Nor1 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nor1 Interview Questions

2.5

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nor1 (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Pretty normal interview process. First, I spoke with the human resources manager on the phone and then was asked to interview in person with a few people. I met with the hiring manager who I would report directly to, a couple of VP level people that were in the office and a person who was at manager level. So there was a good span of people and you get a good perspective from different people.

Interview Questions

• Pretty normal interview process. Talked about position, what is expected and my previous jobs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you wait it out, you can get closer to salary you want and deserve. Otherwise, be prepared to take what they give you which will be very, very low.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nor1 (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Not much of an interview process, it was mainly handled by the HR rep. She asked me questions about the company (glad I studied that first) and mainly went over my past experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you flexible with the fact that there may not be much structure to the job as you've had in previous positions? Structured training was supplied.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nor1 (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

1. Phone interview with a senior engineer consisting of a live coding session and technical questions. The interviewer asked only computer science theory questions and the coding challenges were a mix of moderate PHP and SQL. The interviewer disagreed with my implementation of a singleton when my implementation was the textbook way of doing it.

2. Phone interview with the VP of engineering consisting of a live coding session and technical questions. Was asked computer science theory questions and the coding challenges were all "gotcha" type scenarios. One of the PHP challenges he couldn't complete himself, and one SQL challenge had an impractical solution.

3. Nearly a full day of on-site interviews.
    Met with the same people as above and 5 others. I realized the culture probably wasn't a good fit for me, but otherwise it was mostly pleasant and a couple people had some really fun and challenging questions.

4. Phone interview with the VP of engineering again to discuss the possibility of interviewing instead for a Devops position.

5. Phone interview for Devops position. Turned out the position was mainly operations and not a good fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about detecting a loop in a linked list in the most efficient way possible? Can you do better than N^2? Can you do better than log N?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about sorting an array of a billion 0's and 1's in the most efficient way possible?   Answer Question
    • What is the efficiency of a binary sort?   Answer Question
    • What is a factory?   Answer Question
    • Explain and diagram MVC.   Answer Question

Account Revenue Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nor1 (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Be familiar with commonly used hotel industry terminologies and be familiar with upsell. I went through a phone screen, 2 group interviews and had the pleasure of interviewing with the CEO.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to be introspective with a sample of their internal reporting. Very challenging right off the bat if you don't understand their business concept.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Their salaries are very competitive with the indudstry, even for a small company.