NYU Langone Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NYU Langone Health Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2018

2.7

Postdoctoral Interview

Interview

very independent. only interview with the lab head you are interested in working with. No generalizations. depends very much on the individual lab head. you will probably have to make a presentation to the lab

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any of the specific interview questions it was more a discussion of the types of project we would work on   Answer Question

New Grad RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called by HR about a week and a half after submitting my application. It was a phone interview consisting of several questions about eductional background and experience. I wasn't offered anything as of this moment, but they would contact me if any opportunity comes up.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied: September and got a call back in about two days. Phone Interview: November, and was told to come in for a new grad interview event. It never happened. Then I was told I needed to pass my NCLEX first and then reach back to them. I passed my NCLEX in late Feb and reached back out to HR and nothing was opened. After weeks of waiting, I was told to contact them again and I did but only one position was opened. Heres my thing: even if you dont want it, go for it, get your foot in the door! NYU is not an easy place to get a job at. Take what you can get! The HR team will help you even if the NM (nurse manager) didn't hire you. I was told to come in for an interview, and get all of my references ready (5 references). I came in, took a math test (need to score 100%), then had an interview with HR. Afterwards, I had a direct interview with a NM. Found out the next day that I didnt get it but my HR lady was awesome and scheduled me for an interview for the very next day for another unit. I got the job! The whole process took September - April (but it really took March - April because I think they prefer us to pass before we even get interviews). Overall, my interview process was great. Nothing was overwhelming or challenging..all basic questions.

Interview Questions

• HR
      1. Why NYU?
      2. Tell me about your experience base off your resume?
      3. What type of units do you find yourself working with?
      4. What was a time where you felt like no one respected you and you had to stand up for yourself?
      5. Tell me about a time where you went out of your way for a patient.
      6. Tell me about a stressful situation and how you handled it?
      7. Tell me about a time where you had a patient who was causing problems on the unit and how you handled it.
      8. Why this unit?
      9. Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond for a patient?
      10. Tell me about a time where you had to advocate for a patient?
      11. Why should I hire you?
      12. What makes a nurse a good to you? (Be ready to provide an example after you explain to her what qualities make a good nurse).
      13. Tell me about a time where you showed team work.
      14. How would you handle criticism if someone told you did something wrong and you didn’t think it was wrong?
      Hope this helps!   Answer Question

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online, received a call from HR recruitment for availability for in person interview few days later. Interview process was a 15 question exam then a 30 min review of my resume, and benefits package. Walked a few blocks to interview with clinical director went great, saw another director same office which recommended I return to meet with Nurse manger. Meet with nurse manger a few days later easy going interview said she will speak to the other directors and get back with me. Two follow up emails to HR recruiter and one to nurse manager with no response. Extremely unprofessional no feedback whatsoever, left me wondering what went wrong. Will not apply again to NYU. After a few weeks received random automated emails on positions I had previously applied for 11 months ago.

Interview Questions

• Why are you considering leaving your current position ?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online , almost 1 month later I heard back from HR. Had a phone interview , and It went great . Had another phone interview with another HR recruiter the same week , in regards to open positions . Was told to contact them back when I had an NCLEX date . Once I had a NCLEX date contacted recruitment , they were prompt , and excellent , and within 2 days was set up with an interview . Had an interview with the floor manager who was awesome , very caring , with excellent rapport with his staff . He told me I would here back soon , within 3 days was told that I was moving forward , a 5 person reference check , 3 of which had to include managers had to be completed .

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult Situation during clinicals or at your previous job and how did you solve it ?   1 Answer
    • Why nursing ?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Langone ?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health.

Interview

I sat with 5 managers but only 2 really interviewed me for a temporary position. Responsibilities were explained in depth and any questions I had were answered thoroughly. You need a lot of personality to impress. I did feel like I had to entertain more so than explain.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you would be an asset to the department?   Answer Question

Laboratory Animal Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly. They were very informative and I actually enjoyed myself. They have me meet the managers of the entire process. Then I met with 5 of the supervisors that I might be working with. They asked me a few questions and then I went on a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience in the field of animal care?   1 Answer

Associate Buyer Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by two directors that I was somewhat familiar with so the interview process was comfortable with slight pressure. The interview process went on without a hitch as I was already in-house.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health.

Interview

I had a chance to speak to NYU recruiter at a career fair. It was a very productive experience. The recruiter was extremely nice and professional. Given my work experience he suggest me to consider some other job options.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions: past work experience, details on essential functions performance etc.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Got called, went on sereval interviews and though every interview seem well no call backs. However my last interview for the plastic surgery location was a total disrespect and unprofessional and that was the last time I applied again to this company.