Cover image for New School

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

New School Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 73 of over 73 interviews

Campus Recruiting11%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New School (London, England)

Interview

***This was specifically with N Ventures*** Met with three team members for casual chats and discussion of qualifications and projects. Everything went great and I was invited to speak to one more person the following. The fourth interview was with a contractor. Early on, she said she had another client and was looking to eventually offload this job into the new hire. She also said she wanted someone who would stay on for at least a year. She then proceeded to ask me about my long-term career plans. Mind you, this is all for a 10-15 hour a week contract job. Then the interview questions came. Some of them were standard, and others were really odd and poorly aligned with the duties of the job. A week later she told the placement firm I was not a good fit for their "immediate needs." The job was then reposted for a junior role at a lower pay rate. Huh? An exceptionally qualified and experienced colleague had a very similar experience with this person a few months prior (hers was even weirder...) so this does not appear to be an isolated incident. Because of that, I was really skeptical going in, and this experience met my expectations.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a story in three sentences and make me laugh.
    Answer Question
  • Tell me how to bake a cake in four sentences.

New School

Application

I interviewed at New School

Interview

The interview process was short and straightforward. They work with a really well-run talent placement agency (at least for contract hires). I appreciated that they seemed as interested in whether I thought they were a good fit for me.

Interview Questions
  • What is your previous experience?

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,937

976 Comments

Teachers

200K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=New School~26556
Join the conversation on

New School

Application

I interviewed at New School

Interview

Long process but very informative. Interviewed with various departments and stakeholders. The process was interesting but long. Everyone I met was passionate about their work. Overall seems like a decent place to work.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

New School

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at New School

Interview

The interview process was conducted well in that it was organized and included many people. However, they refused to address salary upfront. I went through hours of interviews, only to get an offer way below my current salary. Wasted a lot of time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New School (New York, NY) in Apr 2022

Interview

The first interview was about an hour via zoom. I know that sounds daunting but everyone was very kind with well thought out questions and even when I felt like I wasn't giving my most well spoken answer, I never felt judged or misunderstood. They were happy to reword questions if necessary and generally very kind. The second interview was also via Zoom and they asked me to make a 10 minute presentation on a topic of my choosing. I liked this strategy because it was different from a regular interview and while it required some additional work it wasn't super time consuming, nor did I feel like I was giving them ideas they could then use later without crediting me.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at New School/what drew you to this intstituiton?

New School

Application

I interviewed at New School

Interview

A fluid interview that was to the point, and informative. The interview was a bit too short though and seemed a tad rushed. Overall, a pleasant experience. Communication was good.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

New School

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at New School

Interview

Applied for the job through New school hiring website, and didn't hear anything for 5 months. I was then contacted for a first round interview, a few weeks later a second interview and then was notified I received the position over the phone. The whole process was a little over 6 months long.

Interview Questions
  • Questions pertaining to my past work and thoughts about specific language that is used in the program.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at New School (New York, NY) in Aug 2021

Interview

Incredibly welcoming process. The New School is pretty quick about getting moving with the hiring process, so you can expect quick responses and communication throughout the process. Overall, a great interview and hiring process

Interview Questions
  • What are your technical abilities?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New School (New York, NY)

Interview

My interviewer was very nice. They asked me several questions about my work experience and how I would respond to specific scenarios. Towards the end of the interview, I was asked which summer classes I would prefer assisting.

Interview Questions
  • Can you recall an instance where you had to handle a difficult situation with kids in a previous job experience?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New School (New York, NY) in Apr 2021

Interview

Quite smooth, super respectful, and brief to-the-point methods. Gives enough time to think and respond while leaving enough space at the end to take questions and comments. Supervisor pays attention to different experience/s in the past.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you decide to apply? What can you bring to the table?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 73 Interviews

New School Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at New School as 73.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.51 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Senior Office Assistant and Director rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Adjunct Professor and Student Assistant roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at New School takes an average of 27 days when considering 73 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Internship had the quickest hiring process (on average 21 days), whereas Director roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 84 days).

Common stages of the interview process at New School according to 73 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 27.59%