Nor1 Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"fond memories at Nor1"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Nor1 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

team spirit, always a meeting of the minds to be had.
    flexible hours, able to take care of my life while still being productive and trusted to get work done.
    competitive salary - consistent raises throughout tenure
    sweet coworkers, free birthday cake on a monthly basis
    CEO is always involved though a bit mysterious! he is a great person and held monthly meetings with the ENTIRE company for transparency
    open office space meaning no confining cubicles and no "hierarchy" either

Cons

traffic.... but i started leaving early and this wasn't really a con after that.

"Forward thinking in every way"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Nor1 part-time

Pros

Great learning experience for those wanting a start in tech or to have a lifelong career at Nor1..... there is a LOT of employee retention here

Cons

Not much cons to share here. I do wish I could work more as I am currently part time and working two jobs including at Nor1 but this may change in the near future

Advice to Management

kudos to Jason!

"Making Strides"

I have been working at Nor1 full-time

Pros

The team. Nor1 has a great team full of employees who genuinely care about the company and the work that they are doing as well as each other. It's a nice tight knit team.
    They offer some great benefits including free lunch three days a week, medical and dental benefits, they celebrate the birthdays each month as a team, and they host potlucks, catered lunches/breakfast, as well as other events from time to time.
    The company has also made huge strides in obtaining its goals. Every part of the company is aligned on one goal and is taking steps to make it happen. It is nice to work in a company where leadership is open about the company goals and that they keep everyone on the same page to make a cohesive company.
    Lastly, there is opportunity to grow within Nor1. We have had many individuals gain experience here and be able to transition into other roles as well as other departments! You do not have to worry about being "stuck" in one role for the duration of your time at Nor1.

Cons

So this "con" really depends on what is important to you. If money and stock options are what make you passionate about your job, then Nor1 may not be the place for you. If you care about having a solid team with some added perks and aligned goals, then Nor1 is perfect!
    Many people are not fond of the salaries that Nor1 can provide. While Nor1 is located in the Silicon Valley, they are not (yet) a tech giant. But, I think they try to make up for this with some additional perks.

"Hidden gem tech company in Silicon Valley"

Former Employee - Integration Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Integration Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Nor1 full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

* As a tech company veteran for over two decades I really enjoyed working at Nor1 - I was recruited from another agency and am really glad that I made the switch to Nor1
    *I looked forward coming into work most if not all days and felt comfortable being honest and realistic with my superiors when it came to difference of opinions without fear of retaliation
    *Coworkers are supremely nice, the environment is laid-back without being sluggish and the workload is moderate to fair without being suffocating, which is a big deal for anyone familiar with tech as the workload can get divvied up unfairly in other cases at other companies and make you feel like you're drowning
    *Reasonable expectations and go-with-the-flow mentality in management, they stay out of your hair if you're doing what you were hired to do and they gently nudge you back on track if you deviate from your JD and daily responsibilitys
    *Free lunch I can never complain about, I've seen other anonymous employees bring this up and its really a great perk as my previous and former employers do NOT offer this and it really adds up to a savings in $$ spent on food
    **Personal favorite is the fully-stocked in-office kitchen full of snacks like RKT, gummy bears, chips, trail mix, granola bars, and all the drinks possible to keep you sated during the day. I miss this perk but my wife thinks i probably put on too much weight enjoying these things :(

Cons

*No cons that i can think of that are glaring errors. Management is consistently stepping up to the plate and takes care of the employees who take care of the clients in a very symbiotic way

"Proactively Active"

I have been working at Nor1 part-time

Pros

Fortunate to say I work with a tight knit team of brilliant employees that all share in creating what makes up a very unique and cool proprietary product
    Watch the show "Silicon Valley" - this place is the complete opposite of Pied Piper.
    Every decision is carefully thought through and analyzed from every angle until all parties involved are satisfied, so no crazy unplanned acquisitions or management overhauls will be happening. JOB SECURITY is so important in the Bay Area.
    And there is no Ehrlich Bachmann or Bighead-type employees here that either steamroll others or slack off. Everyone is actually talented and well-versed in their roles and departments, which makes this machine work smoothly

Cons

The structural changes that this company underwent over 3 years ago were absolutely beneficial (and completely acceptable as part of a start-up company's lifecycle) but not everyone agrees on this point. I've found that this decision really cleared out a lot of confusion, extra weight, and streamlined our process and product in a way that hadn't been done before.

"Yeah, the most important company you've never heard of!"

I have been working at Nor1 full-time

Pros

Product team is solid and we have killer talent on our IT front
    Easy to work with coworkers; everyone wants to help
    Environment is inspiring and positive to be in
    CEO isnt pretentious or overbearing, actually he's very supportive and transparent with us all

Cons

5 word minimum (no cons other than the free food = weight gain problem pointed out)

Advice to Management

Richard Branson - "take care of your employees, and they will take care of your customers tenfold"

"Thoughtful community and motivated team"

Current Employee - UI Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - UI Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Nor1 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Turnaround rate is pretty low. People that get hired tend to stay at minimum 2-3 years if not longer which is a good indicator that they enjoy their jobs and find a purpose to it, myself included.
    Atmosphere is pleasant and time flies by when we are all in crunch-mode. There is definitely a collaborative spirit here.

Cons

Less free food :(
    I am gaining weight and my wife is not happy about this.

"Best Decision I've Made..."

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Nor1 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

...was accepting a position here!
    Quality of life and work/life balance are unbeatable
    You can tell everyone is happy to be here and feel like you are heard/making an impact
    Sense of importance and trust in your ability to perform

Cons

5 word minimum - none at all.

Advice to Management

Thanks to Art and Jason!

"Great environment"

I worked at Nor1 full-time

Pros

Great people who are warm and very team oriented.

Cons

The hospitality industry is very slow and archaic in how they do business so it takes more time than it should to adopt new ways of doing business.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Awesome work experience"

I worked at Nor1 full-time

Pros

Challenging work
    great and friendly team

Cons

not any cons really to share

Advice to Management

its a great company