National Income Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

1.9

Benefit Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Income Life (Flushing, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I responded to a job posting through a well known classifieds site on Saturday morning. I received a generic copy-paste email Monday morning asking me to come in for an interview. There was no mention of the company name. At the end of the email they provided two webpages to visit for additional information: nilife & torchmarkcorp. The first page being how I managed to obtain the name and purpose of the company. They invited me to visit 3050 Whitestone Expressway Suite 201 in Flushing, Queens at 10 am on either Tues, Wed, Thur, or Fri for the interview. Again, I was never provided with a contact name and all correspondence was through the list site (anonymous email addresses). They were unable to respond to me in order to confirm for me to come in on Thursday morning until Wednesday at 6 pm!!!
    I had to email them several times, encouraging them to respond, and they finally did at the last second. I don't know about you but I am not keen on planning a 90 minute trip with such short notice. This company had made a very bad impression already.
    The location seemed pretty shady. The office appeared to be located in the middle of nowhere right next to the highway near a shopping center in a large multi-office building.
    What alarmed me the most though was what I read when I googled the address: not only was it listed as a completely different company name, but the FIRST link to come up was for consumer affairs and all the complaints that have been filed against this company!!!!
    That solidified my suspicions of this being a scam.
    If you like wasting your time, go ahead. As for me, I'm smarter than that. Stay far away.

Interview Questions

• They claimed that the company will provide paid in-office training and once you begin working full time using their supposedly hot leads, you will be making 60 to 80 K plus.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Income Life (Flushing, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

They accept anyone willing to pay for the their own license in their own school, so I'm sure they see more than what you think. "scam" . They sell the opportunity really well but never follow up and forget about you after the school gets paid.

Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

Interview

3 part interview process. first is extremly brief interview, 2nd is a presentation, 3rd is a final interview which they tell you the questions in the interview. I did not accept the postition because of all the negative reviews online, I felt uneasy accepting the position, which was offered. They do require you to get a life insurance license! you can get it through them which costs 250$cash or 275$credit OR you can get it yourself on line or at an institute.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at National Income Life in June 2017.

Interview

Easy. We watched a presentation on what you would be doing for the job. It was very detailed with high earning potential. If you make it beyond that you will be asked to do a one on one interview to assess your qualifications.

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at National Income Life (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Received a call saying they had seen my resume posted on Monster.com and asked me to call for an interview. When I called, they would not provide a job description or salary range. When I asked if it was a commission-based sales job they said no. Online reviews of this company's hiring practices repeatedly describe a bait and switch interview statement, and then a cattle-call interview with multiple barely-qualified candidates in the same interview basically watching videos about selling life insurance to union members. As described in many other posted Glassdoor reviews, beware, this company practices deceptive hiring tactics and is not ethical or a good place to work.

Interview Questions

• The interview screening call did not care at all about my work background or experience, had no idea of the contents of my resume, just wanted a warm body to travel for half a day to an interview in NYC.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at National Income Life (Long Island City, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I arrived and everyone was courteous and professional Within 10 minutes I was taken in for a short, private, personal interview. After a few minutes I was invited to go to the next step which was a group interview and orientation. I was given a questionnaire that contained fair, personal questions. Unfortunately I was not called and offered a position which was a MAJOR mistake on the company's part. They should definitely reconsider if they are interested in an additional GREAT team member coming aboard.

Anonymous Employee in Vestal, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at National Income Life (Vestal, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by them first (red flag) to get me in for an interview quickly (red flag), and then sat through an hour-long informational sales pitch on the position where it is revealed that the real company name is National Income Life and notthe name of the office that they hype up and that you'll be working on 100% commissions selling life insurance (major red flag). Called in for a second, more traditional interview where they told me to bring my resume and then proceeded to tell me later on after I'd been hired that they don't care about people's resumes at all (BIG red flag).

Interview Questions

• They specifically asked if I could handle the work-life balance of the job, implying that is was very demanding and stressful (another red flag).   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Income Life (Buffalo, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Power Point presentation was well done. They seem to be a successful organization. The interview process was very informative and included the opportunities and the pay structure. I look forward to finding a new career through the interview process made available by Glass Door.

Interview Questions

• What type of work ethic do I have.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations as this is a 100% Commission only position.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Income Life (New York, NY).

Interview

horrible. they say that its managment, really its management oppurtunity in 90 days. The compensations structure makes it obvious you either knock it out of the park or get canned. The interview had 50 people in the room, we were all pulled back and given a 5 minite interview where "only a few were selected" From what I could tell everyonr made it too the back room. From their we got an "Interview" that was actually them pitching us the job. I was offered and declined, im certain everyone was offered a position the issue is when they just hire everyone their is no actual desire to invest in the employees performance, they fish with a net hoping to find all stars.

Negotiation

no negotiotion

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Income Life (East Syracuse, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Filled out a personal evaluation.
    Sat in a room with three other people and two manager trainees.
    Sat through 2 hour presentation about what NIL was, is, and could be for you.
    At the end of 2 hours, the presenter pulled each person in individually to ask if they wanted to be considered for a position.
    BIGGEST TURNOFF: He kept referring to his employees (team mates) as "studs" and "studettes". No matter how much I would have liked to have been "considered" I could not stand to be in that room with him for 5 minutes more.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to be considered for this position?   1 Answer