Navair Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Navair Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.7

Structural Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Navair Technologies.

Interview

Straightforward, typical application process. Communication across e-mail from a friend's referral. Light discussion, with only a few typical interview-type questions to gauge me. A phone interview would have followed my transcript submission, but my GPA didn't quite cut it in the areas that mattered. Even still, no complaints.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult project you have worked. Why was it difficult? How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

ESDP (Computer Science) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Navair Technologies (Long Beach, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Talked to college recruiter at job fair, was offered an interview the next day. Seemed like they were really interested in computer science majors. Interview was pretty easy and straightforward, mostly behavioral and also a little bit about academics and past projects.

Two weeks later got an email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview mostly talked about NavAir and the different things they do in China Lake. Didn't ask any really technical questions, just went off of what was on my resume. At the end of the interview was asked to attend a site visit.

First was an HR brief where we went over the ESDP position briefly, and talked about the job benefits. Afterwards was pretty much a tour of the facilities. Finally we were taken for a drive around China Lake to get a feel of the town.

Three weeks after the site visit I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult project you have worked on and why? How did you overcome these difficulties?   Answer Question
    • Describe one of the projects that you worked on and what role you played in its development   Answer Question
    • What is the technical report you're most proud of   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the software development cycle   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navair Technologies in February 2017.

Interview

The first interview was conducted on my university campus. The interview was purely behavioral. The recruiter spent the first 10 minutes or so talking about the company. The latter 20-30 minutes were spent talking about various projects I worked on and specific scenarios. About a week later, I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was with two other software engineers and touched on similar questions from the first interview. I got invited for a site interview shortly afterwards but declined.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult project you have worked on and why? How did you overcome these difficulties?   Answer Question

School Fair Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Navair Technologies (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Approached the recruiters at the career fair. Spoken briefly about myself and my projects. Recruiter informs me about an information session. Everyone signs in. Then after information session you have more time to speak to the recruiter. He then wrote my name on a list and then I got a call for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all behavioral
      1. Tell me about your projects
      6. What separates you from the rest
      Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I applied online through their website and got a phone call a few weeks later inviting me to an onsite interview. The interview was pretty straightforward with only behavioral questions.

Rotational Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Navair Technologies (Davis, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through the career fair on campus and was offered an interview. Prior to the interview, they held an information session to discuss the rotational program. The interview was the following day. It was just the typical behavioral questions, nothing technical. They seem to reiterate that everything you learn in college will be relearn in the program. Word of advice, if you're a dual citizen, you will be asked to give up your non US citizenship.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navair Technologies (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Talked with a recruiter at a career fair and they set up an interview the next day. Two recruiters interviewed me on campus. They said that I will receive a follow up within two weeks but the process is still ongoing.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

ESDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Navair Technologies (Long Beach, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I meet a recruiter at a school job fair and got interview the next day. The interview take about 30 min. There were no technical question. There were only some soft skill question.

Computer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navair Technologies (Long Beach, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly. He asked me basic interview question then moved on to my projects. We discussed the positions that I could potentially have and talked about relocation since I lived too far to commute everyday. It was the first interview so he did not ask any technical questions.

Recent Grad Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navair Technologies (Fullerton, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It is from a career fair. After u handed them your resume and mention you are electrical engineering major, they schedule the interview. (Only that major back there would straight to the interview). Interview is one on one at my school and they just ask the questions which listed in the form. They would offer u a job after that. But I only heard one out of my 40 classmates got the job.

Interview Questions

• Asking about your public speaking skills, how's your senior project, what is your role in this team, and what difficultly u were facing and how to solving.   Answer Question