Mothercare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mothercare Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.4

Management Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mothercare.

Interview

Recruitment team and interview were absolutely fine. However that's where it ends. Such a shame. Mothercare is a fantastic business and it appears to have strong leadership with it's CEO. However people are firmly last on the list on what it considers are important. It's totally evident in the business' strategy and in how they treat people. Interview arranged and agreed at short notice, changed at their request and then not a word from them afterwards to provide any follow up - even to say, thank you for attending but we will not be proceeding. Tells you everything you need to know about working there.

Interview Questions

• What sort of company do you work best in?   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mothercare (Leeds, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was invited to an assessment day at Mothercare approximately two weeks after applying online. I assumed it was a group interview but I was the first to arrive. Two other candidates later arrived but it was decided that they would conduct 1:1 interviews rather than a group assessment. Every member of staff I met on the day were very friendly and made me feel welcome. I was offered a job that same day and will be attending my induction one week later.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Mothercare.

Interview

I applied online with my CV. I emailed back and forth with recruitment as they asked about flexibility and hours ect. By the time they had gotten all their answers (I emailed back straight away each time) all the interview slots were taken and they were no longer persuing my application. I got a call the morning of the interviews saying someone dropped out. I attended the interview, I was stood on the shop floor for a while as the manager was back and forth with customers he then said to follow him and walked fast to the office which I had to run to follow. In the interview firstly he didnt have a record of me, luckily I took a cv with me. He was in his early 20s and acted nervous which put me on edge a bit, I tried to joke and chat my way through answering every question with an answer and an example in which I have done certain things. I felt the interview went well and asked a few questions at the end, what the company was like, the interview process ect ect. He said he'd ring the candidates on Monday who have the job and that he'd speak to me then however I haven't heard anything since and am waiting for feedback on why I didn't get the job. Make sure you research about mothercare and elc, I feel that I was put on the spot last minute and couldn't answer a few questions as well as I could.

Customer Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mothercare (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I was left standing in the shop for 20 minutes after being told I was 45 minutes early when I was only 15 minutes early.
    Only got asked 3 questions,
    Got an email 10 days later to tell me I hadn't got the job,
    Less than 2 weeks later the same job is advertised.

Have you ever worked towards targets?
    A time you had confrontation.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked towards targets?
      A time you had confrontation.
      Answer Question

Sales Floor Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mothercare (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

Friendly, put at ease and prompted for answers.

Asked relevant questions to management

Had to conduct a SWOT analysis of the store beforehand.

Was given a prompt answer as to whether i'd been successful or not

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you instigated a change to drive sales on your department   Answer Question

Customer Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mothercare (Leeds, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and they rang me around 2 week afterwards asking to come in for a interview for the following monday. The interview went well and they told me they would get back to me by the end of the week which they did and they offered me a seasonal temp job and said that I would start training within the next week. The process was super quick and everyone was very kind.

Integration Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mothercare (Watford, East of England, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Very informal, but was a nice change from being grilled for information. I got on immediately with my boss to be, he put me at ease and was really friendly.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mothercare.

Interview

They rang me to arrange an interview 2 days after I applied, I came in the next day and the interview went well. A week later they phoned me and asked me to do a trial shift. The trial shift was interacting with customers, price checking and checking stock room for stock. They phoned me the next morning and offered me the job. The process was about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to work with a difficult colleague?   Answer Question
    • When have you gone the extra mile to help a customer?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you challenged a system that was in place at the work place   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you have dealt with a difficult customer and resolved the problem   Answer Question
    • When have you worked well in a team?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were helpful all the way through and gave me lots of information and answered all my questions. They phoned me the morning after my trial shift and offered me the job

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mothercare (Brighton, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online, was sent an interview date for a group interview. Arrived and it was 5/6 women and 1 man. Asked to draw an image representing ourselves and describe it, a few more group activities, including a team building challenge and answering questions from both managers. They were simple tasks with the aim of making yourself stand out to the two interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What makes good customer service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the number of hours, but this didn't help as I was given 20 more hours than I was contracted for.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mothercare (Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview. There were eight of us. For the first activity, we were given a sheet of paper on which to write the top five questions we would ask someone who came in looking for a present. Next, we compared our questions with a partner's and decided on five which we presented to the group turn by turn. (I strongly recommend sharing the points so both people get to talk.) Then we were given an A3 piece of paper on which we were told to draw a diagram about ourselves. You can write, draw, write a poem, etc and we were given fifteen minutes for this. It's a good idea to be creative about your diagram eg. draw even if you're really bad at it. And when it comes to your turn to present your diagram, be enthusiastic! Talk about yourself like you're confident and contented with yourself but also choose to talk about your characteristics that fit what they're looking for in an employee. Lastly, we took turns being interviewed by two members of staff. The interview questions were fairly easy. Nothing too hard. While the first two were being interviewed, the others were taken out to the shop floor to have a look around and talk to the customers etc. (I recommend that you do talk to the customers and the other interviewees.) And that was it. It was Friday and they said we would hear back by Monday. I got a call on Monday telling me that I was successful and asking when I could start. I also got an email stating that they would not be conducting another interview for me because I fit the criteria for the job. All in all a great experience. Just be outspoken and friendly and make sure to listen to what people have to say and it will be fine.