North Carolina State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Community Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

It will be basic Behavioral Interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted a few weeks later for an interview. Interview went well, mainly asked questions about previous experience and personality questions. Got the job on the spot after the interview.

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was very professional, yet comfortable. Ithe flowed more as a conversation than an interview as we discussed research and career goals and what the specific position would mean in the terms of experience. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and the interviewer got back to me as quickly as possible. Overall, very professional.

Interview Questions

• Do you plan on attending a PhD program in the future.   1 Answer

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

First, few tech questions in theory are asked; it's like a professional background check; the questions are basic but a little bit hard. Then, ask experience in details, mainly on research interest and courses taken. Finally, a small test, which is more like a quiz. The decision of hiring is made very quickly.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Was very Quick process in the beginning after my initial in person interview there was a couple weeks lapse before I heard anything back regarding the position. I was then contacted for the position in which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How to handle Difficult Clients?   1 Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with several department heads all were in the room together, all taking turns asking questions. Then there was a tour and I sat with a seasoned client service representative to get a feel of the position.

Interview Questions

• What is a weakness of yours?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

There was a programming interview in CSS, HTML and python. I had to write code on paper. The test should be easy to everyone who is comfortable working with front end frameworks.

Interview Questions

• How would you modify the layout to look like this?
      Basic questions in python and HTML   Answer Question

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview

Asking me the team work, and aptitude, and enthusiasm. And I heard back from them 4 days later. It was an easy going interview no pressure and they treat you well

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

The first step was a phone screening with 2 members of the search committee. Then there was an in-person interview. It was a full day interview that included meeting 6 groups of people - a total of 27 people. It was valuable to meet a lot of stakeholders and I was asked questions from a lot of perspectives.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What is your proudest accomplishment?
      Describe a time when you had a conflict.
      Why are you interested in this position?
      Why are you interested in this organization?
      How would you approach managing technologies with which you are not experienced?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

Two phone interviews were taken back to back with 15 minutes break , each of 45 minutes. In the first interview the interviewer asked me about my projects then he talked about the storage and filesystems and finally a coding question. In the second interview I was asked about concepts of OOP, basic questions on operating systems and networks, a coding question and finally a Object oriented design question.
    Gave my interview on Monday and received an offer on friday.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected as such, they asked me about OOD of hotel reservation system.   1 Answer