NYK Line Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NYK Line Interview Questions

2.7

Deck Cadet Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at NYK Line.

Interview

Through Manning agency. I was told to go and see the director of the agency . I met him , spoke to him and got the offer instantly. He told me if I am ready to work on a ro-ro vessel. I had no issue with that.

Customer Service Import Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYK Line (Lombard, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

The I articulated my work history and current interest in providing Superior Customer Service to NYKLine. I told of my 25 plus years of providing Superior CSR service from various Companies during my work history.

Interview Questions

• What is one weakness you have from your work history?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They hired me on the spot and provided and offer letter of which I signed on the same day.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYK Line (Boise, ID) in February 2014.

Interview

Brief but to the point. An Overall positive experience however I had the feeling that they were simply goi h through the motions. It was obvious that they had someone else in mind. One issue that I've realized is that there is a glass ceiling at this company. There is no room for upward advancement at this company, and especially this office. They constantly shuffle managers around from department to department and never give those under them the opportunity to advance. The attrition rate is very low.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What makes you qualified?   1 Answer

EDI Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NYK Line (Secaucus, NJ) in September 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume via Dice.com and through a headhunter I was granted a phone interview. Spoke to 2 guys on the EDI team - I told the headhunter post phone call that "I don't know what they're looking for but its not me. I was wrong. They wanted a face-to-face. I schlepped down to their offices and ended up in a small conference room surrounded by 8 people. We chatted up EDI and my experience with their obscure translator for an hour or so and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been working with this software?   1 Answer

Trade Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYK Line (Secaucus, NJ) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview process was quick, had an offer the same day, so pretty standard. They have a basic MS office test to see if you are competent, but in the end depends on who you interview with.

Technical Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYK Line (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Disrespectful PMO who interviews people with one or two other person. Asks direct questions on lines questions and wants one lines answers. He cuts you off as you begin to frame your answer. Shows minimum interests when someone else is asking questions. Not enough time given to the process and no courtesy as to how to converse with a new candidate. Must be an awful place to work at. Thank good they didnt offer me a job.

Interview Questions

• DO you follow process flow ?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NYK Line (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

First the HR will Interview basis your resume via phone/person (this depends on the location) then Branch Manager Interviewed and then General Manager Sales Interviewed.
    It can happen 1:1 or panel of last 2.

Interview Questions

• Few basic questions on how to select priority cargo from list of commodity options   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate basis the local area market salary package.

Senior Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NYK Line (Mumbai (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

3 rounds of fun. Finally made it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very smooth.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NYK Line (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2010.

Interview

It was good- consisted of test, group discussion and panel interview which was more tchnical. ALso latest developmets were asked which were relevant to shipping industry. They mainly short listed the candidates based on their academic performance. And also, they were very helpful during the entire process

Interview Questions

• What are the policy changes in manning in Indian Shipping?   Answer Question

Training Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NYK Line in February 2010.

Interview

I was called by staffing agencies to get my background details. Later I was called in NYK office and was interviewed by Senior person & HR. I was told that I will have to come again for 2nd round of interview.
    2nd round of interview was held with MD of the company, Senior person & HR.
    I was given a scenario & was asked what will I do in that scenario, what background checks will I do before coming to a conclusion.
    I was asked to present a report of the scenario
    The office was well setup but the environment was tensed, everybody looked stressed out

Interview Questions

• I didnt find any question difficult   1 Answer

I got better option with another company hence declined the offer