KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Murray Guard Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 9 of over 9 interviews

1.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Murray Guard

Murray Guard

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Murray Guard

Interview

What do you see yourself in 5 year. I just I be working with your company...I can bring so more to the table. If you give me a change I can show

Murray Guard

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Murray Guard in Jul 2016

Interview

I completed an application online. I was called for an interview a few weeks later. The interview lasted about an hour. There was one interviewer, the HR manager for the company. He was very cordial, and provided useful information about Murray Guard. We had an honest discussion and a real conversation. He asked at the end of the interview if I was still interested in the job. I said yes, because I was at the time. He said the next step was an interview with a higher up on the operational side (a regional manager perhaps). He said I would hear back one way or the other within a week or two, and that MG/he did not like to leave applicants hanging - I really appreciated that. He did call back a few weeks later, and asked if I was interested in coming in for the next interview. I said I thought about it, and decided the job just wasn't a good fit for me at that time so I declined. He said I was the most qualified applicant, and again, I told him I really appreciated hearing that. Applicants get so little feedback these days. There are at least two other factors about this interview that I really liked. First, there was no panel. Panels are usually a really bad experience for me. While I enjoy people, I find the panel interview is usually going to be an ambush. Most of them are, intentionally or not. On a good day, they have some variation of good cop, bad cop going on. And the panelists don't usually have any formal HR or interviewing education, training, or skills (or their training, such as it is, is bad). They know what they can't ask by law, but that's about it. Now I get that organizations protect themselves by using a panel, but one good, well-trained HR person is far superior than 90% of panels. What ends up happening is the panel tries to establish faults instead of looking for strengths in a candidate. So for the applicant it becomes an impossible task - it becomes a matter of guessing what a fault might look to 3 people instead of one. It turns something I can only describe as negative judgement theater. Determining who has the least acceptable faults and going with them. I'm an introvert, I relate to people one-on-one best. I am not a performing pony in a circus act. I am not a gregarious, charming sociopath, which is the best purple squirrel who will get past some of these panels, someone everyone in the panel salivates over. Good luck with that employee. The other factor then was this interviewer was a good judge of character. He could see the forest in addition to the trees. As an HR professional, he knew his job well, and apparently is trusted to do it by company management. So I was a little disappointed to not move forward with the process.

Interview Questions
  • What HR activities do you have experience doing?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Murray Guard (Johnson City, TN) in Oct 2014

Interview

They call you in and if your a living breathing body you will get the job. "Interview", drug test, finger print, and you "watch" a series of videos and they give you the answers... Pretty much a waste of 3 hours.

Interview Questions
  • Literally just told me what the job was while he was watching tv. Interviewer would pause and base all attention on what was happening on tv and forget I was there pretty much.

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Murray Guard (Jackson, TN)

Interview

The hiring process was too easy, actually. All the process consisted of was applying, taking a drug test and showing up for work. The company really lacks in terms of communication.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Murray Guard (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in Jul 2014

Interview

They usually hire in groups. You will be drug tested before your interview. If you are selected for an interview that pretty much means that you have the job. The interview is more like a brief orientation telling you what you will be doing and they expect of you. They will tell you most of what you need to know and then begin to explain the next step in the process. As long as you are willing to work when they want you to work they will most likely hire you.

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to work holidays.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Murray Guard (Atlanta, GA) in Jun 2014

Interview

The interview was more of a conversation. I already knew an officer so I was basically hired on the spot. The General manager was pretty straightforward about the rules of the job. No holidays off

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Murray Guard (Atlanta, GA)

Interview

Despite their best efforts, Murray Guard failed miserably at the hiring, interviewing, and position placement process. From start to finish the information given was often incorrect and it would take multiple people to explain what the actual facts were. The entire process took almost 3 months, even though they kept saying that it would be just a couple of weeks. Once the initial background checks and hiring process was complete, I was told that the original job they had hired me for was no longer available and was offered a position making less than 2/3 of the original employment offer.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Murray Guard (Johnson City, TN) in Oct 2013

Interview

Took me almost three years to secure an interview, probably due to lack of work history. Anyways, once I did. Get a call for an interview I sat down with the hr manager, week later was called back and offered employment. The interview only lasted 15 mins and was very basic questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Murray Guard (Knoxville, TN) in Jan 2012

Interview

I had one interview and it was pretty generalized. Making sure I didn’t have a criminal record and no drugs. They do a little at home drug test that tests for thc and a few other things like mood drugs. As long as you’re honest about your history, you’ll be fine.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed