Mott MacDonald Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mott MacDonald Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.8

Ecologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald.

Interview

I applied online for listed position via Mott MacDonald's recruiting website. I spoke to an in-house recruiter about a month after applying. The was interview scheduled and I received a direct email from the in house recruiter. I was interviewed by two Mott MacDonald Ecologists which was followed by a standard skills test - I was given the test and left to do it.

Interview Questions

• wildlife legislation for protected species, how to carry out each protected species survey - processing, timing of year etc, invasive plant species, schedule one birds legislation and species   Answer Question

Junior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald.

Interview

I met with two interviewers. They told me a lot about the description of the job. The asked me my experience with excel and also about my education background. The two interviewers were very informative and friendly.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald.

Interview

Was detailed. Asked me what I know about substations, protective relays, types of protective relay schemes and how familiar I was with CAD.
    Got a feedback in a week but had to call HR severally.

Senior Social Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews, one with the line manager over the phone and one which was a combination of in person and over Skype. They were very good, the second one lasted 3 hours and I had to do a 30min presentation. The flow was good, there was a constant back and forth and there was good exchange.

Interview Questions

• How would I resolve a situation with a difficult team member? Specific thematic questions.   1 Answer

Senior Structural Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald.

Interview

The interview consisted of discussing my engineering background. They asked about my engineering design experience. I contacted them to follow up on the status of my interview and never heard back from them for several weeks. Not a peep. They kept advertising for engineers on LinkedIn. When I complained about it on LinkedIn, they filed a complaint on LinkedIn and took my profile offline. If this is how they take feedback from prospective employees, I can only imagine how they treat their clients.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected thing to happen was when I discussed their interviews on LinkedIn. They had me banned so I have no LinkedIn account.   Answer Question

Entry Level Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Houston, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

I initially had an HR screening and was scheduled to speak with the project manager and office manager that very week. They were prompt in getting back to me with a timeline of when I can expect a reply, and within three days' time, I was offered a position here.

Interview Questions

• My school work and projects were discussed in detail. They asked me questions based on what was on my resume. The call proved to be extremely informative for me as well. I learnt about the work culture here, and the opportunities provided for growth.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

First interview on phone was to check the suitability for the position.Then there were two personal interviews.Very pointed towards work experience and selection was done within 3-4 days ie decision process was very quick.

Interview Questions

• During interview I told that I prepared Electrical Drawings.I carried file of my work.Looking at some drawing the Manager asked that your name is not there as preparer so I had to explain that it was prepared by me but as per company policy the prepared by is senior employees name is put.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.I was offered my expected salary on full time employee.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (London, England (UK)).

Interview

An extended telephone conversation. Competency based and technical knowledge. Explanation of how the company worked and if it is something I thought I would fit in. Preferences of future work and any relevant personal experience as a team worker. Past internships. Why move into specific sector of profession and not others.

Industrial Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

I first submitted CV and Cover Letter to website for general 'summer placement' opportunities. Was then invited to interview at Glasgow office for specific role. It was conducted by department Manager and current graduate engineer who had completed the same placement two years previous. Was very relaxed interview and I felt they were assessing the personality of the candidate rather than specific skills/experience.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald.

Interview

Informal with two managers from the company. About 1 hour long. Although there were competency questions, the interviewers were more interested in getting to know me as a person. A lot of the company was discussed: what projects they have worked on as well as areas of speciality.