N26 Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 427 of over 427 interviews

Recruiter8%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

N26

Application

I interviewed at N26

Interview

- clear process - structure interview - rapid response first call with HR, then a case to do at home about a PnL, and then review with the hiring manager and presentation of the case. The hiring manager gives you interesting questions (case related )

N26

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at N26

Interview

It was a three stage process. Each interview was 30 minutes long and very pleasant. The first was with two people from the office, the second was with the office managers from other countries and the third was with the general manager.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself What is N26
    Answer Question

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

66.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=N26~1032903
Join the conversation on

N26

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at N26 in Jun 2022

Interview

First, there was a screening video call with the recruiter. Basically, you will be asked general questions about your current work, your goals, and why are you applying. I was sent a take-home test and it was very badly written. The questions were vague and there was no accurate description of the required solution, as they only tell you that the solution must be "optimal". I didn't expect the take-home test to be about writing an optimal SQL query and a python script that emulates another SQL query since I don't work much with SQL at my current job and I only know the basics of SQL. I expected the test to be more about ML and building models and using ML frameworks. Also, the job description doesn't tell you that you need to be an SQL master. This should be clear to any applicant before wasting their time solving the test. Although I solved the test, and my solutions were quite good even though I don't have advanced SQL knowledge, the feedback was that your solutions could be optimized further. I know that I can sit days squeezing a query and an algorithm but a take-home test shouldn't be like that, especially in an ML role!

Interview Questions
  • Q1: Given some data write an optimal SQL query that outputs the following table... Q2. Given an SQL query write a python script that gives the same output.

N26

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at N26 in Jun 2022

Interview

The interview was easy. But the scenario based task were not clear. The questionnaire was not prepared keeping focus on candidates. 1. I used sqlite3 to perform task related to joins. The interviewee didn't consider that SQLite as a python standard library 2. There was sample output provided for the sql based tasks

Interview Questions
  • 1. Parse csv using standard library and do joins between tables 2. Optimize the query 3. remove duplicates of records between start date and end date

N26

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at N26 in Jun 2022

Interview

It was good and soft. the recruiters were nice and supportive. I really like their overall behavior. Generally speaking, its a good company with competitive salary on offer. Team seems like quite capable

Interview Questions
  • The asked most questions related to Unit test. Espresso, Robo, Instrumentation, Faking vs mocking

N26

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at N26

Interview

The interview process was very fair and transparent. I always had a person of contact that was approachable and very helpful in case of any questions. The person of contact guided the process, laid out the next steps and coordinated the different interviews with other members of the team. It was always possible to find suitable times for the interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Why N26? What do you consider the most important/ most challenging tasks/ topics of your position? How yo you deal with time pressure and conflicting deadlines? What is important when workin in an international environment?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin

Application

I interviewed at N26 (Berlin)

Interview

I applied for managerial roles from my area of experience several times at N26 over the years, but this one prompted me to write my first review here. It takes about two weeks from applying for the job to the first interview. We arranged the time quickly without any problems. Without any introduction of self, role, or company, the interviewer went straight to the question "why did you apply for the job?" with no sense of engagement or interest whatsoever. In the middle of the interview, the interviewer states - "it's not going to work out" and, when asked why - lists reasons which completely(!) contradict what I have just told. I didn't argue, and I'm glad I learned so early on about the quality of the processes in the company and the attitude towards those they want to hire. I'm sure the trigger was the mention of a sabbatical. I could try to understand that this might be a valid reason for some cases. But why not say it honestly and not come up with entirely fictitious reasons? The most negative experience. Given that I have hired almost 100 people in my time and I know the process from all sides - N26 needs to change something about the awful image they create with such a process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at N26 (Berlin)

Interview

It was one of the worst companies i ever had interview. The overall process toke more than 3 months with lots of follow up emails. At the end they rejected me without any clear reason.

Interview Questions
  • Lots of irrelevant questions about my previous jobs. Why did you left your company in 5 years ago?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona

Application

I interviewed at N26 (Barcelona)

Interview

good and really well organised too- really nice to get to know the culture and atmosphere too. quite casual interview too which is nice because helps you feel relaxed. You then have a chance to answer questions at the end.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at N26 (Barcelona) in May 2022

Interview

The process consists in 5 phases: - Interview with the recruiter - Home assessment - Peer programing interview - Solution design interview - Offertation interview I felt very comfortable throughout the process and it was a very nice experience to share knowledge between the different interviews.

Interview Questions
  • The process consists in 5 phases: - Interview with the recruiter - Home assessment - Peer programing interview - Solution design interview - Offertation interview
Viewing 1 - 10 of 427 Interviews

N26 Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at N26 as 49.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.93 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Site Reliability Engineer and Software Engineer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Product Manager and Senior Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at N26 takes an average of 25 days when considering 253 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Java Developer had the quickest hiring process (on average 5 days), whereas Software Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 35 days).

Common stages of the interview process at N26 according to 253 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 32.75%