Nine West Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.2

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinton Falls, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nine West (Tinton Falls, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Had 2 interviews, one with the store manager and one with the district manager. The one with the store manager was very informal. The one with the district manager was more formal. Overall it was an easy process.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an associate who is under-performing?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Nine West (New York, NY).

Interview

Generic 1st interview, questions were read from a piece of paper. 2nd interview was a group interview that no one showed up for but me. So I basically got the job.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nine West (New York, NY).

Interview

Hiring and interview process was easy. If you have confidence you can make it. Must dress to impress. They love for you to LOVE FASHION !! It's a must

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nine West.

Interview

Nice and friendly. Enjoyed speaking with the staff and how well everyone got along. Asked basic questions about experience and what my goals were. Told me about the company and the expectation of the job

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nine West (Woodbridge, VA).

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. It was a group interview of 3 people and basic questions were asked such as previous job experience, why you want to work there, and what you hope to achieve. The manager who interviewed us was very nice and commented on everything we said.

Assistant Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nine West (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

lengthy, no clarity on the role's requirement, multiple rounds with no one having clarity on what to ask or why this position was created. There were no technical questions asked and interview was very broad.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nine West (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed several times before offer was extended. It was not a smooth process and I really wasn't impressed with the questions that the interviewers were asking and they weren't well versed in answering my questions. The company is going through transition right now and are not stable. I would be very cautious with making a move there.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nine West (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was extremely laid back, and I got a call back a few days after to let me know I got the position! The manager that interviewed me was a little inexperienced, I think that's why it was so laid back! As long as you have prior retail experience you shouldn't have a hard time getting into the company!

Interview Questions

• If I had experience in selling shoes   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nine West (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2015.

Interview

I walked in and asked if they were hiring. One of the associates had me write down my name and phone number. She told me they would give me a call for a phone screening. The next morning, I got a call asking why I wanted the job. The woman on the phone told me she would call me later that day or the next day to schedule an interview. I got a call the next morning and got an interview scheduled 3 days later. When I went in for the interview, I waited a bit because it was a group interview. It wasn't intimidating at all, very calm atmosphere. At the end of the interview, she told us she would call us by the end of the week to let us know if she was interested. The next day I got a call and was offered the job!

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Name a time we had a difficulty with a customer and how we dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you were given bad customer service and how you would have dealt with it if you were in opposite positions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nine West (Houston, TX).

Interview

A lot of questions to get to know me, easy to talk to interviewer, had to be careful of what to say because they evaluated everything about you, being a teenager and being inexperience most likely prevented me from getting the job