New York State Psychiatric Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 25, 2017

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at New York State Psychiatric Institute

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York State Psychiatric Institute (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call inviting me in for an interview. I met with the PI for about 15 minutes and then interviewed with the lab coordinator for about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• If you made a mistake on the job, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Staff RN I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York State Psychiatric Institute (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I was told that I would be meeting with a specific RN, and ended up being interviewed by four different charge nurses. Each was from a different floor with a different speciality. They each explained the roles of their floor. They were very kind, and open to new grads.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Psychiatric nursing?
      What are your long term goals. There were a few scenario questions.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York State Psychiatric Institute.

Interview

The Hiring Manager explained the research study background and what the research assistant's role would be. He stated that this was the initial interview and that there would be another interview with the PI on a later date if I qualified.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York State Psychiatric Institute (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

No phone interview. Invited for an in-person interview. Staff was very friendly and informative. During my first visit, I was clearly informed what my responsibilities would be. It was a pleasant experience and gave me a good first impression.

Maintenance Assistant (Casual) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York State Psychiatric Institute (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Super easy and decent, my Interviewer ask me a couple of questions and was very quick about it, since he told me it's a temporary position and he needed assistance.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York State Psychiatric Institute (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Completed a phone interview with my supervisor. Since I was an intern it took a while for the organization and my school to coordinate everything, but overall an easy process. Once I accepted the position, there was a reasonable amount of paperwork and requirements that had to be completed - including a safety orientation and getting a TB test.

Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York State Psychiatric Institute in July 2008.

Interview

Just asked questions relevant to my experience and the position being offered

Interview Questions

• How is your experience related to this field.   1 Answer