New School Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 27, 2017

2.4

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New School (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

received a call right away to set up an interview. met with 3 different individuals. all were extremely friendly. very casual atmosphere. very direct and transparent about the position.

Interview Questions

• proficiency in excel on a scale from 1 to 10   1 Answer

Senior Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New School (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone screening about 2-3 weeks after I applied. Followed by an in person interview/ tour of the facilities a week later. And then it took about another week for them to complete the reference checks.

Interview Questions

• What is the appeal of this job for you?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at New School.

Interview

Depends per department and per professor. You will apply online and the department will decide in faculty meetings. This means that knowing your professors is critical from an early part of the year. They should also be aware of your skills and interests. You also choose the specific professor you want to work with.

Interview Questions

• No Questions, I knew the professor beforehand and had spoken to him about the job   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New School (New York, NY).

Interview

Cordial, direct, process oriented. With a panel. There were three interviews in total with three different panels. The process was long and there was a great deal of time between each interview.

Interview Questions

• Trial questions regarding departmental situations and situations.   Answer Question

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New School (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

It was fairly easy. I applied in Sept 2016 then heard back in Dec 2016. I worked there as a Temp in the same Dept. I was actually surprised that the called me for an interview. I felt terrible that I had to decline due to the salary. it is a really nice department and great staff.

Interview Questions

• You once worked here as a Temp. How do you feel about being in a supervisor position where some of the staff know you as a Temp?   Answer Question

Student Lab Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New School (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I used the student jobs site to find the listing, then sent an email and my resumé. I was contacted about a week later and asked to come for an interview in one of the University buildings downtown, with the man who would later be my manager. He was nice and did not make me nervous.

Interview Questions

• What sort of experience did I have working with Mac/PC programs?   Answer Question

CNC Machinist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New School (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

the inerview process was simple, you just fill our a google sheet and they will contact you and sit down with you either for a one on one or two on one

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a person stressed out during finals   Answer Question

Senior Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New School (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call the same week to setup the in-person interview for the following. Second interview took place the week after that and an offer was made a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Experience with software relevant for administrative duties, including the Office Suite, some webservices, social media, etc.   Answer Question

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at New School (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the chair of the department over the summer. He discussed the department at length and his ideas for the future of the department, the direction he wanted to take it in, and what he was looking for in new instructors. We discussed my classroom experiences at length, challenges and strengths, and general issues in academia/classroom settings. It was a great interview. He offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you struggled in the classroom and had to re-see yourself and your teaching in order to reach your students.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New School (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I had an initial one-on-one informal interview with my prospective boss. They asked about points on my resume and then gave me lots of information about the role. I then had two follow up one-on-one interviews with academics, which were also quite informal. All interviews lasted in the range of 30-45 minutes.