NFU Mutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NFU Mutual Interview Questions

Interviews at NFU Mutual

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Stratford-upon-Avon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NFU Mutual (Stratford-upon-Avon, England (UK)).

Interview

I was made to feel comfortable so I could answer all the questions asked to a high ability. Interviewed by two people who asked competency based questions then a few about nfu mutual.

Negotiation

Very good and open

Claims Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NFU Mutual (Bristol, England (UK)) in September 2009.

Interview

After applying online, very straightforward. Just sending a CV and one question : why you want the job and what can you offer? I recieved a phone call a week later inviting me for interview. Was in front of two people, one very friendly, the other not as much. Just asked competency questions, based around resilience, character and skills. Quite easy if your ok at picking out skills gained from your experiences. One question however is what is the biggest change youve had in your life? Quite difficult on the spot. After this you are given a list of questions relating to the law surrounding insurance although they reinforce that it is not important you know these

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest change youve made in your life?   1 Answer

Claims Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at NFU Mutual (Bristol, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Was approached by company who had already looked through CV, so went straight to 1:1 interview. Was interviewed by 2 senior staff, 1 of which was team leader. Then heard back about a week or so later, all very friendly and nice. Mostly competency questions, scenarios, past experiences, and a little about the company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you experienced a conflict with another colleague and what you did to overcome this.   Answer Question

Claims Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NFU Mutual (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Was approached by their recruitment team. Had a telephone interview a few days later and a face to face interview following week. Received an offer 4 days after interview. Nice relaxed interview with a role play which was well organised and enjoyable

Interview Questions

• explain a time when you took steps to improve your own customer service   1 Answer

Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford-upon-Avon, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NFU Mutual (Stratford-upon-Avon, England (UK)).

Interview

Completion of online verbal and numerical reasoning tests, this happens for everyone, regardless of the role applied for. Followed by a competency based interview focusing strongly on the Leadership Star skillset. Final
    Stage interview with someone higher up the food chain.

The company claims to be transforming itself, however the online testing is very old hat now. The way this has to be completed by all applicants for any type of role suggests a lack of flexibility in the company's recruitment approach. The overarching feeling throughout the process, from the very impersonal emails containing online test links, through to interview, is that they are looking for a certain type of candidate, people who fit a specific mould. I definitely got the feeling that individuality would not really be seen as an asset here. Which begs the question of how serious they are about transforming.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you've failed and what you'd do differently.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NFU Mutual (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring process is the process of reviewing applications, selecting the right candidates to interview, testing candidates, choosing between candidates to make the hiring decision and performing various pre-employment tests and checks.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NFU Mutual in August 2016.

Interview

Informal but not too casual, relaxed friendly atmosphere, acted as if they really wanted you there
    Questions were relevant to the job and provided you with a chance to show your views and ask questions

Actuarial Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford-upon-Avon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NFU Mutual (Stratford-upon-Avon, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

1. CV and cover letter screening.
    2. Online psychometric testing.
    3. Assessment day at main office in Stratford upon Avon.

About 5 hours. Introduction, 2 of 3 activities, lunch break then last activity you didn't do.

Activities about 1h each:
    Group exercise involving working in a team and presenting findings (in a group).
    Solo presentation about yourself to HR members
    Written exam testing basic logic, mathematics and written communication (essay).

4. Two 1 hour interviews with members and leaders of the actuarial teams.

1st Testing their star development program via Competency questions.

2nd generic interview questions (tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work for us. What do you know about us etc.) Technical questions (describe risk, how could we invest, how do you expect the company to perform in the future?)

No trick questions or direct tests of your 'coolness'. Friendly and tried to get you to open up. Difficult to tell whether they were uninterested or merely actuaries (and hence don't talk much).

Actuary Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NFU Mutual in March 2008.

Interview

Following my application I was given under a week to prepare. The interview started early- about 8am before most people had even arrived at the office. There were about a dozen interviewees. The first test was an mathematical test and chart reading. The next test was reading a paragraph then deciding which of the statements was true. Then we were given a chance to mingle and have a coffee while they marked the tests. Then came about 4 hours of meeting various employees along the hierarchy for 1 on 1 and group interviews, a couple were done with another interviewee at the same time.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford-upon-Avon, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NFU Mutual (Stratford-upon-Avon, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

Several stages, psychometric tests on numeracy and language comprehension followed by a competency based interview on NFU’s STAR framework. Second interview was another competency based interview again on more STAR areas and a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based question on the STAR framework, tell me of a time when....   1 Answer