NanoString Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at NanoString

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at NanoString (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three rounds. Initial phone call from the recruiter to discuss the position, general hr questions, and general technical and cultural fit question. Followed by a technical phone screen from a senior manager. The final interview was onsite for 4 hours. First was the recruiter to go over the day, then the senior manager, then two principal software engineers, then another senior software engineer and software engineer in test. The interview blocks were 45 minutes each. They provided lunch and drinks and handled the interview process very well. The building was really nice as well and parking was easy to find.

Interview Questions

• I would love to help others out but unfortunately I signed an NDA. The questions are what you would expect at typical SE interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My counter offer was declined.

IT Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NanoString (Seattle, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for a Microsoft Systems Engineer position. My experience didn't quite line up with their specific technical requirements, even though I have prior work experience in their industry.

The experience was fairly pleasant and I was treated with respect throughout. Interviews/calls happened on time and people were well-prepared.

The process was fairly straight-forward and non-eventful, but at least it was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• I was asked various technical and behavioral questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. Seemed like they were reading from a script, but it was fairly casual.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at NanoString (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Good experience. Very friendly and candid hr department. Then I was passed to the department head and that also went well. Interview with two others and they all had positive reactions to my questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NanoString.

Interview

There were four interviews and three of them had to do with sales. The last one was a biology interview asking about biotechnology techniques. They also want to see if you can fit into the companies work-life environment. They are mainly looking for if you can communicate science well.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain how our product is different from other products that are used for biomarkers?
      Can you describe your previous experience?
      How would you handle an objection if a scientist didn't want our technology?
      Can you explain a situation where you handled a challenge?   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NanoString (Seattle, WA) in August 2018.

Interview

Two phone interviews, 30 min each. The first was a screening by HR, and the second was with the scientific manager. I followed up by email to thank both interviewers, but received no further communication (not even a notification that they were not proceeding with my application - rather impolite). Judging by the other comments on Glassdoor, this seems to be a theme.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NanoString.

Interview

2 phone screenings, followed by full day onsite. The interview questions were average. All the interviewers asked more or less the same questions. One interviewer seemed like she was asking questions like a school kid. She had written 10 questions and just bombarded those questions one by one quite robotically.

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NanoString.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR via Email. She scheduled a call with me. On the day of the interview, she did not call me on time. I had to literally remind her about the call. And then finally she calls and she asked me about my work experience. And she asked me why did you leave Zimmer(Zimmer Biomet)? I was in a shock that why is she mentioning Zimmer when I worked for some other company. I told her that I worked for other company then she started asking why I put Zimmer on my resume?
    I mean I was terrified and told her I guess you are looking at a different resume. Then she checked with me on my last name.
    However, I finished the call and she said that she will update me in a week or so regarding the sponsorship, which she never did.

Overall a very bad experience!

Interview Questions

• Reason for leaving my previous company?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NanoString (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

Started with two phone screens, one with HR and one with the hiring manager. Followed by nearly full day interview with variety of individuals the role would interact with. One hour time slots, rotating through different members of various teams, with questions focusing on aspects that are important to that specific area. Lunch with the direct team. Basic interview questions exploring previous experience and how you've handled situations in the past.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled conflict within a team?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NanoString.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me through linkedin and asked if I was interested in the job. After confirming my interest, we scheduled a phone screen interview. The phone interview went smooth, but I never followed up and didn't move on in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for the position and organization?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NanoString in January 2016.

Interview

Met with HR for a pre interview and signing a NDA and then met with 4 or 5 people from my group for a group and one on one interviews