NEPC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.6

RFP Writer/Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NEPC (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Lots of questions on previous marketing experience and knowledge of marketing tools/financial industry.

The interviewer was entirely unprofessional. Yawned 6 times LOUDLY over the phone, very uninterested, lots of pauses and not engaged in the conversation whatsoever.

The most unprofessional Senior HR generalist I've ever talked to.

BSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NEPC (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

1 round of phone interview following by 2 in-person rounds. Pretty quickly moving process took literally only 2 weeks to complete it. Really friendly Interviewers who make me feel open up and speak batter about my prior experience which also give them opportunity to testify me for their job requirement.

Interview Questions

• No unusual questions, Prior job experience related and job requirement related tech questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

I was contacted by HR, who were exceptionally professional throughout the entire recruitment process. Normal first round phone interviews focused on topical issues of the industry and the position, as well as standard HR stuff. Then, one of the interviewers forgets to call me! I was a bit annoyed as it is difficult to get time off in the middle of the week in the industry, but these things happen...

It was when I was asked to come in for interviews, when things took an odd turn. The first interviewer had his feet on the desk while asking me totally random questions. Another interviewer, the one who had forgotten my phone interview, started off by telling me about the other career opportunities (in other companies) had zero interest in interviewing me. After that, I did not hold too much hope for the other interviews, among which was an old school finance guy who aggressively challenged everything I said, and the head of the department, who was actually pretty solid and organized. In addition, I met briefly with some of their other employees, who were nice and professional, as far as I was able to tell.

I was confused after the interviews, as while I couldn’t help laughing at some of the interviewers, I was mad that I wasted two full days in total for this type of company while simultaneously forced to put in 80-hour weeks in my job at the time. Obviously, I did not get the position and it took forever for them to inform me about their decision.

I would recommend looking somewhere else first, if you have a chance, as most of the NEPC professionals that I met were absolutely not tier 1 guys, and you might have better opportunities somewhere else.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NEPC (Boston, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

Simple, 1 candidate, 2 interviewers, very conversational, not many difficult questions. If an answer catches their attention, you'll discuss that topic extensively. Otherwise, nothing difficult or out of the norm for internship questions.

Interview Questions

• Give us a time when you were challenged...
      What was an example of a time you worked in a group, was it successful..   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NEPC.

Interview

Very long process that has you interviewing multiple times over the phone. Only one face to face interview. There is a skills test that isn't difficult at all.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, all cookie cutter questions that are predictable and that you should already have an answer for   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, they give a very comprehensive offer that is satisfactory.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NEPC in August 2010.

Interview

Open Interview format. Consisted of a presentation followed by a skills test. Afterward was a 1 on 1 interview with a HR staff member followed by a 1 on 1 interview with a potential manager. The skills test was very simple and included basic finance knowledge as well as some simple algebra. Interviews consisted of background info and cookbook interview questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NEPC in April 2008.

Interview

first you have an interview with the managers followed by some of your potentail co-workers. If that goes well then you will come in again and meet with some partners and take a test. If all goes well they will make you an offer