NIKSUN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NIKSUN Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIKSUN.

Interview

phone interview about 30 mins and in-person interview about 1 hour, overall it is relax and well communication with hiring manager, then bought me to VP and waiting for almost 30 mins only for least than 15 minutes

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NIKSUN (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Aptitude test. Phone interviews then an on site interview or two.

Reviews are right, they try to poach intelligent candidates that is why they do the aptitude test. They are looking for someone with no other offers so they can low ball the hell out of you. After I expressed mild concern for how low the offer is, I never got a response back after that which was also very disrespectful.

Even the developers that recruited me didn't seem very happy working there when they came out after I finished an interview.

If you are looking for a competitive offer or a company that cares about its employees don't waste your time even if it's in a convenient location.

Interview Questions

• Basic technical questions, polymorphism passing arguments etc   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NIKSUN (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Was brought in, met three people: one from HR and two from different development teams. Everyone was extremely nice, and wanted to get to know me as a person more than anything. I did have to solve some written coding questions in Java, but they were pretty easy. (Reversing a string, performing a binary search on a tree, etc). I then had to do an online coding test (C++ for me, but they'll tell you if they want you to do Java instead) and an aptitude test. Both were pretty straightforward, I had to review Destructors last minute because I had done primarily C and Java up until that point.

Interview Questions

• (Given 5 options) Which of these will cause a compiler error?   1 Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NIKSUN (Princeton, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Recruiter
    3 Phone Screens
    Develop and prepare a 90 Day business Plan
    In person interview with 4-6 people
    Background Check
    Phone calls with VP of Sales and Sales Opps
    Aot of going back and forth with many people in the HR dept, very big disconnect
    here as it seem that no one is on the same page

Interview Questions

• 1-What products/solutions do you have experience directly selling to the client? Please explain them.

2-What clients have you sold to? Where were your relationships and at what level? Where were your Director and C-level relationships?

3-Do you have experience with selling network security products/solutions? Cyber security products/ solutions? Forensics products/ solutions? Network performance optimization products?

4-What were you top three wins? When and where were they?

5-Please explain why you left each role.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIKSUN.

Interview

No communication, no transparency. I sent a link to take an online test that I knew I aced. Never heard back. Found an old friend who works there who told me my salary was too high. "They look for desperate but smart people and abuse them" - her quote. Latest was ending flex time - just a way for the CEO to show who's boss. Small time, with profits to match. Job of last resort

Software Quality Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NIKSUN (Washington, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Went thru a recruiter. NIKSUN phone interview was first. I aced that. So I figured the panel interview wouldn't be too bad. It was the first gang bang interview I ever had; 4 people - 3 QA and a software engineer. People were nice. We talked about all past jobs. Apparently, they expected me to remember details about features of projects I worked on long ago. Later on, they told the recruiter I didn't go into enough detail. They didn't ask me too, either. Nor did they ask why I don't remember. I have no idea what conclusions they made based on that.

When the interview was over, all 4 left the room without indicating what to do next. Nobody was at the reception desk. I was left alone inside the secured area. I waited 10-15 minutes and nobody returned. I could have wandered and looked for proprietary info. I walked myself out.

That was unprofessional and a bit rude of them.

Interview Questions

• Paraphrasing: how would I improve the team and quality of the product? In other words, what would I bring to the team that would be beneficial to them?   Answer Question
    • Conflicts between people are inevitable. How do I handle conflict?

First, that's not specific at all. What kind of conflict?   1 Answer
    • I talked about the stuff I tested on my last project and what I looked for in the log files to debug. I looked for message flows, error codes and XML messages. So they asked -

What protocols did you test?   1 Answer
    • When you worked in your support job 10-15 years ago, how were software updates sent to customers?   1 Answer
    • Have you used Python?   1 Answer
    • Have you done automation?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NIKSUN (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

After a comprehensive phone screen with the recruiter, I was invited to a face to face panel interview, which took a couple of hours followed by a 1 hour interview with HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, there was a little room for negotiation.

Support Eng Interview

Interview

The process was quick and professional and I received an offer about five weeks. Everyone was professional and informative and they are really interested in growing the firm with the right people.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Simple Java assessment and then a physical interview. This interview was with a round of interviewers 4 to be exact, all asking basic interview question. After about a week I was called from HR with a job offer and the salary.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NIKSUN.

Interview

Interview contains of all technical questions covering UNIX commands, TCP/IP, mostly networking questions. The interviewers are friendly and they listen you completely if you want to feel saying more about the asked question.