NextEra Energy, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 29, 2018

2.6

Sort:

College Intern Interview

Interview

First round phone screening with HR rep, basic questions about background. He moved me through to the hiring manager at the plant I would be working at. Scheduled a phone interview with the plant manager, and was told I would hear back in a few weeks. About 3 weeks later, I got a call saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you think that a job can be completed safely in a plant no matter the condition of the job?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. (Houston, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

First they called me to interview by phone through the human resources department and then i passed that and i went on a one on one interview with two analyst and the hiring manager. they didnt offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when your skill of listening improved your ability to communicate.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone call and in person interview. They walked me through the position and asked what I was hoping to get out of the job. The employee with whom I spoke was very professional and polite.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc..

Interview

Took a very long time before getting an interview. In my communications with them, they seemed disorganized. The interview was digital and I never actually spoke with anyone. Very strange interview process. Although I thought I did fine talking to myself for 12 minutes in recording my digital interview, I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• several different variations of "tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview was casual, not too technical. Was asked what originally peaked my interest and what I would like to do with my future. Briefly asked if I had any knowledge in technical skills.

Interview Questions

• What is your familiarity with the different subsidiaries of this company?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was relaxed but did not lack formality. I was able to interview with one of the Senior VP's of the company, who is an alumnus of my university. The interviewer was very down to earth and personable. I enjoyed the interview experience and would definitely recommend to other engineers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about...(relating to previous internship experience)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. If you know about the company, and are passionate about clean, sustainable energy, you will do great. The questions were all pretty basic interview questions-- no brain teasers. I prepared by writing out answers to common interview questions, and backing them up with examples from my own experience. That worked pretty well.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc..

Interview

Very informal. Questions were not professional. The guy interviewing me was very rude and did not want to be there. I wish I wouldn't have wasted time interviewing for this company. I regret applying.

Interview Questions

• They brought up politics and solar energy and asked for my opinion on the matter.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

It wasnt difficult. You show up wearing nice clothes and speak properly about your education and previous experience then go to lunch and smile. After, it takes about 3 months to give you a call back and then after that another 2 months to follow up with an offer.

Negotiation

Easy as hell.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. (Miami, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

The hiring process began at my university with on campus recruiters conducting interviews. I was told to apply online after my interview and eventually was interviewed on the phone with the manager of the intern position I was applying for. The process was very punctual and all updates/required documentation were provided in a very timely manner.

Interview Questions

• The interview just dealt with my prior experiences (both work and school related) and educational background.   Answer Question