NextEra Energy, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NextEra Energy, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Nov 28, 2017

2.7

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. in October 2017.

Interview

Got an email after 3 days of applying saying that I had a digital interview. Never had contact with a human, which was really weird. Never got a replied,yet in their webpage it still said "screening".

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. (Tallahassee, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

I spoke with an engineering manager at my University's engineering career fair. After a bit of conversation and after he read my resume, he gave me a note card with the exact job I was to apply for, and confirmed with me to meet on campus the next day for an interview at the Career Center. The interview itself was very laid back and my interviewer did a great job of making me feel comfortable and answering all my questions.

Interview Questions

• My interviewer asked a series of behavioral questions and asked me about my preferences regarding which city with a NextEra office I would like to live at the most. He also asked me a few questions about why I want to be an engineer and why I wanted this job in particular.   Answer Question

Service Planer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jupiter, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. (Jupiter, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

it was easy, mostly behavioral.they had an interview on campus, then I had to do an interview online and finally i had to take two separate interviews on the HQ on Jupiter. They were all behavioral.

Power Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. (Miami, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Job fair, interview following day, then 2 online interviews. Have not made it yet to next part. Next part is open house which apparently is another 2 more interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is your GPA? What makes you different from your peers?   Answer Question

Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. (Miami, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and I was selected to take the MASS exam. I was scheduled for an interview after passing the MASS exam. The interview took no longer than 20-30 minutes. They were all very nice.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. (West Palm Beach, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Started with one of those ridiculous virtual interviews. Then they scheduled an in person interview with several people in a conference room. No questions or practical test about troubleshooting circuit boards. They only gave a soldering test. Felt is was more of a personal fit for the team.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc..

Interview

Took a very long time before getting an interview. In my communications with them, they seemed disorganized. The interview was digital and I never actually spoke with anyone. Very strange interview process. Although I thought I did fine talking to myself for 12 minutes in recording my digital interview, I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• several different variations of "tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Maintenance Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. in April 2017.

Interview

I travel for work, bu they were very understanding. Initial phone interview with multiple managers, took about 25 minutes. Then went for an in person interview with two people, who went more in depth with many of the questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you view safety?   1 Answer
    • How would you prioritize maintenance needs?   1 Answer

Employee Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jupiter, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. (Jupiter, FL).

Interview

on line skype - utilized a pre formatted interview questions appeared on screen and spoke answers- did not have a face to face interview- i was asked alot of specific labor relations concepts - a bit narrowere than job description- also got no redponse from company either positive or negative

Legal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc..

Interview

The interview was interesting because they had preselected interview questions for a recorded interview through HireVue. Questions were very general and seemed more like pre-screening. I only wish there was more of a human element to the process but overall very transparent and straight forward.