National Abortion Federation Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 9 of over 9 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at National Abortion Federation

National Abortion Federation

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at National Abortion Federation in May 2020

Interview

3 rounds of interviews: With the HR specialist, then the team lead, then the team. Standard interview questions: what skills do you have, how would you handle a specific situation

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in applying?
    Answer Question

National Abortion Federation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Abortion Federation in Sep 2019

Interview

The Internship interview process was great. Lots of meeting new people and no over the top application questions. No assignments were asked of us and very little difficultly. More of a conversation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at National Abortion Federation (Washington, DC) in May 2018

Interview

The interview process was quick for me but felt very impersonal. I applied online and they received an email to schedule an initial phone screen. The phone screen lasted about 4 minutes and felt very rushed. I was emailed a couple of days later to schedule an in-person interview at the office. At the interview, the two people who interviewed me did not smile once. They started the interview by saying, “let’s jump right in.” And started asking my questions without exchanging any pleasantries or asking me about myself and my background. The questions were exclusively about my feelings on abortion rights, working with people from different backgrounds and what my perspective on privledge is.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

Hotline Director reached out via email and scheduled a phone interview. One phone interview with them. A second interview in person (or phone if unavailable) with hotline director and HR. Final interview in office usually with CEO but may be with Hotline Director and HR.

Interview Questions
  • Besides general questions about experience, questions about how you would react to certain scenarios as well as how you self care. The CEO still asks the "1-10" question previous reviews mentioned. They ask where NAF fits in your job search (i.e. What if we offer you this job and you get another offer). Job offer at 3rd in person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Abortion Federation (Washington, DC)

Interview

Phone interview, then in person with Hotline Director and Assistant Director. Then a meeting either with the president, Vicki Saporta, or the HR person. They'll offer you the position at the 2nd in person interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

The whole process took about a month - I applied online, completed a phone screening, and then was called in for a series of two interviews. The second interview with the CEO was definitely one of the most difficult interviews I have ever done, with good reason! You can tell they care about the organization and are truly seeking out the best people.

Interview Questions
  • I was given different scenarios and asked how I would respond to them - was definitely asked some questions that bordered on personal, but that I felt comfortable answering. The CEO wants to know about your background so she definitely drills hard on that. She also asks the same question multiple times in different ways so be prepared to tell the truth and stick to it. Also be prepared with more than one answer to "what is your weakness?". My advice is to completely be yourself, stand your ground and don't change your answer if she presses you. It seemed like she wants to know you are confident in yourself and can push back even when questioned. Don't second guess yourself and you'll be fine!

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at National Abortion Federation (Washington, DC) in Jul 2015

Interview

The interview process was long and drawn out. There was not a phone interview. The first interview was in the office with the general counsel of the organization, who is also the director of the meetings department. This interview lasted over an hour. The following interview was about 2- 3 weeks later with the general counsel and the director of communications. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. The next step was a project. I recieved the project approx. 3 - 4 weeks later. I had a week to submit the project. A couple of weeks later I had a final interview with the CEO and the general counsel. The final interview last well over 2 hours. I was made an offer that afternoon and was pressured to make a decision before I left.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Abortion Federation (Washington, DC) in Aug 2012

Interview

I was interviewed twice; once by the COO and the Director of Finance (my direct supervisor), then by the COO, DoF, and CEO, Vicki Saporta. Both times my resume was looked over and commented on, or asked about. The CEO is incredibly intimidating and makes interviewees cry pretty regularly. She asked personal questions, that I ended up answering, but now regret answering. I think an okay answer would have been, "I do not feel comfortable answering that question". Additionally, I was offered the job on the spot, which I accepted because I had already determined what salary I would be able to accept (and I was unemployed at the time), but was then told that had I not accepted it right then and asked for some time to think about it, the job offer would have been rescinded. That is a huge red flag that I didn't see at the time.

Interview Questions
  • The stand out question that the CEO asks everyone is "How much do you want to work here?"

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Abortion Federation (Washington, DC) in Jan 2009

Interview

I emailed a former coworker's contact who was working in my target department. I guess she forwarded it to a higher-up in the department, who called me the next day because they happened to have an immediate opening suited to my quals. The first interview happened about a week later, and it was with two senior people in the department. That went really well and they seemed eager to go ahead with the hire, but said I'd need to meet with the president as well. So I came back 2 days later and had the second interview was with all three of them, if memory serves. The weird thing was this: before sending me off to schedule the second interview, the 2 department people specifically told me (warned me?) that the president always asks candidates, "On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you want to work here?" Sure enough, that's what happened, and I found myself doing this awkward suck-up "Heh, can I say eleven?" schtick. I mean, I did really want to work there, but what compelling me to say that kind of cliche? (I didn't know yet that with the president, there are a lot of wrong answers and avoiding wrath motivates a lot of employees to act like yes-men. A highly-qualified acquaintance of mine interviewed too, and replied that she felt that was an unfair question; she was pushed very hard to answer it anyway, and eventually she said "7"; she didn't get a call back.) Anyway, apparently 11 was the right answer, because I started a week or two after that. Oh, and when I mentioned my skills in a second language, I was asked to say some stuff, "whatever," in that language, even though the president doesn't speak it. I still don't get how that imparted any useful knowledge! Everything about the orientation and the paperwork to initiate employment was pretty well organized. But my first paycheck was messed up because I somehow was left off the payroll. That was stressful! It only happened the first time, though.

Interview Questions
  • The weird thing was this: before sending me off to schedule the second interview, the 2 department people specifically told me (warned me?) that the president always asks candidates, "On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you want to work here?" Sure enough, that's what happened.
  • When I mentioned my skills in a second language, I was asked to say something in the language ("give me an example -- say whatever").
RSS Feed</>Embed