National Jewish Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

2.7

Pre-Analytical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Jewish Health (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online early in the month and received a phone call for an interview about three weeks later. First the conducted a phone interview and invited me in for an interview with the hiring managers. The interview was behavioral and lasted about 45 minutes. After that part of the interview they allowed me to tour the lab and talk to a few people about their positions. Afterwards, they contacted me in about 48 hours for a reference check. After the reference check was complete, HR said they would contact me within a few days, which after another follow up still did not happen.

Health and Wellness Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Jewish Health (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

Explanation of Job. Q and A format. We spent time getting to know each other. Interviewer came across very kind. She showed me around the Department after we had interviewed. She went to great length of describing what would be excepted of me if I was hired. They were interviewing several people that day so because it was a call center they were trying to fill a lot of spots that were open.

Data Analysis Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Jewish Health.

Interview

Simple interview; they didn't ask me anything difficult. I didn't accept the job--the vacation benefits were abhorrent and the pay not so great. I was surprised that a hospital with such a great rep had such poor compensation and vacation.

Administrative Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Jewish Health.

Interview

Generic interview questions. Would not provide salary information, not even a range. Some questions about the job were addressed very clearly; others were avoided, such as specific questions about the exact position and how it worked. Slow process between interviews (took weeks to complete the process). Interviewer was positive and promoted the organization. The interview process was very standard and in a one-on-one format. It was not too intimidating.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at National Jewish Health (Denver, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

Very easy. They are not trying to trick you in any way. They care about their patients dearly, and they want to make sure you have the same values. Only one round of interview, and was interviewed by two people.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions based on my resume. Tell us about yourself, and your past experience.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Jewish Health (Denver, CO).

Interview

Very laid back, but HR can be a little unorganized. It takes a long time to actually get hired and started. The interview was very causal and non confrontational. I had a good experience interviewing.

Health & Wellness Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Jewish Health (Glendale, CO).

Interview

Applied online and was offered an interview 1 week later. Asked about experience with difficult customers, a time when I felt most satisfied with my work, a time when I was dissatisfied and what I did to change it, and asked about my motivation. Automated email to list references, and sends questions to those references via email (so cool). I was then contacted by HR for an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you felt most satisfied with your work?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you encountered a problem customer, what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They offered me my desired salary.

Health and Wellness Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Jewish Health (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

The turnover rate is high so there is a hiring event every month with 10-20 people getting hired from all different backgrounds. The interview itself is pretty basic, 30-60 minutes, but opportunities may be offered that really WON'T be offered once hired. After getting hired, all 10-20 people will start a training on the same date that can range from 2-4 weeks but training changed on a regular basis because it truly is an on the job learning experience.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you exceeded the expectations at a workplace?   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Jewish Health (Denver, CO) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was brief but very thorough, I was asked many questions and gave throrough answers. I felt very comfortable during the entire interview. By the time the interview was finished I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Have you successfully completed Medical Assistant classes?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was only a negotation regarding the amount of pay there were offering me.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Jewish Health in June 2014.

Interview

2 interviews- one paper asking basic questions - availably, what you want the job, etc. In person was more personal and in-depth gauging your knowledge of SMART goals etc

Interview Questions

• One time you coached some one without telling them what to do.   Answer Question