NYU Langone Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Senior Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health (New York, NY) in August 2019.

Interview

I applied for the position on line and received an invitation to interview with the recruiter in less than 48 hours. My qualifications met the criteria, i received an immediate invite to interview with the department manager. I received an offer in less than 24 hours

Interview Questions

• To describe my professional experience as registered Nurse   1 Answer
    • What do i recognized is my greatest strength, and my greatest weakness   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself 3 to 5 years from now   1 Answer

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health.

Interview

New Graduate nurse residency program- first step was interview with RN . and she told me to reach back out when I have scheduled a date to take the NCLEX. At that point she said that depending on availability she will put me in touch with a nurse manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a nurse?
      What units?
      Tell me about clinical experience?
      Externship?   Answer Question

Dietary Interview

Interview

It is a formal interview - questions about situations and experiences. The overall process took about 30 minutes.

Data Interview

Interview

After I had submitted my resume etc I was made to fill out a 100+ multiple choise question questionnaire with strange, deceptive questions. They seemed to point to a toxic work environment, and made weird assumptions. I have no idea what these questions were supposed to evaluate, can't imagine that they are useful for every rule, and are a huge barrier to entry for applicants.

Interview Questions

• * I have a difficult time understanding what other people need.   Answer Question
    • * What do you do when things go wrong at work?   1 Answer
    • * Do you have close relationships with those with whom you work?   1 Answer
    • * I prefer someone else prioritizing for me what I need to accomplish each day.   1 Answer
    • * Are you a highly disciplined person?   1 Answer
    • * My work is my signature.   1 Answer
    • * I can handle greater complexity than the other people who do the same job that I do.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Interview

There were a lot of scenario questions and questions pertaining to why you want to work at NYU. Hiring took a decent amount of time, but able to start quickly.

Resident Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Was referred by an existing employee and was invited for a phone interview. A few days after the phone interview I was invited for an in person interview. They were very professional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Nuclear Medicine Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health (New York, NY).

Interview

HR did not seem to know much about the role and did not explain the job description thoroughly. She talked more about the hiring process and the company's mission.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at NYU health?   1 Answer

New Grad RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health.

Interview

Took a med admin exam first, which needed 100 on to continue in the process. Then Spoke with a recruiter first, followed by nurse managers of the department. Recruiter gave info on schedules, schedule availability, and salary.

Registered Nurse Interview

Interview

Fairly easy application and interview process. Took a 6 weeks all together. HR and hiring manager were very pleasant and made the process easy and made me feel very comfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

Interviewed with the HR nursing recruiter. Interview was brief and behavioral-question based. Nurse recruiter was extremely nice and welcoming. Unfortunately, she told me that internal applicants get priority and that she would call me as soon as a job position opened up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a patient.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health.

Interview

Straightforward interview and hiring process. There was nothing out of the ordinary, and I would say that the process was better than many of the other hospitals in the New York City area.