New York Community Bancorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Assistant Banking Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayside, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Community Bancorp (Bayside, NY).

Interview

Interview with manager, then regional director and the get the job. Then go on to training and get the position
    I thought the interview went week buy I didn't get the job, don't know why.

Interview Questions

• What are you qualifications for this job   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New York Community Bancorp (Newark, NJ).

Interview

apply on-line, very horrible process, had to reapply 3 times, because of their system

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Community Bancorp (Westbury, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

you will need to apply online at mynycb.com and then be called for an interview. they have several locations for their human resources department. I suggust that you dress professionally and have a copy of your resume at hand. when I was hired many years ago they were just opening their in-store locations and they tried to place you in a branch close to your home. you may be called for a 2nd interview with your intended branch manager.

Negotiation

very simple. they were very professional and answered all of my questions and offered information about the company

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Community Bancorp (Jericho, NY).

Interview

Applied and was contacted by Human Resources; scheduled a sit-down interview. Sit-down interview was a discussion of prior experience and some analytical thinking, then industry and quantitative questions. Was called initially by human resources and then by department manager to inform me that I had been hired. No real discussion about compensation, but had a letter delivered to my house later congratulating me and disclosing a modest increase in pay.

Underwriting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Community Bancorp (Cleveland, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview was not detailed at all as far as questions were concerned. The Manager basically just sat back and listened to me without offering anything to the interview. I suspected that the position was not going to be a fit for me based on this evaluation but I continued to participate in the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was happy with the offer that I received.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New York Community Bancorp.

Interview

Got called up after putting my resume online. Went for the interview and was asked a few simple questions. I was finger printed for security reasons, and after I was cleared I was offered the job. It started with 1 week of paid training.

Bank Teller Interview

Interview

quick , to the point. didn't ask too many question, basically jus asked for availability and how my experiences made me a good fit for this role. interviewer was nice

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York Community Bancorp (Solon, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Simple and Straight Forward. Customer service skills are needed. Let's you know the duties and what are the quotas. While this is a Teller position, there are incentives to cross sell bank products.

Fsa Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Community Bancorp (Cleveland, OH) in February 2010.

Interview

They were all very friendly during the interview process. Made it easy to be comfortable. First a phone interview, then in branch with regional manager and branch manager. I guess that isn't typical. Usually the regional manager isn't there, but they were short on people. I was intimidated at first when I heard her title, but it was fine. They fake being nice really well.

Interview Questions

• I truly don't remember any of the questions I was asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Fsa Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New York Community Bancorp (Westbury, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview isn't bad, standard interview questions. Know about the company, i.e. how many years its existed, what states they're in, etc. Have previous cash handling experience and sales experience, they will ask about that. Some ask you to sell them something or create a scenario. Interview process is shorter than it used to be. If you get the job you start fairly soon after hire.