NextEra Energy, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2018

2.6

Data Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Juno Beach, FL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. (Juno Beach, FL).

Interview

Started moving quickly and multiple phone/video interviews. When it was time to meet in person I missed a full day of work to drive down there...

One of the interviewers didn’t show and I was standing around for over 30 minutes having no idea what was going on. The Hiring Mgr never came by when it was her time to interview me. Even though the 3 hours of interviews were in one conference room she said she didn’t want to go there and expected me to somehow find her office.

The Recruiter was as fake as they come. He was all friendly and nice until after the several weeks of interviewing when he fell off the face of the earth. Even after I sent follow-ups thanking them for the interview I got no response.

Weeks later I got a generic rejection letter...thanks for stringing me along guys and wasting my time!

Interview Questions

• How would you create a very technical, complex Solar Panel project strategy?   1 Answer

Cloud Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Juno Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. (Juno Beach, FL) in June 2018.

Interview

I found that Nextera using Hireview method for interviewing candidates does not bring forth a true reflection of our potential. I found myself concerned with the social media aspect of the interview which has nothing to do with my abilities. To be honest, this approach to interviewing potential candidates is not something that I am accustomed to seeing and I found it to be somewhat outside of the norm. When asked to video tape myself and answer questions in this manner I found it to be somewhat unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Reading scripted questions about my background and experience while trying to record my self answering these questions is not a professional way to interview a potential candidate.   1 Answer

Planning and Scheduling Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc..

Interview

Online application, Interview after about a month. The interview is online where you talk in to a camera and get one chance to record your answer. They narrow down to about 5 candidates then pick from there.

Interview Questions

• Why you want pursue the planning and scheduling internship   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc..

Interview

This was a very basic and typical" Behavioral Interview". Situation, How you dealt with the problem, What was your solution and how you handled the situation to get a positive outcome..

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation when you had a disgruntle employ...what you did to remedy the situation/   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc..

Interview

Very informal. Questions were not professional. The guy interviewing me was very rude and did not want to be there. I wish I wouldn't have wasted time interviewing for this company. I regret applying.

Interview Questions

• They brought up politics and solar energy and asked for my opinion on the matter.   Answer Question

Wind Turbine Technician III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. in March 2018.

Interview

Interview was via phone after applying thru their website job board. Got a call roughly 2 weeks later after applying from their main HQ from the Hiring manager. Had the phone interview with 4 people on the phone 1 in is me. Took about 20-25 minutes fast, but really straightforward. Though an entry-level positions they asked some technical questions and if I had ever used certain types of equipment. one person did most of talking, another asked real specific questions, and one was silent didnt ask any question(s).

Interview Questions

• What is AC and DC?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever used a torque tool, multi-meter,.. (probably daily tools for the job)   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Could you move a 50 lb object and be able to climb a tower (200ft-300ft) tall 2-3 times a day   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. in March 2018.

Interview

Very basic. 15 minute phone interview with manager and her assistant. After the phone interview I was offered the position within 2 hours. I ended up turning it down 3 times during the negation process but ultimately took the job, which was a huge mistake—-read the Glassdoor reviews!!!!

Interview Questions

• What’s one thing that you don’t like to deal with on a daily basis?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated for a much higher salary than initially offered as well as got the inclusion of a monthly incentive. I was also offered the job 3 times and turned it down before negotiating my final rate. They are desperate to fill certain roles.

Be wary, especially if the role is a contractor position. More money does not mean anything if you only work there a month!!

NOC Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. (Miami, FL) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview went great, it was schedule to last an hour but it went for over two hours. I answered all their questions better than they were ever expecting. They even said it themselves, they were blown away by my answers which were technical but business aimed as well. I was expecting a call back but it never happened, when I reached back to them two weeks after the recruiter told me the managers really wanted me but they were looking for someone with my skills, my degrees and a ccna certification (which wasn’t required in the position only preferred) months passed by and they closed the job without filling the position. My friend had a very similar experience in the IT department as well. We are convinced FPL management interviews women and minorities only to comply with the law but not really trying to hire women.

Interview Questions

• If a fpl location loses connectivity would you prefer to research the solution or consult with the team?   1 Answer
    • If you had to choose a branch of IT to dedicate yourself to which one would have been?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. in January 2018.

Interview

A recruiter e-mailed me and had set up a digital interview for me to complete after a preliminary phone call which was not really interview, just getting to know you questions

Interview Questions

• Describe any difficulties you've experienced and how did you resolve them

Tell us one of your best achievement you've ever had at work/team   Answer Question

Interview

A rolling panel of lead developers. No formal technical portion, just casual questions about which techonologies I was familiar with. More of a personality assessment. The interview was pretty casual overall.