New York Community Bancorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Community Bancorp Interview Questions

Interviews at New York Community Bancorp

2.2

Interview

Process is smooth and quick. I applied online. They took phone interview and call me for personal interview right away.
    They are very friendly and explain everything well.
    I would recommend this company to every fresher.

Business Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Community Bancorp (Cleveland, OH) in November 2019.

Interview

I got interviewed by HR and the project manager over the phone. After one day, they called me for an on-site interview. It went well so. Nice people and a nice environment to work. This is the priority one from my job list since well matches my background. Only douts are that ended the interview without mentioning any details of the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Basically about my self and described what they are doing.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Community Bancorp in September 2019.

Interview

Applied online, received a call from HR. Asked about my availability to meet with branch manager. Received a call from branch manager after a week. Interview took 1 hour. Most of the questions were irrelevant to the position and did not pay attention to me most of the time.

IT Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York Community Bancorp (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

After applying online, I got an email from HR which was asking for my CV to review it with the hiring manager, and approximately one week later they called me to schedule an interview.

It was a group interview on the phone. During the interview I felt like I committed a crime and I am being interrogated. :)) The job I applied was an "entry level" Auditor position which doesn't require any experience in the ad but one of them was insisting on "US experience" on the phone that clearly I don't have it on my CV. (who knows maybe he simply didn't bother reading the ad they published)

I understand the interviewer has the right of how to conduct the interview, but some of the detailed technical questions they asked me about my previous experience was like asking a coder how they code, or asking a CEO how they manage the company on the phone. IT WAS NONSENSE. Some of the questions were ludicrous like I really can't understand asking 'what is the textbook definition of the network switch?' or "hey list me the components of a network" to an IT Auditor. I am not a network technician.

It wasn't like three people having a professional dialogue to understand if I am a right fit or what I can bring to the table; it was more like someone with hostility was trying really hard to find in which field I am incompetent.

Do I need to say there were zero behavioral questions?

I was assuming that interview will be around 30 min TOPS. After app. 35 minutes interrogation, they finally asked me if I have any question for them, but at that point I was annoyed and I thanked them/hung up.

I can't even imagine how stressful working with these people might be.

0/10.

Bank Teller Interview

Interview

quick , to the point. didn't ask too many question, basically jus asked for availability and how my experiences made me a good fit for this role. interviewer was nice

Compliance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Community Bancorp.

Interview

Slow process overall, however the multiple interviews were easy as long as you know the subject matter. Many questions seeking free advice. the entire process took approximately three weeks.

Financial Services Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Community Bancorp in February 2018.

Interview

Interview was really simple and it went really well and they told me they will get back to me within 2 weeks.
    I was hoping i might get it as the interview went really well. They didn’t call me back so i called them after 2 weeks to ask about update and manager told me they hired an internal candidate. He did say my interview was good and he will refer me to other branches. Which was nice of him

Financial Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roslyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New York Community Bancorp (Roslyn, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

I had interview with this bank, the whole process was good. they behave so nice and explain me every details about the job ,training, work hours and the environment.But the salary is around 30 k in a year .

Interview Questions

• why you are interested in working at Bank?
      tell us your experience about working with customer?
      what was your challenging at job and how you handle it   Answer Question

Fsa Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York Community Bancorp (New York, NY).

Interview

Went to 3 different branches before being hired. Hired for a position none of the branch managers understood. After 1 month waiting for orientation, two weeks of training, and two weeks working, I was moved from the BM who hired me to a hurting branch.

Interview Questions

• Do you have cash handling experience?   1 Answer

Financial Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Community Bancorp (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online. In like 2-3 weeks received an invite to schedule an in-person interview. Interview was strictly behavioral (i.e. Tell me about yourself, What do you know about NYCB, Tell me about a time where you worked in a team, etc.). Received a call within a week to start training. Training is mandatory (2 weeks of full-time hours) at a different location, after you complete the training you go back to your designated branch and commence work.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about NYCB (New York Community Bancorp)?   Answer Question