National Income Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Income Life Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2017

1.9

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at National Income Life in June 2017.

Interview

Easy. We watched a presentation on what you would be doing for the job. It was very detailed with high earning potential. If you make it beyond that you will be asked to do a one on one interview to assess your qualifications.

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at National Income Life (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Received a call saying they had seen my resume posted on Monster.com and asked me to call for an interview. When I called, they would not provide a job description or salary range. When I asked if it was a commission-based sales job they said no. Online reviews of this company's hiring practices repeatedly describe a bait and switch interview statement, and then a cattle-call interview with multiple barely-qualified candidates in the same interview basically watching videos about selling life insurance to union members. As described in many other posted Glassdoor reviews, beware, this company practices deceptive hiring tactics and is not ethical or a good place to work.

Interview Questions

• The interview screening call did not care at all about my work background or experience, had no idea of the contents of my resume, just wanted a warm body to travel for half a day to an interview in NYC.   1 Answer

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at National Income Life (Long Island City, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I arrived and everyone was courteous and professional Within 10 minutes I was taken in for a short, private, personal interview. After a few minutes I was invited to go to the next step which was a group interview and orientation. I was given a questionnaire that contained fair, personal questions. Unfortunately I was not called and offered a position which was a MAJOR mistake on the company's part. They should definitely reconsider if they are interested in an additional GREAT team member coming aboard.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Income Life (Buffalo, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Power Point presentation was well done. They seem to be a successful organization. The interview process was very informative and included the opportunities and the pay structure. I look forward to finding a new career through the interview process made available by Glass Door.

Interview Questions

• What type of work ethic do I have.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations as this is a 100% Commission only position.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Income Life (New York, NY).

Interview

horrible. they say that its managment, really its management oppurtunity in 90 days. The compensations structure makes it obvious you either knock it out of the park or get canned. The interview had 50 people in the room, we were all pulled back and given a 5 minite interview where "only a few were selected" From what I could tell everyonr made it too the back room. From their we got an "Interview" that was actually them pitching us the job. I was offered and declined, im certain everyone was offered a position the issue is when they just hire everyone their is no actual desire to invest in the employees performance, they fish with a net hoping to find all stars.

Negotiation

no negotiotion

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Income Life (East Syracuse, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Filled out a personal evaluation.
    Sat in a room with three other people and two manager trainees.
    Sat through 2 hour presentation about what NIL was, is, and could be for you.
    At the end of 2 hours, the presenter pulled each person in individually to ask if they wanted to be considered for a position.
    BIGGEST TURNOFF: He kept referring to his employees (team mates) as "studs" and "studettes". No matter how much I would have liked to have been "considered" I could not stand to be in that room with him for 5 minutes more.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to be considered for this position?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Income Life (Farmingdale, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I got the the office about 30 minutes early. As is my habit, I waited in the car for about 15 minutes, so I would be so very early. When I went in, there was a person sitting at a desk by the door. I gave her my name and told her who I was there to see.

As usual, there was a form to fill out. What was a bit different was that it wasn't a full blown typical application. It essentially had 2 questions ... at least 2 that stand out. "How Competitive are you?" "What career direction to you want to avoid".

I waited only a short time to be called in for my interview. It wasn't with the person I was expecting to meet. He was pleasant and apparently liked the my answers to his questions.

He told me it was a 3 step process. This first meeting was just a general "get to know you" meeting. If I were to be asked back, the second step would describe the job in full along with benefits. After that, if I were to continue on the final meeting would be with an executive with the firm. That would all take place over the next 3 days.

My thoughts on this process are:
    1) If I'd been asked the questions on the form before I scheduled the interview, it would have saved me 3.5 hours of vacation time, because I would have known that it wasn't the job for me.
    2) 3 "interviews" in 3 days for the same company? Apparently you are looking for people a lot more desperate than I am. How is a person supposed to take that much time off in such a short period?
    3) I wish I'd known about Glassdoor before I even applied for this job.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Income Life (Flushing, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

mass group presentation SCAM! originally called me for an interview from Quadri Agencies, when I got to the suite it was National Income LIFE! ITS A PYRAMID SCHEME SCAM! "MANAGERS"

Interview Questions

• ARE YOU COMPETITIVE? DO YOU LIKE MONEY   2 Answers

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookhaven, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Income Life (Brookhaven, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Short individual interview, followed by a group presentation. Almost everyone gets a 'final interview'. They don't really talk about the course you must take to get licensed, and how much it costs.

Seems like a scam

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Income Life (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

You go in, I got called in through a job site. Mass cattle call, but they meet you one on one to see if you are a psycho. If you are sane you go to the next round. Which is a cattle call. The cattle call meeting is actually very good. They explain the process in detail which is really good. Then I met the boss, who made over $800k last year, and told me he would tell me how to do the same. That was all it took. I made a commitment. Basically its not a job, its a calling, like being a ball player or lawyer or doctor. Either you do it because you love it, or you hate it and you should not do it. I chose in the interview process what I wanted to do and it spoke to me. But I could see how many people would not want to do this.

Interview Questions

• Normal question. They want to see if you have ambition and staying power, because you are going to need it.   Answer Question