Nintendo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nintendo (Redmond, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through employee reference.Got HR call to discuss on the job front.
    Got scheduled for the phone technical screen.
    Next was onsite interview process. The process lasted 4-5hrs. The hiring manager was the last person to talk to.Still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not very difficult.Had prepared more on the testing part as it was testing position.   Answer Question

Retail Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nintendo (Orlando, FL) in July 2012.

Interview

Phone response asking if you're still interested in the position. If so, you're setup for a phone interview. My callback was about ten days after I applied online for the position. Once I said I was still interested, [Wednesday], the phone interview was setup for the following Monday. Due to a "scheduling error", they had not called but called later and apologized and rescheduled for the following morning.

Interview Questions

• They ask why you left all of your jobs on your resume.   1 Answer
    • How has previous work you've done relate to work in this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nintendo (Kirkland, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

when i went to the interview I bring my Social security card or my passport to go interview. the Nintendo in Kirkland give me a multiple choice quiz for the interview. I just choose the answer for the question on the quiz when i went to the interview. the manager did not ask me about my work history and my skill. The manager did not ask to show my work sample website link. history.The manager told me that i pass the quiz.

Interview Questions

• the company did not ask any question. The company only want to pass the multiple choice quiz for the interview then i just get to work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

yes, the negotiation phase like is I have to put sticker on the Nintendo wii box.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nintendo (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

Very quick. A 1:1 interview of stock questions. Asked knowledge of video games, obviously specifically nintendo. After you get an offer and accept, you must take a drug test immediately after uptown. It was surprising but I had nothing to hide. I have had nintendo since I was a kid so I was an expert on all of this- I knew I'd get the job because I'm the exact person they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Since you've never had a job before, how do you feel having this as your first?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. You can be up for 6 mo eval though. However you need to be an actual employee of Nintendo. I was just an associate working from another company who scouts for people. I forget the company name. However, you do get interviewed by nintendo management.

Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nintendo (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)).

Interview

30 min interview. There was a grammar test and a short chat with questions about previous jobs, what a tester does daily, talk about the company, your future in 5 years, flexiblity.

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nintendo (Madrid (Spain)) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a third party agency and I didn't know what company I was applying for. I passed the first interview and only after that they told me that Nintendo wanted to meet me. The interview went pretty bad in my point of view. I was a bit late, all sweaty because I went by bike and I wasn't expecting many climbs to get there. As you can imagine, I was nervous and upset about the whole situation but I smiled on the outside. The interview was managed by 3 people, the customer care manager, the store's care manager and the human resources manager. They asked me a lot of questions, I told them my previous experiences like it was a story, the worst phone calls I had and how it was solved. I didn't prepare this but it just came out and I actually gave them a lot of detail. They made me some language exams, oral and written. After the interview, they joined me to the last exit. I think they wanted to check if I truly arrived on a bike hahah

Interview Questions

• Tell us a concrete experience you had dealing with a customer on the phone   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nintendo.

Interview

It was a long interview in the sense that it took 4 interviews to get in (with the direct supervisor, then the manager of the supervisor, the marketing director and finally the VP). Expect a skills test. The whole thing lasts about a month. Have examples to share about marketing practices.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy, the recruiter got me the highest salary.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nintendo in February 2010.

Interview

Applied through Monster.ca, got a call after three weeks, with a preliminary phone interview.

Landed an interview after two weeks, which took approximately 40 mins with basic formal interview questions