Needham & Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Needham & Co. Interview Questions

3.2

Investment Anking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Needham & Co. in September 2015.

Interview

I had an on campus interview with Needham & Co. The interviewer asked a lot of accounting questions for a non-accounting position, and was visibly irritated when I didn't know an answer.

Interview Questions

• Where is EBITDA on the income statement? How could you find it using the financial statements?   1 Answer

Institutional Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Needham & Co. (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Received an email, and set up an interview for the next week. Met with the head of institutional sales, as well as someone from HR. Questions were basic, just personality, and fit, as this was more of an administrative position.

Analyst Interview

Interview

two phone interview, and onsite interview. 1st round was 30Min long, and then 2nd was 1hr long. Basically focus on personality but there would be some technical questions since 2nd round.

Interview Questions

• what do you think about the stock markets for past two weeks.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Needham & Co. (Menlo Park, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview for about 30 minutes. Mostly fit questions. They really would like to go deep on the things that you mentioned on the resume and made sure you weren't making them up. After that I was asked a couple of short technical questions. The interviewer was friendly.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Needham & Co. (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I had 3 rounds of 1-on-1 interviews with senior research analysts, sales force, and senior management. It seemed like they wanted me to come in (almost on a whim) for some interviews but because I was working in NJ at the time, I asked them to plan out interviews and limit the number of times I'd have to go into the city. I also had to do 1 writing sample.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Needham & Co. in March 2013.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview. About a week later, I was contacted about coming into the office for in person interviews. I had about 8 interviews, each 30 minutes, and each fairly similar. Mostly fit questions, a few technical questions, and a fair number of brain teasers.

Interview Questions

• 10x10x10 cube made up of 1x1x1 cubes. If you dip it in white paint, how many cubes remain unpainted?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Needham & Co. (Menlo Park, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

consisted of a phone interview with an associate and a follow up on campus interview with two associates. phone interview had several technical questions but nothing unexpected. In person interview consisted entirely of fit questions

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the three financial statements   Answer Question
    • What happens to the three financial statements if you incur $10 of depreciation   Answer Question

Associate (Financial) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Needham & Co. (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Full day of interviews for sales and trading. Very comprehensive schedule. The schedule consisted of rotations through analysts, senior sales and trading professionals and executives, at the firm. It was a very long, but well thought out process. The process was held over a two day period. Key questions had to do with: my rationale for choosing sales/trading, why I was a good fit for the firm and why I thought the company was differentiated, versus peers.

Interview Questions

• Reasons for choosing sales and trading, versus corporate finance?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the offer, as is. Seemed fair.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Needham & Co. (Needham, MA) in August 2010.

Interview

Nice and friendly place

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Needham & Co..

Interview

Applied through on campus recruiting and the first round was held on campus. Interviewed with two analysts that graduated a couple of years before. The interview was pretty standard, fit/behavioral to start with followed by technical questions. One of them was clearly not happy to be there and tried to make the interview very difficult and unpleasant.

Interview Questions

• If I had a 10x10x10 cube and dipped it in paint, how many cubes would not be covered by paint?   Answer Question