NextEra Energy, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NextEra Energy, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc..

Interview

Took a very long time before getting an interview. In my communications with them, they seemed disorganized. The interview was digital and I never actually spoke with anyone. Very strange interview process. Although I thought I did fine talking to myself for 12 minutes in recording my digital interview, I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• several different variations of "tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Employee Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jupiter, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. (Jupiter, FL).

Interview

on line skype - utilized a pre formatted interview questions appeared on screen and spoke answers- did not have a face to face interview- i was asked alot of specific labor relations concepts - a bit narrowere than job description- also got no redponse from company either positive or negative

Legal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc..

Interview

The interview was interesting because they had preselected interview questions for a recorded interview through HireVue. Questions were very general and seemed more like pre-screening. I only wish there was more of a human element to the process but overall very transparent and straight forward.

Associate Engineer (T/S) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jupiter, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. (Jupiter, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Talked to hiring team during Engineering day then got selected for a day after interview on campus. 1 week later received an email for an online interview (Hireview). then 2 weeks later received an invitation for an open house at their site in Jupiter Fl. Open house was all day long where you get interview interview two times with 20 minutes break. 1st we were divided into two group where the first group get to do facilities tour (very helpful for the interview) while the second do interview.

Interview Questions

• not technical. all behavioral
      How do you build trust? what or how will you react to someone not following safety rules? talk about your self and so on..
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Had an on campus and digital interview, although they were separate from each other. The on campus interview was very laid back, and was with a pair of engineers. The interview was conversational. For the digital interview, behavioral questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• What is something you are proud of? What is of great importance to NextEra? What are your plans for the future? Why would you like to work with us?   Answer Question

Interview

Applied for position back in December then in January I received a email to have a video interview. About 2-3 later received phone call for phone interview. I had two onsite interviews about a month later.Standard interview questions. Interviewers were very professional but also personable. Went on tour of facility.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Why NextEra?
      What was your biggest career mistake?
      Strengths/Weaknesses?
      Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc..

Interview

-Met at school career fair
    -Had a short 15 minute on campus interview...really relaxed interview with two people that asked cookie cutter interview questions
    -Got a Hirevue online interview...multiple choice questions followed by questions that required a video answer...one about integrity and one about an unpopular decision you made
    -No further communication

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview was casual, not too technical. Was asked what originally peaked my interest and what I would like to do with my future. Briefly asked if I had any knowledge in technical skills.

Interview Questions

• What is your familiarity with the different subsidiaries of this company?   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Interview

Hiring process has been pretty straight-forward. Spoke to one of their representatives at an on-campus career fair. From there I moved on to an interview, which will be tomorrow.At the career-fair they were interested on my background. What my goals are? Tell them a bit about my past work experiences and projects.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. (Tallahassee, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I first met the recruiters at my university's career fair. They were offering day-after interviews and I received an invite.

The day-after interview was with 2 affiliates — a service planning engineering and a protection & control engineer. They were friendly and ask only behavioral questions.

I was then invited to participate in the next step of the process which was a 1-way online video recording of me answering written questions. These questions were also behavioral.

The final step of the process was an open-house with more behavioral interviews and tours around the facilities.