Netsmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.4

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Netsmart (Overland Park, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process consisted of 3 separate interviews. First was a phone call at home. Second was a phone call on the campus. And Third was a video conference on campus

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Netsmart (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed for a brand new position. During my first phone interview, there was only supposed to be 1 more round of interviews. After every round of interviewing, the goal posts changed: they couldn't decide how many interviews I needed to do, half of the interviews seemed thrown together like they didn't even care, they didn't even ask anything of substance in the later interviews. I would find out on short notice that I needed to drive back for another in person interview. Finally, they called me and asked if they changed the position completely, if I'd still be interested. After that call, I never heard back from them though they were supposed to call by the end of the week. Not a rejection, not an offer, absolutely nothing.

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leawood, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Netsmart (Leawood, KS) in December 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was great but the in person interview was something else. I found the interviewer to be extremely rude (profanity was even used during the interview) and not respective of other's time. It would have been nice to receive a follow-up email or phone call after the interview. If this is how they treat possible employees I would hate to see how they treat actual employees. I WILL NEVER APPLY FOR THIS COMPANY AGAIN. Avoid at all cost. I walked through the building and saw how sad the employees looked. I'm glad it didn't work out.

Interview Questions

• Some behavior questions and a lot of questions about my technical abilities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Netsmart (Overland Park, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

A large group of college students went to the HQ, had dinner, spent the night, then had three interviews the next day. All but one of my interviewers were very awkward and made the situation very uncomfortable. It took almost THREE months to hear back when they explicitly said it'd be a week or two, and that they "wouldn't leave us hanging." None of my interviews were technical, but some of my fellow interviewers did have technical interviews, which leads me to believe some had an upper hand at the internship. They also want you to have tons of questions for them, so even if you already know the answer to a question, ask anyways. I didn't, because I thought that would be stupid, and all my interviews ended early because they didn't have any more questions for me.

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Netsmart (Overland Park, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

-I talked to them at the career fair for about 30-45 min and gave them my resume. The conversation was pretty long and deep into technology concepts. Two weeks later I received an email inviting me for a onSite interview which I didn't really expect. Most companies do the campus interview first.

- I went to the onsite interview in Overland Park KS. The hospitality was outstanding; I was hosted in a nice hotel in the area; they invited a group of us candidates for dinner before the interview. They were easy to talk to and created a positive atmosphere. One thing you will hear often among Netsmart employees is the word "intentionally; They don't even refer to their people as employees but "Associates"and interns as "Future".

- The onsite interview consisted of breakfast/lunch , office visit and three interviews that were pretty similar in some sense. I was interviewed by two managers and a current software engineer.

Interview Questions

• Know everything on your resume and your projects.
      I was asked about my internship projects and class projects.
      I was asked to give examples of when I had used the different technologies listed in my resume.
      I was asked a lot of question on SQL database and queries.
      I was asked basic object oriented concepts (Abstraction, Interface and such)
      I was asked about the software development cycle (Know it inside and out and be ready for anything like Agile, waterfall...)

Situational questions such as: tell me about a time when you worked on a team, when you face a challenge, when you failed and so on...
      1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated and they worked with me

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Netsmart (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter at my university career fair. Talked a bit and showed my resume.
    A few weeks later I got an on-campus interview.
    Was asked mostly stuff about what I was doing now and things about myself.
    Some technical questions included knowing how to use the debugger, databases, and other things that was listed on your resume.

EntryLevel Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Netsmart (Overland Park, KS) in August 2016.

Interview

The worst interview experience til date. The process: 4 interviews with different person- each being 30mins. They all ask are same questions and some don't even know what to ask. It is as if you are taking a 30-min interview where you are talking the whole 30mins non-stop and repeat the exact conversation 3 more times with 3 different people nonstop.

The worst part: The job description was blank and required so many multiple languages(.NET, Java, C++, JavaScript,...), so you wouldn't know what kind of an interview you should be preparing for.
    The job title states as "ENTRY-LEVEL" and in job requirements there is nothing but " Bachelors Degree in Computer Science" and basic knowledge of the languages: C++, Java, .NET and etc. After I wasted 1 complete day with this interview, I get no response to my sent-email and no status update regarding my status until I called in and I was told they are looking for well-experienced candidate of 4-5years of experience for an entry-level position. Seriously? Common, this is an entry-level position of 0-1yrs of experience in the job description and I have close to 2 YEARS of experience.

WHY CALL ME FOR AN INTERVIEW IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A PERSON WHO HAS 4-5YEARS OF EXPERIENCE WHEN I CLEAR STATE MY EXPERIENCE AS 2YEARS IN MY RESUME!! I EVEN HAD TO CANCEL ANOTHER INTERVIEW JUST TO TAKE THIS INTERVIEW HERE because I was more interested in Netsmart.

I would rather be told that I didn't do the interview well, if that was the case. I would accept and try to improve and just accept the denial.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you have worked on in the past.   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Netsmart.

Interview

One call with hiring manager, two phone screens with team leaders. Mostly resume questions and Microsoft-specific tech questions.

Brought onsite and met with 4 engineers. Discussed resume, goals, specific technologies. Answered my questions. No whiteboard programming.

Asked about:
    ASP.NET
    SQL/Database Architecture
    Experience with frontend and backend
    Automated testing and build server configuration (TeamCity)

Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leawood, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netsmart (Leawood, KS).

Interview

Great experience from the beginning, through the interview. No follow up or response to my follow up, not even a canned email. I find this unfortunate, when a candidate has potentially taken off work and made other necessary arrangements to complete the process to the best of his or her ability. This is not about not getting a job, it's about showing common courtesy. It leaves a bad taste for the candidate in regards to his or her perception of the company's virtue moving forward. An otherwise great experience becomes a negative one at the end.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Netsmart.

Interview

Met at job fair. Initial phone screen. One in person interview. Overall the interview process didn't take long and they were very flexible with my schedule due to finals week.