NewGround Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NewGround Interview Questions

2.8

Vice President Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NewGround (Chesterfield, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

It was extensive and thorough, but appropriate and transparent. Dennis is very good at what he does and ensured the organization was headed in the right direction by way of the talent they recruited.

Interview Questions

NewGround Response

Mar 16, 2017 – Director of Business Intiatives

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding the interview process and your experience with Dennis, our Manager of Recruiting. Welcome to the team!

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NewGround (Chesterfield, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online then corresponded with HR the next day and they set me up with a preliminary phone interview. It was more of a conversation than an interview, I was told more information on the position and asked if I was still interested (which I was). The phone call lasted about 30 minutes.

The following week I got set up with a 2 in-person interviews. One was with HR and the other was with my potential manager (both were on the same day). The total time for everything was around an hour. Again, these were more conversations (about NewGround / Adrenaline as a whole, how my role would fit into the bigger picture and getting to know me). No behavioral or scripted questions which to me was awesome. A couple days after that, I was informed that my potential manager would be traveling but when he returned we were going to have a lunch interview (sushi!). The conversation centered around the same topics as before and about a week after that I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• There were multiple candidates interviewing for this position and I think what set me apart was that I did my homework on the company, the role, etc. Be yourself!   Answer Question

Mar 16, 2017 – Director of Business Intiatives

Thank you for your glowing interview feedback. We appreciate the thorough response and the time you took highlighting the key parts of your interview. Thank you!

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NewGround (Chesterfield, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process talked about the company as a whole was very welcoming into the company. Was not like a normal interview made you feel like you belonged. They made the enviroment and the business one where anyone should want to work there.

Interview Questions

NewGround Response

Mar 16, 2017 – Director of Business Intiatives

We pride ourselves on the culture we provide at every level within our organization. We appreciate you highlighting our environment in your review. Thank you for your feedback!

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NewGround (Chesterfield, MO).

Interview

I submitted my resume to NewGround's website in response to an opening I saw via Indeed. I was immediately excited because NewGround specialized in the three areas that interested me most (architectural design, engineering, and graphics / signage). The Manager of Recruiting initially sent me an email saying that I was not selected for an interview, but upon further inquiry and a request for feedback, I addressed his concerns and was invited for an interview. My resume was very creative but not readable, and he was not aware that I resided in the area where they company is located. After redesigning my resume and addressing the location concern, I was invited to an interview. The job search has been an extensive process for me, and I have asked many companies about feedback. NewGround's manager was one of the few to provide me with concrete and constructive feedback that I could actually use. Architects like this! Communication with him from start to finish was very professional, warm, and thorough. I was given a detailed tour and history of the office and met with the Director. The Director was welcoming and thorough as well, but I could sense that he had likely made up his mind about another candidate (as I was interviewing at the very end of the process). The interview with him was brief and I found it difficult to convince him of my passion for the company (it seemed like an information session rather than an interview).

I will still most certainly apply for positions at NewGround in the future. I only hope that I am able to interview shortly after an opening has been posted rather than towards the end.

Interview Questions

• Did you bring samples of your work that you would like to discuss?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I interviewed at NewGround (Chesterfield, MO) in January 2012.

Interview

I had a total of two interviews. I asked several questions in regards to policies, work life balance, working moms, and not a single answer I got actually played out to be true once I was offered a position

Interview Questions

• none the girl that interviewed me looked like she had never interviewed anyone in her life   Answer Question

Negotiation

not hard, I told them what I needed to make since I was taking a 20,000 paycut to work for this company.