New York Community Bancorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Community Bancorp Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.1

Fsa Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Community Bancorp.

Interview

Very standard interview. Basic questions about cash handling experience and prior work experience. How you would react with customers and deal with customer complaints. Your selling abilities and if you have any prior experience in sales related roles.

Interview Questions

• Cash handling experience / How to deal with customer complaints etc.   Answer Question

Property Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Community Bancorp.

Interview

Had to wait a while between interviews, but interview was pretty standard. Was told during the interview that they micro-manage and if I will be okay with that - so i guess you should appreciate their honesty

MRM Interview

Interview

The first round is Hr phone interview and the second round is manager interview. Since this is an intern position, so not difficult, just behavior questions and experience in your resume

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Community Bancorp.

Interview

Very textbook. My manager asked me to describe the role i would be filling. My manager said its more sales focused than described and making calls to business trying to sell our products. After that interview in the branch then HR called me the following week extending the offer to me

Financial Services Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at New York Community Bancorp in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their website. Branch manager called me later in the day and asked a few pre screening questions. We set up an appointment for the following day. Met with the manager and assistant manager and was told to expect a call from HR. HR called the following day with an offer.

Financial Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at New York Community Bancorp (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online in July. Got a call back from Branch Manager sometime September. She quickly asked a few pre-screening questions. We set up an interview date two weeks later. Went to the interview was told I should expect a call back soon. Another 2 weeks goes by and I got the call from HR I was hired. HR spoke about pay and if I accepted the offer. I accepted. She told me I would need to do fingerprints, and drug test. 2 days after my drug test I was called by HR saying I passed. She then told me my orientation and 2 week paid training is in October. If you fail 2 week training you get terminated. Overall the entire process has been 3 months!

Interview Questions

• Q- What are your strengths?
      Q-What is one thing you need to improve upon (weakness)
      Q- Describe yourself
      Q- Are you a team player?
      Q-Do you know anything about sales?
      Q-How would your current boss describe yourself?
      Q-Why are you leaving your current position?
      Q-What do you know about the bank?
      Q-What can you offer?   Answer Question

IT Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithtown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York Community Bancorp (Smithtown, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Politics politic politics in IT. What a waste of 2+ months of my life. If you didn't work for a certain media company on LI that recently was acquired then don't even bother. They give you false hope here and then hire their former colleagues from this media company.

IT Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commack, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at New York Community Bancorp (Commack, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

After about 3 months, 5 interviews and multiple calls from HR telling me that I am a top candidate and telling me that they were very interested in me, I was notified by email that I did not get the position. During this time I called and emailed HR to follow up and it was like pulling teeth to get a response back from them. Also, please beware of the politics in IT at NYCB. If you don't know someone in senior management who works there but another less qualified person does, they will still choose that candidate over you.

Financial Associate SOS Unit Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Community Bancorp (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied 2 months ago for FSA, got a call back to do an interview, but didn't get the job. However the asst. branch manager was nice enough to remember me and recommend that I try out for this position. Interviewed with the Regional Manager, told me I'd get an answer by the end of the week but got a job offer a couple hours later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a customer was upset and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New York Community Bancorp.

Interview

Got called up after putting my resume online. Went for the interview and was asked a few simple questions. I was finger printed for security reasons, and after I was cleared I was offered the job. It started with 1 week of paid training.