Mullen Lowe Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Mullen Lowe Group

2.7

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mullen Lowe Group (Boston, MA) in May 2018.

Interview

A phone interview and a Skype interview. The process was fairly normal. However, the people who interviewed me seemed to be unprepared. One woman asked me why she was interviewing me because I wouldn't be working on her team. I didn't know how to respond to that question. Overall, it was a good interview. The HR staff was extremely hard to communicate with. It would take days to get an email response, it would take on average a week to schedule an interview that would be another week away. This made the interview process unnecessarily long.

Interview Questions

• With out having any data, how would you determine how many pairs of jeans are sold a year?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Mullen Lowe Group (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, asked that I made no calls or emails. Replied about 2 weeks later for a quick 20 minute phone interview. Then replied 2 weeks later for 2nd round interviews (took about 2.5 hours for 7 interviews)

Interview Questions

• Previous Agency Experience?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Interviewers were very nice. It was done with different groups of people from varying departments, so there would be 2 interviewers with me at all times. Very easy conversation during the interview, it was enjoyable.

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mullen Lowe Group (Boston, MA) in June 2018.

Interview

Smart people detailing the job and asked good questions. Gave me scenarios in which I had to walk through my thought process. Overall a good process- hiring team was thoughtful.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mullen Lowe Group in March 2017.

Interview

First the hiring manager showed me around the workplace, then we headed to her office for an interview. Next round of interview was with the development team. Surprisingly, there was no technical questions, both interviews were more focused on my experience and what I was interested in doing. Very nice people overall, even though I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• trick question(not so important), what's the easiest way to print a "hello world" message in PHP.   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mullen Lowe Group (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had two screening phone calls, one with HR and one with the Hiring Manager. Both went well so they invited me in for a 3 hour interview with about 5 different team members. The office was lovely and everyone on the floor seemed to be young/trendy.

The team members didn't really have typical interview questions for me, just had me talk about myself and past experiences. I thought it went well and sent a thank you note to each person who had all been very pleasant. However it's been over a month and I never got any response or update about the job so assuming it went to someone else. I was a disappointed off that no one could send an email to let me know.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mullen Lowe Group (Boston, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

Had a bunch of interviews with the entire team and then the head of production. I got to meet the entire team and everyone was very welcoming and warm.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a situation where you had to say no to someone for something that you did not think would be good for the production.   Answer Question

Search Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mullen Lowe Group (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Contacted by an outside recruiter, and it was negative from the get-go. Truthfully, I should have just passed on the opportunity after my initial call, and that’s my mistake. She was very disparaging about my experience, and made false assumptions beforehand. Beyond this, it was clear she fostered that same doubt to the agency who then adopted that viewpoint.

Every conversation, including the interview prep had a negative tone. It was clear she and they had a negative mindset towards me going in, not sure why they even bothered bringing me in. Instead of being open to what I had to offer, the approach seemed to be putting me on the defensive.

The interview itself was lackluster, the people I met with seemed bored from the get-go, and kept staring at my resume as they tried to think up questions. For the questions they asked, it seemed by rote and except for one guy, they didn’t bother engaging me, which didn’t make me eager to sell myself either. After about 10 minutes or so I knew this wasn’t going anywhere.

Needless to say, I didn’t get the job due to my “lack of enthusiasm.” I had to laugh, because I wanted to say “right back at ya,” but of course I didn’t. I just politely said thanks and tried to forget it.

Truthfully, I felt they had a prejudice going in based on inside-the-box thinking of what a career path should look like. I take responsibility for letting the process go as far as it did when I assessed they had already made up their mind about me, but I didn’t want to close myself off to any opportunities.

I am sure my experience is unique, and the recruiters bad attitude didn’t help, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. The negativity going into the interview felt unprofessional and narrow-minded. They made incorrect assumptions and didn’t seem open to anything else, so why bring me in? I’m wasn’t even the one who initiated it. Too many good agencies out there to ever waste my time with this one in the future.

Interview Questions

• A lot of standard questions, but one that stood out was “Tell me what drives you? What motivates you from a job perspective?”   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mullen Lowe Group (Karāchi (Pakistan)).

Interview

They take 3-4 interviews all with different people. There is no such screening or IQ test. If the resume is attractive, they give a call for the interview and then choose!

Planning Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mullen Lowe Group (London, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

Informal chat with the Head of Planning, who spent most of the interview telling me about opportunities that they had in Singapore before asking me to describe an ad I had seen recently and outline the communication objective and consumer insight. I thought I gave a good answer, but he then went on to say that he wasn't sure about hiring a client side planner to join an agency planning team. I challenged him and stressed the advantages of having a mixed planning team, and that he should take a risk, as all agencies ask their clients to take a risk. He didn't. I heard from the recruiter that he didn't want to take a client side planner.

Interview Questions

• The only question really was the, ' describe an ad you have seen recently, tell me what the communication objective was'.   Answer Question