Namco Pools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Namco Pools Interview Questions

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Namco Pools

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Namco Pools (Manchester, CT).

Interview

Informal, with management. I was brought to meet the store manager and he laid out expectations and then we briefly went over my resume. I didn't know much about the pool industry at the time but I was assured as long as I knew how to sell and manage that the information on the industry could be learned easily.

Interview Questions

• What is a something you value in your employees?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Namco Pools (Danbury, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

Met with Human Resources employee and store manager. They asked several questions relating to selling ability and customer service. There really was no emphasis on previous jobs or ability as far as operations and training. I don't believe I was given the total picture of what the job would entail or pay.

Interview Questions

• How would I determine how to sell the right pool to someone.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Namco Pools.

Interview

my first interview was in person with the h.r director, my second interview was over the phone with the district manager. the interview was pretty standard with standard questions. what would you do in this particular situation.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Namco Pools (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

Got an email after a week for an interview with the store manager. I drove a half hour to the store for an "interview" that lasted 2 minutes. The manager looked at my resume, said I had everything they were looking for, and scheduled me for a meeting with the district manager. The interview with the district manager consisted of him selling the company for a half hour, I got maybe 2 sentences in the whole time.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any questions during either interview, it seemed like they'd hire anyone with retail management experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Base salary was higher than expected so I accepted. I later found out there was room for negotiation.

Stock Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Namco Pools (Manchester, CT) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back from an assistant manager about 2 months later for an interview, went in and it was pretty simple. Store manager give you a tour around the store asking you basic question. Finished the interview and eventually I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• It was pretty straight up; you pretty much have some passion with pools.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't be nervous; look around and that's all.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Namco Pools (Baltimore, MD) in March 2011.

Interview

Saw a job fair ad for the company, when I went in, I was greeted by a store manager. When I inquired about the job fair, I was told, "Yeah, HR never showed up for it, but I can take your resume". After glancing at my resume, and noticing 10 years experience with their much larger competitor, I was pretty much offered a job as a sales associate on the spot.
    After about a month an opening for assistant manager became available at a nearby location. I met with the DM and after a quick discussion of the location and salary, I was offered the promotion.

Interview Questions

• There were almost no questions, they asked about my previous job, and why I was no longer with them. Their turnover rate was so high, getting experienced employees was basically an instant hire.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Namco Pools (Frederick, MD) in May 2010.

Interview

Store manager will meet with you. Ask about your skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was happy with offer.