NYU Langone Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 2, 2017

2.7

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

They are very quick to respond and reply to you with updates! The interview was with 6 people on the team, which I thought was overwhelming at first, but they were very friendly and the interviews felt more like conversations than daunting.

Interview Questions

• What part of the job description made you want to apply?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

Process was 4+ weeks. Was invited in to speak with the department (5 members of the team). During the interview they asked me the basic interview questions (why do you want this opportunity/what skills do you possess). Asked a couple of coding questions that were pretty basic but very random i.e. what is an array? how would you write a script for this in javascript?

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health.

Interview

I applied online for an RN position. I completed the online battery test and was scheduled to meet with an HR rep as well as to have an interview with the the charge nurse. The RN medication test was easy and the interview with the charge nurse was pleasant and informal. I was then called by HR to plan a second interview with the practice administrators approximately two weeks later. This interview also went well and I was told by the practice administrator and the charge nurse that I would get a call within the week regardless if I did or did not get the position. A week went by without a response so I called the practice administrator and he informed me that there were still more applicants that need to be interviewed and again he will call me by the end of the week to inform me if I got the position. Early the following week, I still had not received any communication with the practice administrator or charge nurse. My "thank you for the interview" email went unacknowledged. Four weeks after my second interview I called the talent acquisition rep and inquired about the position. She said they went with another applicant but I interviewed well. She also apologized that she forgot to send me an email informing me of this news before she left on a two week vacation. Overall, a negative time-wasting experience.

Interview Questions

• The questions were standard. Why do you want to work here? What makes you a good candidate? etc.   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health.

Interview

The job was listed online directly by the professor, so I heard back within two weeks about the interview. The research labs for NYU Langone and the Medical School are in the hospital complex, so you need to travel to the East River waterfront from the 33rd Street stop on the Lexington Avenue subway line. The bus was taking an epic time to arrive, so I ended up walking. It was a long hike. I encountered a disturbing array of vagrants on my walk, which I later realized was probably related to the thousand bed men’s homeless shelter right next to the hospital complex. I did not feel safe.

The interviews themselves were unstructured and consisted of an interview with the professor and a separate interview with a current research technician. I had done undergraduate research and had published citations, so the professor had already contacted my mentor for a reference.

The professor was really looking for someone to stay for the long term, noting that career research technicians were a standard arrangement in her native country. But since the position was funded by short term grants and was at-will employment, she couldn’t guarantee any level of stability. I could be fired at any time for any reason - or no reason at all.

She was also concerned about my ability to work with the rodents used in her research. As my resume clearly reflected, I had no prior experience regularly killing, skinning, and dissecting rats. I honestly had no idea how I’d react to being bitten or scratched by rats while performing experiments on them.

The research technician was an Ivy League humanities major who was preparing to apply to medical school. The professor told me she hired the research technician because of her elite credentials - in spite of her lack of scientific knowledge or experience. The current technician was a pleasant interviewer, but I had to lead the conversation.

I never heard back. But given my lack of rat killing experience and the professor’s fixation with graduates of elite universities, I wasn't surprised or disappointed. The NYU research technician salary really isn't enough to cover the cost of rent, transportation, and food in New York - particularly if you have student loans - even if you lived in a sketchy neighborhood requiring a long commute.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health.

Interview

in person interview with dept. got offer. Great exp. Easy on-boarding process. No hassle. All taken care of by HR, dept and hiring manager. No negotiations etc. Orientation was great.

Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health (New York, NY).

Interview

Group interview with other camp counselor applicants at the NYU Child Study Center. This interview was for a position as a counselor for the summer program for kids, an evidence-based treatment program for children with ADHD and behavioral disorders.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to be a part of the program and how I found it?   Answer Question
    • What are some challenges of working with children?   Answer Question
    • What previous experience do I have with children and how will this help me?   Answer Question

Billing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through indeed and less than a week I was emailed from an administrative coordinator expressing interest as well as providing two days with times to come in and interview with the director of the department . One week letter I was emailed my the same employee asking to reschedule with a new time / same date . I arrived there and meet with the billing coordinator . The duration of the interview was about thirty minutes . It's been two weeks and I haven't heard anything . The interview was pleasant however I find it to be very unprofessional that I wasn't informed properly I wasn't selected to move onto the next interview process. I understand there are hundreds of applicants that apply for a position however the ones that are selected for an interview should be provided with proper notification of their application/ interview status. Some candidates travel a long way , do research on position as well as prepare interview questions .

I sent an email and called once a few days later . No feedback provided.

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

Interview

Applied for job online, received an email asking for an interview. Started with a phone conversation, then I was asked for an in-person interview. Received the job offer later that week but turned it down for personal reasons.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health.

Interview

I had my interview with HR in the morning where I took a dug calculation test, then had my interview with HR which was a few questions and then a lot of information about salary, benefits, vacation, etc. Then I went immediately to the hospital for my interview with the nurse manager, which consisted of a few questions and then I was given a lot of information about the unit. After that, the nurse manager sent me on a unit tour with a few other staff members who also asked me a few questions. 10 days later I got an official offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health.

Interview

I had to present my PhD project. It was a 1 hour presentation followed by meeting and interview with lab members. It was all day event but went well. I heard about the result the following week.