NAPA Auto Parts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NAPA Auto Parts Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2018

2.0

Counter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts.

Interview

This was an absolute joke to say the least. Waist of time. Upon receiving my resume, Jared Feichter emailed me about a job in Muncie, IN. and asked me to stop by the store and fill out an application, which I did. While there, I was told to give my resume to Troy, the assistant manager of the store. While waiting to give Troy my application, I overheard his entire phone call with Jared. He was told not to interview me but he asked me several questions anyway. When asked if I had any experience, I said not in a parts store but I was NEVER allowed to explain what my experience was. After a few questions, I was cut off and told that I would be called back for an interview with Jared. To this day, nobody has called, which is fine because after seeing how little the employees respected their manager and I saw how poorly trained their managers were, I want no part of it!

What they didn't allow me to say was that I am capable of rebuilding engines from the ground up and I also am able to track wiring issues. As a matter of fact I know more about the inside of engine than most people. I know parts on a vehicles and I also can track electrical and electronic issues, the correct way. I don't really need the money but love to work and talk to people. This just gave me the nudge to open a new shop of my own and I began searching for space this week.

This is the bottom of the barrel management and from what I hear, it doesn't pay well.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Did a 30 minute phone interview and was told I would be updated regardless of the outcome. I didn’t hear anything for weeks. I called and emailed the interviewer and he never responded.

COUNTER SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gladstone, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts (Gladstone, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

Called a week after applied interviewed by store manager was asked how much I knew about car parts and experience needless to say I was hired on the spot I was told to look for an onboarding email 2 weeks pass no email called the store to ask what's going on only to find out the old store manager and assistant manager both quit soon after hiring me so I was talking to the new manager over the phone. Told him the situation and was told he would fix everything so I could start he even gave me a direct number to their hr so I could help get the ball rolling. I called hr and they said they'd look into it it is m ow 1 1/2 months later and I still have not started .

Interview Questions

• how much experience do you have with cars and auto parts   Answer Question

Tools Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts.

Interview

only took one and it was quick I interviewed and the next got a call for a second interview then background check and other paper work it all went smooth I think i will like it here

COUNTER SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts.

Interview

Pretty simple, I applied off a craigslist ad they posted, they called and set up an interview, I came in and met with the manager, she asked me what i knew about cars and said i did not need to know much with the computers able to find most things for me.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about cars?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts (Columbus, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. Then face to face with regional I also had to meet with the store manager as well. They both seems very nice. The interview process seemed pretty painless.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my work experience   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts (Coppell, TX).

Interview

I just brought my resume and we went over It to see my experience with the job and it was very easy they just wanted to know what you were capable of and that you knew the job decription of what you would be doing !

Interview Questions

• Three things that you think happen when people don't use correct safety steps !   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Great phone interview. Asked probing questions and described the position. Expressed interest and explained next steps. No communication was sent after. Several emails were sent asking for an update with zero response.

I have no idea why anyone would simply fail to communicate. Obviously, they were not interested in me for the position. The utter lack of sending a simple decline email demonstrates a significant lack of professionalism and basic people skills. What a horrible experience.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts (Columbus, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I had multiple interviews with different people. It was evident at the end of the third interview that there was no consensus on the position requirements. It appeared that after a series of interviews the position changed from generalist to recruiter. I also observed tension among the managers. The company's work environment was dated and would be hard to inspire creativity and inspiration. This company will have a hard time attracting and retaining good talent. No much workforce diversity.

Executive Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts (Fresno, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

A lady called me we did a little bit of back and forth calling cause she left me voice message and I left her voice message. When I finally got a hold of her she ask me a few questions over the phone. She ask why I wanted to work at NAPA and ask why I thought I qualify for the Executive Management Trainee. Then she set up an interview date with me and told me the name of the person I will be interviewing with.

Interview Questions

• At the interview I was interviewed by a man. The lady who called me was there in the room taking notes, but she did not ask me a single question it was the man who asked all the questions. Here are some of the questions he ask me.

1. Why are you applying with NAPA?
      2. Are you willing to relocate?
      3. What are some of the highlights in your life?
      4. Why are you applying for this position?
      5. Why do you want to leave your current job?
      6. Is there room for promotion in your current job?
      7. Is there any questions you have for me?

He ask me more questions, but I don't really remember all the questions.   Answer Question