Network Rail Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Network Rail Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

Risk & Value Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Network Rail (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Standard application form.
    After two weeks they schedule me for an interview. they interview took 1 hour. Competency Based Interview, Safety, and Technical Questions. 10 questions about soft skills and 10 questions. And also a 5 minutes presentation about any topic.
    There were two interviewers, a manager, and an analyst. They were very friendly and made me feel confortable.

Interview Questions

• Meaning and implementation of cost (QCRA) and schedule (QSRA) risk assessments.
      what is a Monte carlo simulations ?
      how do you build risk models?

the rest was normal technical questions and usual soft skills question.   1 Answer

Interview

Was made to feel at ease immediately and the structure of the interview was clearly explained. Prior to arriving at the interview information emailed to me was clear and detailed. I had to do -for a fairly junior position - a full competency interview with 8 questions plus a presentation which i had pre prepared.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you anticipated the needs of a customer   1 Answer

Management Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Network Rail (York, England (UK)).

Interview

Interviewed by 2 employees, 1 the direct hiring manager and another manager from Glasgow office. Firstly they introduced themselves, spoke about the company and the position follow by questions to learn more about the candidate. It followed by competency questions on skills, management and communication. The tougher bit was technical and safety questions. Overall both the managers were extremely nice, friendly and even helpful when I was taking too long to think of answers.

Interview Questions

• In 2004 network rail was denationalised. What impact do you think it has on the management work that we do?   Answer Question
    • At Network Rail we take pride in the safety procedure that we have written. Have you heard of any and can you name them? Why do you think that safety is so important to Network Rail?   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Network Rail.

Interview

General application form followed by a psychometric game which was an app that I downloaded on to my phone. This was followed by a video interview.

The app was good and an a more interesting way of testing than other companies. Video interview was all situational based questions.

Communication was pretty poor at every stage of the process. No updates via email were sent and I had to keep logging into their portal to see if there were any changes to my application. No updates at all were given for 3 months after I had completed the video interview until my final rejection. I think Network Rail need to improve on this aspect of their application process as it did not make me feel like my effort to apply was valued in any way.

Interview Questions

• You already have a deadline from your line manager but another more senior colleague has requested your assistance on a different project which will impact on your deadline. How do you proceed?   Answer Question

Lead for Product Design and Food Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Market Harborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Network Rail (Market Harborough, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Informal interview/chat. Taught a Product Design lesson to a year 7 group. Interview with assistant Principal and Head of Faculty. Attended 2 (unpaid) days for handover of Product Design GCSE and A'Level and Food Tech GCSE.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Network Rail (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

application form then assessment centre. The assessment centre included a one to one interview than a group assessment. The interview was a competency based interview with some technical questions. Do plenty of research of why you want to work for network rail.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Network Rail (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

2 - 1 'Competency Based' Interview: Two employees from the safety department interviewed me despite applying for a graduate role in the Performance department. The questions were not all competency based and included scenario type questions and safety questions (which wasn't specified on the interview invitation). The interview lasted 45 minutes.

Group Activity: Given 8 Minutes to read through a set of instructions and facts about a public awareness campaign. Then given 25 minutes to discuss a strategy in a group of 6. The group of 6 was far too many and meant it was difficult to make a significant contribution.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to change your behaviour given feedback from a supervisor.   Answer Question

Graduate Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Network Rail (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Application form
    Situational judgement tests
    Phone app tests
    Video interview
    Assessment centre

Video interview quite hard as you cannot re-record answers and it all comes at once
    Assessment centre was friendly atmosphere made of group exercise, 2-1 interview and presentation of material they send you a week before the day

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Network Rail.

Interview

Applied on line with a CV, face to face interview with line manager and his manager, job offer over the phone if successful. HR followed up with formal paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions regarding the assets that would be responsible for and considerations that need to be made when deciding location etc   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Network Rail.

Interview

The assessment centre was in fact an interview and consisted of situational questions and an opportunity to meet current employees. First stage was online applications, then tests, followed by a video interview, and finally the assessment centre.`

Interview Questions

• Many situational questions regading the working environment   Answer Question