National Income Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 10, 2016

1.9

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Income Life (Buffalo, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Power Point presentation was well done. They seem to be a successful organization. The interview process was very informative and included the opportunities and the pay structure. I look forward to finding a new career through the interview process made available by Glass Door.

Interview Questions

• What type of work ethic do I have.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations as this is a 100% Commission only position.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Income Life (New York, NY).

Interview

horrible. they say that its managment, really its management oppurtunity in 90 days. The compensations structure makes it obvious you either knock it out of the park or get canned. The interview had 50 people in the room, we were all pulled back and given a 5 minite interview where "only a few were selected" From what I could tell everyonr made it too the back room. From their we got an "Interview" that was actually them pitching us the job. I was offered and declined, im certain everyone was offered a position the issue is when they just hire everyone their is no actual desire to invest in the employees performance, they fish with a net hoping to find all stars.

Negotiation

no negotiotion

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Income Life (East Syracuse, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Filled out a personal evaluation.
    Sat in a room with three other people and two manager trainees.
    Sat through 2 hour presentation about what NIL was, is, and could be for you.
    At the end of 2 hours, the presenter pulled each person in individually to ask if they wanted to be considered for a position.
    BIGGEST TURNOFF: He kept referring to his employees (team mates) as "studs" and "studettes". No matter how much I would have liked to have been "considered" I could not stand to be in that room with him for 5 minutes more.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to be considered for this position?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Income Life (Farmingdale, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I got the the office about 30 minutes early. As is my habit, I waited in the car for about 15 minutes, so I would be so very early. When I went in, there was a person sitting at a desk by the door. I gave her my name and told her who I was there to see.

As usual, there was a form to fill out. What was a bit different was that it wasn't a full blown typical application. It essentially had 2 questions ... at least 2 that stand out. "How Competitive are you?" "What career direction to you want to avoid".

I waited only a short time to be called in for my interview. It wasn't with the person I was expecting to meet. He was pleasant and apparently liked the my answers to his questions.

He told me it was a 3 step process. This first meeting was just a general "get to know you" meeting. If I were to be asked back, the second step would describe the job in full along with benefits. After that, if I were to continue on the final meeting would be with an executive with the firm. That would all take place over the next 3 days.

My thoughts on this process are:
    1) If I'd been asked the questions on the form before I scheduled the interview, it would have saved me 3.5 hours of vacation time, because I would have known that it wasn't the job for me.
    2) 3 "interviews" in 3 days for the same company? Apparently you are looking for people a lot more desperate than I am. How is a person supposed to take that much time off in such a short period?
    3) I wish I'd known about Glassdoor before I even applied for this job.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookhaven, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Income Life (Brookhaven, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Short individual interview, followed by a group presentation. Almost everyone gets a 'final interview'. They don't really talk about the course you must take to get licensed, and how much it costs.

Seems like a scam

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Income Life (Flushing, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

mass group presentation SCAM! originally called me for an interview from Quadri Agencies, when I got to the suite it was National Income LIFE! ITS A PYRAMID SCHEME SCAM! "MANAGERS"

Interview Questions

• ARE YOU COMPETITIVE? DO YOU LIKE MONEY   2 Answers

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Income Life (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

You go in, I got called in through a job site. Mass cattle call, but they meet you one on one to see if you are a psycho. If you are sane you go to the next round. Which is a cattle call. The cattle call meeting is actually very good. They explain the process in detail which is really good. Then I met the boss, who made over $800k last year, and told me he would tell me how to do the same. That was all it took. I made a commitment. Basically its not a job, its a calling, like being a ball player or lawyer or doctor. Either you do it because you love it, or you hate it and you should not do it. I chose in the interview process what I wanted to do and it spoke to me. But I could see how many people would not want to do this.

Interview Questions

• Normal question. They want to see if you have ambition and staying power, because you are going to need it.   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Income Life (Long Island City, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

There were about 10 people being interviewed at the same time. A few walked out as soon as they's entered the room, believing they were coming in for a management or customer service job (likely due to not researching the company thoroughly). They had us fill out a questionnaire with our basic information and questions about our competitiveness and our best qualities. Then there was a two minute one on one where we went over our questionnaires and resumes. All those who stay for the short interview are invited for the hour long sales pitch where they explain about the company very thoroughly. Before the sales pitch begins the applicants are seated in the room and given another longer questionnaire to fill out. After the sales pitch, yet another questionnaire is given out, to be filled out and returned if you would like to be considered for the final round of interviews. Roughly 3/4 of us filled these out. Called back within a few hours to schedule the final interview and told to bring my ID and SS card with me.

Interview Questions

• What are two weaknesses that you know about yourself and are looking to improve upon?   Answer Question
    • If we ran into your last employes and asked them to tell us about you, what are three things they would say?   Answer Question

Client Services Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Income Life.

Interview

The man doing the interview was passionate and informative. However it did not make up for the fact it is a pyramid scheme. If I was desperate I would try it out, otherwise don't risk being scammed.

Interview Questions

It seemed as if they wanted me more than I wanted them. Very agressive, seemed fake.

Benefits Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Income Life (Queens Village, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I didn't apply to any position but they contacted me because they had found my resume on a job board. They wanted me to have the interview the following day, which in my opinion was sketchy. I asked them to have the interview in a couple of days in order for me to have time to look for more information about the company. It turned out to be a pyramid scheme, and after reading all the reviews I decided to cancel the interview. I sent them an email and never got a response