Nine West Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinton Falls, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nine West (Tinton Falls, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Had 2 interviews, one with the store manager and one with the district manager. The one with the store manager was very informal. The one with the district manager was more formal. Overall it was an easy process.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an associate who is under-performing?   1 Answer

SSA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nine West in September 2013.

Interview

The process was extremely easy. Called me and then asked me to come in person to an interview with the SM. Was there for probably 10 minutes and offered a position the next day.

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guam, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nine West (Guam, MO) in August 2014.

Interview

very fast and straight forward, manager took me in the back and asked me questions on a one to one basis. Depending on who you get my interviewer was nice and user friendly

Interview Questions

• how did you figure out a problem and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nine West (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process was thorough; phone interview with the recruiter, in-person with HR, then in-person with the department supervisor. Each interview lasted between 45-60 minutes. I felt that we got to know each other quite well on a professional level. The questions were a mix of general interview questions that pertain to your work experience, your hobbies and interests, and more specific questions about knowledge of the retail industry and my thoughts and opinions about such matters.

Assistant Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Nine West.

Interview

Just one interview- quick and easy. The design VP was extremely open and very welcoming, she liked me right away. I knew people from previous internships to get connected, as well as knowing higher up people in Human Resources. If it were not for meeting the VP in person I probably would not have gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• She gave me a test in our first interview and I was surprised and not prepared!   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotation

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nine West in August 2009.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was fast and easy. The store was left with no staff after the entire previous staff was fired for theft. I was hired on the spot after turning in my application. I was hired as a full time key holder with only a few months of retail experience.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us how your previous experience will qualify you for this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nine West (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I went into a store and handed in my resume, and was then directed to the website to complete and application. Had an interview with a manager, then a second interview with a DSM. The DSM interview was slightly informal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. I was told what I would be making.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Nine West (New York, NY).

Interview

Generic 1st interview, questions were read from a piece of paper. 2nd interview was a group interview that no one showed up for but me. So I basically got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nine West (Commerce, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

It was fairly easy simple items pertaining to retail. Customer service? Leadership skills? How to manage employees ? Project business numbers? Loss prevention? Someone with retail management experience could answer their interview, but it is a fast pace environment so you must be able to preform what is asked.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw someone stealing ?   Answer Question
    • If you entered a room full of people you didn't know what would you do?   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nine West (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Submitted my application to the DMM, (she had previously tried to recruit me and gave me her card) Was called 2 days later to set up interview time. Met in Cafe across from hiring store and interview in there. Different, and a bit distracting but otherwise your average interview and questions.

Interview Questions

• How have you pursued leadership roles in your last position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

When asked what my preferred rate would be I gave my goal (above my current) and she was able to meet it.