Newedge Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Newedge Interview Questions

2.9

Service Desk Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newedge (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Great company to work for, potential growth, great benefits and good pay! At least that's what I was told during the interview. I applied for this position and passed both the first and second interview process. I also passed the background and reference process. Generally, after a week or two you receive a letter or call from your potential employer letting you know your start date, etc. I waited a month to hear back from their in-house recruiter regarding my start date, but never received a call or email. I had to chase down the process; to only find out from their in-house recruiter they (Societe Cenerale) decided to make the full-time position I applied for a contract position. It get's better, the following day the same full-time position was posted on-line again as a FULL-TIME position. Lucky for me I didn't give my two weeks notice to my current employer, before assuming my position with Newedge. Possibly a good company, but lack of professionalism. New Hire(s) beware!

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newedge.

Interview

I applied online through a indeed. I got an email from HR about a week later and had the interview soon after.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were mostly behavioral, they really wanted to know what type of person I was. Am I able to admit when I've mad a mistake? Things like that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was for an internship, so no negotiation. I wanted the learning experience more than anything.

Quant Researcher Interview

Interview

I had an internal referral and my manager basically hired me without questioning.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Newedge in April 2014.

Interview

Contacted me after I applied through a career website and talked to a recruiter who set up an interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager mainly asked me about my experience with Excel, and was pretty friendly. Told me the job was challening, but they needed somebody full time for not just the summer but through December. Couldnt take it.

ESolutons Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Newedge (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

The Interview process was pretty straight-forward the questions covered the applications required to perform the tasks need to complete he job and familiarity with he different Trading Platforms and process.

Interview Questions

• To describe the process required to setup a client on the trading platform.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Newedge (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

The position was contractual at first - then became permanent shortly after. I met with the HR rep and started a few days later. The process was short and to the point. The company moved very quickly and were quite concise in choosing an assistant for the CEO.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my finance background.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate directly with the CEO and he was very generous with his offer.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newedge (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

The initial phone interview with HR was quick and to the point, and consisted of some typical phone screen questions. Following the initial phone screen, an onsite 1:1 interview was scheduled which I felt went well and lasted a little more than an hour. The final interview happened a few weeks after that and was scheduled to be with several other members of the team. The interview itself wasn’t very difficult and it also seemed to go pretty well. After several weeks went by with no feedback, it was finally communicated that the position was filled with an internal candidate.

API Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Newedge (Chicago, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

Had a couple of interviews, they went well. Didn't end up getting the job. I would apply there again in the future.

Interview Questions

• Provided a FIX log and asked me to detail everything on it. Was difficult to do from memory without my FIX analysis cheat sheets I like to use. Probably cost me the position. I've since memorized FIX specs   Answer Question

Director Compensation & Benefits Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Newedge (Chicago, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

A series of panel interviews with HR and Finance people. The finance folks were sharp...the HR folks not too.
    The org is really screwed up and after many interviews they decided to promote from within. It was obvious that the staff was overworked but also under-qualified for their positions. They were looking to bring in expertise to do the dirty work but not make the necessary changes. They made it clear that they wanted the payroll supervisor fired.

Interview Questions

• What has been your experience with managing a difficult situation?   1 Answer

Network Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Newedge (Chicago, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with the CIO / VP. Frenchman. Very nice guy. Couldn't understand him much. But he had a great philosophy. You can teach technology, you can't teach personality.

Interview Questions

• Understanding the question... very thick French accent.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My recruiter handled.. quite flexible.