Nortek Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nortek Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2017

2.3

Mechanical Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nortek.

Interview

They called me in. I met with the manager and had a very casual interview. They asked behavioral questions. They were most interested in how I managed under stress. They emphasized that it would take at least 6 months before you were a profitable employee.

Director Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Nortek (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Very professional. Hiring team is located in MN, position was to be in OK. Excellent communication with respect to process and next steps. I did not get the job but enjoyed meeting the Nortek team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about our company and its products?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nortek.

Interview

The interview process was pretty painless. There were multiple interviews in one day. Staff was very friendly and felt welcome right away. Along with interview a tour of the facility was given.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nortek (Carlsbad, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter, separate phone screens with two managers, and a group phone interview with several software engineers. Recruiter asked the usual: salary requirements, availability, etc. The managers asked questions related to job fit and described the company well. They also asked 1 basic programming question each. The engineers asked a fairly simple set of C++ programming questions utilizing C++ STL vector type with subsequent discussion around algorithm complexity, memory management, and multithreading. The interviews all utilized collabedit for coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Using C code write a routine to find a 32 bit frame start sequence in a raw byte stream buffer.   2 Answers
    • Using C++ code, write a linked list insertion method.   1 Answer
    • Using C++ code, write a function to calculate the sum of a vector of integers using N threads in parallel.   1 Answer

Human Resources Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nortek.

Interview

I was contacted via email by a member of the Nortek Talent Acquisition Team and was asked if I was interested in scheduling a time to have a phone interview. I responded back immediately and a day before the phone interview was to be held, the recruiter emailed back to say something came up and she would have to reschedule. I contacted this recruiter several times to reschedule and coordinate another time and never received a response back.

Talent Acquisition is the face to the external job seeker community and I was very disappointed in my experience. While I understand that things come up and meetings have to be rescheduled, at a very minimum, a recruiter should respond back to a candidate and not ignore them. I find this behavior very unprofessional and fails to leave a good experience with a candidate.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nortek (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

first emailed me to set an phone interview. he called and talked about the company and the position. then asked some questions . waiting for in site interview

Interview Questions

• - about my programing skills
      - about the job positions I listed in resume.
      - about my strength
      - about my dream position
      - personal or team work   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nortek (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

There were two interviewers. They grilled me on my resume. They also asked a lot about how my experience is similar to the job posting and what interested me in the company and the work. They also spoke quite a bit about their company and the company culture. They have taco thursdays with free food which I liked.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nortek in November 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with 4 possible colleagues and 2 supervisors for 2 1/2 hours. It was obvious none of them had a clue how to interview. The HR person was a joke.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nortek (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

Super chill, I just talked with one of the lead engineers and someone from HR. I talked to them at the campus career fair, and they took about three months to get back to me. I wasn't surprised because it's a small company, so they don't necessarily know if they'll have positions until much later than some other companies.

Interview Questions

• They asked me typical personality typing questions, like what you do when you're confronted with a difficult person or challenge, greatest strength, greatest weakness, etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nortek (O'Fallon, MO) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 people within a department.
    Questions were fairly general that gives away your ambition, personality, and basic skill set as an employee.
    Was contacted by HR to come in for a group panel, got the job the next day after interview.