Nellson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Nellson

2.5

Sort:

Microbiologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nellson in January 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview with the hiring manager of the company. She talked to me very thoroughly and asked about my experience in an academic setting and professional lab setting. She wanted to know what I knew about GMP and overall production knowledge. The hiring manager was very thorough with her questions, constantly informing me about the progress of the interview process. She kept in touch almost immediately when there was an update.

The hiring manager put me through with a phone interview with the main supervisor of the microbiology department. She told me the estimated phone interview would be about 50 minutes. Instead it was about 15 minutes where I was asked if I was open to long hours on the weekend and if I was capable of working alone. The hiring manager contacted me a few days later to conduct an in person interview.

Met with security 10 minutes prior to the interview to be checked in and seated. Waited about 20 minutes for the interview process to begin, where all three supervisors at the time entered the room. They talked over each other, emphasizing the long lonely hours during the job that would entitle weekend hours and late shifts. There was hardly any mention about my experience other than how they knew it would be a long training process. During my introduction, it was cut short as a woman walked in during it. How accommodating. The entire process was just a lot of banter about the commute and the hours. Nothing was quite professional about the scenario. It ended in about 20 minutes on top of the already 20 minute wait prior.

In the end, I was not offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle working alone on the weekend when the company is not open to anyone other than yourself?   1 Answer

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nellson (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2014.

Interview

Ask how long i had worked for Cream-O-Weber i told them 22 yr Them they ask me what else i could do. I said i was a supervisor also

Interview Questions

• How long did i operate a machine 22 yr. I was a supervisor where i was in charge of about a hundred people   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me they didn't have a good training program

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nellson (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and had a brief phone interview. I then went in and met in person with the VP of Human Resources and Safety as well as with the Plant Director. The interview itself was simple but very thorough.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions revolved around specific experiences to demonstrate knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was quick and VERY fair.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irwindale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nellson (Irwindale, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online for customer service position. Took a week to call back for an interview. Was called from an out of district plant to set up interview with a dept manager in Irwindale. Initially it was mentioned the dept manager at Irwindale was so stretched for an appointment, that person might need to meet me at Starbucks. That didn't set well with me professionally because in order to know if I would like to be apart of a company, I desire to see their accommodations and fellow employees. Second if the dept manager is that busy, you should really RESTRUCTURE internally to get more help!
    Once I arrived to the interview at the plant in Irwindale and had to go through extensive security just for an interview in an office not in the plant but in a separate building. Met with the dept manager and as that person was talking angrily through their teeth, they wouldn't allow anything to be said until they were done. (comes off pretty angry to me) Upon all the talking the dept. manager did, extensively it was mentioned how this role is the most vital / important role in the company that helps facilitate all other departments. Customer service handles the brunt of all the orders and all production problems yet is the most disrespected from all other departments. It was admitted there is no ownership of responsibility in either of the other factory dept. managers and with outside salesmen. But that this role is what keeps the machines running for the company.
    NOTE: if you are the interviewee and the dept manager is knowingly admitting this level of disorganization, why aren't you doing anything about it? Why are you continuing to make the most important position in the company have the continuously added difficult abundance of work it has and not "cleaning house" with more internal employees to help make the process less intense??? Just to let you know this is a HUGE RED FLAG for the interviewee to ... turn around, exit and not answer when they call you for a second interview!

Interview Questions

• 1st Interview Question - Have you ever handled a customer who didnt accept a standard operating lead time? (caution flag)   1 Answer
    • How do you handle conflict resolution with fellow employees? (first red flag)   1 Answer
    • Are you familiar with multi-tasking?   1 Answer

Assistant to Manager of Sanitation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irwindale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nellson (Irwindale, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

They liked how i established myself. My history and what i have learned and how i can relate to the job i applied for. That i can be a great asset to this company. Hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your strengths?   1 Answer

Payroll Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nellson (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

was hired by an agency working for Nellson to fill position. After they hired my manager she never made me full time, kept saying she needed to get to know everyone

Interview Questions

Negotiation

that was the salary the agency was offering