Munson Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Munson Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.8

Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Munson Healthcare.

Interview

organized , nice and welcoming, took a test prior to interview online, people that interviewed me seemed to be a good team, when I walked through the building - everyone seemed friendly, smiled at me. person that set up interview was nice and flexible. good process. no complaints.

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Munson Healthcare (Traverse City, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

Questioned in regards to past medical experience...She also asked me who I worked for, different types of situations i may have had to go through(patients and employee wise) and pros and cons.

Interview Questions

• What type of medical background do I have?   1 Answer

Associate Help Desk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Munson Healthcare (Traverse City, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was done initially by phone contact and brought in for a series of team-based interviews. Also met with the director of Information Services and eventually the Chief Information Officer.

Chief Budget Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leavenworth, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Munson Healthcare (Leavenworth, KS) in February 2015.

Interview

Two board members and four additional members dialed in. Hiring official seemed preoccupied during the process and was difficult to get feedback from, very matter of fact. The questions were expected for the position but a few scenario questions were vague and left much to be desired.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of time when you were really stressed and had difficulty coping?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Munson Healthcare.

Interview

Positions are posted to the HR website. Although there is a delay between a unit's need and approval to have the replacing positions from HR. Translation if you are on a short unit it will take a while especially at end of fiscal year (June/July). Best bets have been to contact the hiring manager directly instead of waiting for HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They do not negotiate. We are the lowest paid hospital in Michigan. They have a formula of years of experience equals their rate. They own are buying or are managing all facilities in the area and have a monolopy of the market. They are starting new RNs near $22.50 and are bringing travelers in at $45.

RN - ICU Interview

Anonymous Employee in Traverse, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Munson Healthcare (Traverse, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

The application submission online was user friendly. Response was prompt. Multiple managers interviewed me at one time. The managers all had different qualities they were looking for. They did not ask me the same questions repeatedly as they were all involved in the process and attentive the whole time. It was one of my most comfortable interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I chose their facility and unit to apply to.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Munson Healthcare in May 2013.

Interview

Submitted application after working on a unit for clinical rotation. Interview was straight forward, short and long term goals. Describe a time you overcame a difficult situation etc. A simple process.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Munson Healthcare (Traverse City, MI) in January 2011.

Interview

Two interviews on the same day. One was with upper level accountants. The second was with Senior Management. The upper level accountants asked questions with regard to my skills. The Senior Management interview was quite laid back, the three gentlemen gave me more information than I was asked. They wanted to give me insight into the culture of the department and a sense of how well eveyone worked together. It was refreshing and appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on how I handled problems, what was my greatest weakness, how I interacted with co-workers, and what level of experience with excel, access, SQL and any other software or coding I had.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was an offer, I asked if there was room to negotiate and was told there was not.