NAPA Auto Parts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 4, 2018

2.0

SERVICE ADVISOR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts (Buford, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

Tons of questions very technical, you need to know about mechanical and cars. be prepared to know the difference in an EGR valve and PCV valve. Its going to be expected and you need to know all things about cars.

Counter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts.

Interview

This was an absolute joke to say the least. Waist of time. Upon receiving my resume, Jared Feichter emailed me about a job in Muncie, IN. and asked me to stop by the store and fill out an application, which I did. While there, I was told to give my resume to Troy, the assistant manager of the store. While waiting to give Troy my application, I overheard his entire phone call with Jared. He was told not to interview me but he asked me several questions anyway. When asked if I had any experience, I said not in a parts store but I was NEVER allowed to explain what my experience was. After a few questions, I was cut off and told that I would be called back for an interview with Jared. To this day, nobody has called, which is fine because after seeing how little the employees respected their manager and I saw how poorly trained their managers were, I want no part of it!

What they didn't allow me to say was that I am capable of rebuilding engines from the ground up and I also am able to track wiring issues. As a matter of fact I know more about the inside of engine than most people. I know parts on a vehicles and I also can track electrical and electronic issues, the correct way. I don't really need the money but love to work and talk to people. This just gave me the nudge to open a new shop of my own and I began searching for space this week.

This is the bottom of the barrel management and from what I hear, it doesn't pay well.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Did a 30 minute phone interview and was told I would be updated regardless of the outcome. I didn’t hear anything for weeks. I called and emailed the interviewer and he never responded.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts (Atlanta, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

Phone interview first with recruiter - then on-site with hiring manager. Very disappointing on-site interview with hiring manager. She had only been in the US for 2 weeks - originally from Canada. When I asked her detailed questions about the role and the day-to-day, she was unable to answer the questions. This left me unsure of how much she knew about the role and even more concerning was her leadership abilities (or lack of) - how she would manage the role and provide support? She exhibited very little eye contact during the interview and at the end she began to play on her I-watch checking emails. She seemed bothered by having to conduct the interview and seemed like I was keeping her from something more important. I was glad I had the on-site interview since it unveiled many “red flags” about the company, expectations of the position and the manager overseeing the role.

Interview Questions

• Really the only questions asked from both the recruiter and hiring manager was to give an overview of my background and skills. The recruiter did a lot of talking about the company, it's history, sales, locations, etc. during the phone interview.   1 Answer

COUNTER SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gladstone, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts (Gladstone, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

Called a week after applied interviewed by store manager was asked how much I knew about car parts and experience needless to say I was hired on the spot I was told to look for an onboarding email 2 weeks pass no email called the store to ask what's going on only to find out the old store manager and assistant manager both quit soon after hiring me so I was talking to the new manager over the phone. Told him the situation and was told he would fix everything so I could start he even gave me a direct number to their hr so I could help get the ball rolling. I called hr and they said they'd look into it it is m ow 1 1/2 months later and I still have not started .

Interview Questions

• how much experience do you have with cars and auto parts   Answer Question

Tools Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts.

Interview

only took one and it was quick I interviewed and the next got a call for a second interview then background check and other paper work it all went smooth I think i will like it here

COUNTER SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts.

Interview

Pretty simple, I applied off a craigslist ad they posted, they called and set up an interview, I came in and met with the manager, she asked me what i knew about cars and said i did not need to know much with the computers able to find most things for me.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about cars?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts (Columbus, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. Then face to face with regional I also had to meet with the store manager as well. They both seems very nice. The interview process seemed pretty painless.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my work experience   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts (Coppell, TX).

Interview

I just brought my resume and we went over It to see my experience with the job and it was very easy they just wanted to know what you were capable of and that you knew the job decription of what you would be doing !

Interview Questions

• Three things that you think happen when people don't use correct safety steps !   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Great phone interview. Asked probing questions and described the position. Expressed interest and explained next steps. No communication was sent after. Several emails were sent asking for an update with zero response.

I have no idea why anyone would simply fail to communicate. Obviously, they were not interested in me for the position. The utter lack of sending a simple decline email demonstrates a significant lack of professionalism and basic people skills. What a horrible experience.