New School Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New School Interview Questions

Interviews at New School

2.5

Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New School.

Interview

I submitted and application online, and then spoke to the selection committee through email and by phone. After speaking with various people I had to wait quite a while to find out whether I would be accepted or not.

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New School.

Interview

Tedious rounds during the interview process - but great opportunity to learn more about Res Life and to develop better interview skills. There will probably be a panel interview as the first round, then you move onto a day of simulations and group activities with other candidates, and finally a third round with the head of the department.

Interview Questions

• What are some ways you would manage conflict between two residents?   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New School.

Interview

I applied through the university career website and someone got back to me in the next week. They sent me an email and google invitation to initiate an in-person interview. We had the interview in a conference room and it wasn't stressful.

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New School (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard process. I applied online, about 2-3 weeks later, I had a phone interview. Before the in-person interview, I did a marketing assignment. During the in person interview, I met with other team members as well as the hiring manager. Prior to the interview, the manager sent me detailed information about the interview process, along with time estimates, which I found very helpful. About 2 weeks later, she followed up and told me that I didn't get the job. However, her message was very thoughtful and left me with a good impression of The New School. The follow up email was appreciated, especially since many employers don't do this anymore.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New School.

Interview

on campus hiring. I found about the open posion in a job fair. I submitted the application on line, then there was one in person interview, and I got an offer a week after.

Interview Questions

Interview

Kind and brief, managers are nice. Understanding of role as student and willingness to cooperate with school schedule. Fast interview and willing to teach about skills. Interested in proactive behavior in the work environment.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Pretty straight forward, open minded and took about an hour. Only one interview before offer. Asked about past experience and what would you like to do in the position, they look for self motivated people that can bring something different to the table.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New School.

Interview

Sent in all information and got an email within a couple of days. The interviewer asked a handful of questions about relevant experience and proceeded to share information about the position. Overall, it was a very laid back, "let's get to know each other" interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student submitted a print late and came by to ask you to rush the job? Keep in mind there is a 7-day turnaround for the job.   1 Answer

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New School (New York, NY) in July 2019.

Interview

The interview process was first determined over email as they reached out and then set up a confirmation time over the phone. On the day, the receptionist was nice because I already had a ID card to get in and didn't need to be put on a list. My interviewer took me back to their office through a corridor of identical ones and went over my resume. They asked about my background and why I'd be a good fit then they reminded me of the job duties. It was routine and cordial but the entire process from start to finish took so long that I eventually found another paying job as I was applying to in the meantime.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any conflicting time commitments or responsibilities?   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New School (New York, NY) in July 2019.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via email to set up a preliminary phone interview. I was unaware that the phone interview would be with a panel of 5 people, including the head of the department, and only found out during the interview. Despite the number of people on the other line, I was simply asked a few generic questions and not given any feedback nor did I hear any sort of reaction so it was a very odd experience. The questions were not tailored to me at all and my resume was never referenced. I found it really disrespectful, actually.