being told I was 45 minutes early when I was only 15 minutes early.
    Only got asked 3 questions,
    Got an email 10 days later to tell me I hadn't got the job,
    Less than 2 weeks later the same job is advertised.

Have you ever worked towards targets?
    A time you had confrontation.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked towards targets?
      A time you had confrontation.   Answer Question