New School Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New School Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at New School.

Interview

Depends per department and per professor. You will apply online and the department will decide in faculty meetings. This means that knowing your professors is critical from an early part of the year. They should also be aware of your skills and interests. You also choose the specific professor you want to work with.

Interview Questions

• No Questions, I knew the professor beforehand and had spoken to him about the job   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New School (New York, NY).

Interview

Cordial, direct, process oriented. With a panel. There were three interviews in total with three different panels. The process was long and there was a great deal of time between each interview.

Interview Questions

• Trial questions regarding departmental situations and situations.   Answer Question

Student Lab Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New School (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I used the student jobs site to find the listing, then sent an email and my resumé. I was contacted about a week later and asked to come for an interview in one of the University buildings downtown, with the man who would later be my manager. He was nice and did not make me nervous.

Interview Questions

• What sort of experience did I have working with Mac/PC programs?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New School (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I had an initial one-on-one informal interview with my prospective boss. They asked about points on my resume and then gave me lots of information about the role. I then had two follow up one-on-one interviews with academics, which were also quite informal. All interviews lasted in the range of 30-45 minutes.

Director of Orientation and Transition Programs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New School (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview/screening and in person interview. The interview panel seemed unprepared and jaded about working at the school yet happy to work with students. The position is new so there wasn't much information that they could provide about the role (e.g., who the position reports to, budget, salary, whether you'll be managing a team or not. Red flag that they weren't interested in my candidacy or were just a mess adjusting to many "new developments" at the school. Witnessed one of the interviewers coaching one of the candidates (who was wearing jeans...) as he left the interview right before I came in. Unprofessional moment, to say the least.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New School (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Met with two managers and the person who is leaving the position. They told me what the job would entail. They harped on how challenging the position is and asked me a lot of hypothetical questions.

Office Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New School (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

2-3 weeks after initially submitting my application online, I received an email from one of the Assistant Directors to come in for an interview. I meet with the Executive Director and two of the Assistant Directors in a nice conference room. The three of them switched back forth asking me 7-10 pre-written questions. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. At the end they informed me that they had a few more people to bring in and since HR can take a while to do their part I should hear back from them within 2-3 weeks or so. Unfortunately, after emailing several times to follow up, I did not receive a response back. After checking the status of my application I noticed that the status of the position had been changed to "Position Filled". Although I had a positive experience, I was a little disappointed in the way I found out that it was filled.

Interview Questions

• This office can get very busy. How would you manage a long line of students and a busy phone line?   Answer Question

Career Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New School.

Interview

Interview started late due to no one scheduling a room/office to meet. Interview lasted ten minutes and one team member abruptly walked out during the interview. Half of group did not ask questions. Director did most of the talking and questioning.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Provided my salary range. Received a counter offer and accepted.

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at New School in January 2015.

Interview

Two ladies ask every question based on looking my resume. They were looking for some communication specialists for promoting the alumni relationship. So they ask me about my social media skills. They were very nice to talk to but I was super nerves and behaved terribly.It is not about the professional skill or whether you can fit in our team. It is my psychological problem and I just need more practices I guess.

Senior Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New School (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by phone and asked to come in for an interview. I met with the director we talked a while, then she said next step will be group interview.