North Carolina State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.6

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job the last week of June. I went on an interview in July. It is now August and no one has reached out about whether or not I will be offered the position but at this point I seriously doubt it. The main issue I have is that they pre-checked my references. This is the first time that this has ever happened to me and it put me in a very awkward position with my current supervisor. Then after my interview they re-advertised the job and didn't bother to let the people who'd been interviewed know that they were no longer under consideration. I think the combination of pre-checking my references and then not having anyone reach out and just let me know I wasn't being considered any longer when the department re-advertised the position (after I'd interviewed) was unprofessional and rather inconsiderate. I totally understand that you don't get an offer for everything that you interview for but lack of communication is unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Reference check question: Where does she sit?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview

No interview, I got TA position when I got accepted to the program. Beside GRE results, I had to submit motivation letter and resume. The letter showed why I am the perfect fit, how will I contribute from the program and how will the program contribute from me.

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was very professional, yet comfortable. Ithe flowed more as a conversation than an interview as we discussed research and career goals and what the specific position would mean in the terms of experience. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and the interviewer got back to me as quickly as possible. Overall, very professional.

Interview Questions

• Do you plan on attending a PhD program in the future.   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

I just went through a normal in-person interview with my PI to figure out how we can be mutually beneficial to each other. We discussed how my background, which was completely different than the program I was applying into, can help me succeed in the current role.

Interview Questions

• What is your long term goal?   1 Answer

Extension Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview focused on questions that were listed when I applied on the NCSU page. I had my interview with lead investigator and two staff. Interview involved a presentation and then follow-up questions. It lasted a little over an hour. I was given a job offer a month or so later. It took quite a while to hear from them initially.

Interview Questions

• Same questions as online when you apply.   1 Answer

Interview

Simple, questions were the expected ones. People was friendly and to the point. Good description of the job.

First interview was by phone followed by an in-person interview. The in person interview was on a panel format including all members of the program. Each of them had a chance to make a question.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to match your experience with this position?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

The interviewer started with basic questions, for eg courses taken in the semester. Then i was asked basic conceptual questions of electrical engineering, as basic as resistance, capacitance, magnetic and electrical fields concepts. I was asked to explain my past work projects and current study projects. Interview lasted 45 minutes and was an good overall experience for me.

Interview Questions

• The questions was regarding one of the concepts on my final year bachelors projects. It was about magnetic field density concept question, which was perplexing and which I didn't expect.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

It was Ok, relaxing. It lasted for about an hour. There were several questions asked by the PI, and explanations about the ongoing project. After, I was offered the job, and the we discussed about a possible collaboration with other groups.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Was very Quick process in the beginning after my initial in person interview there was a couple weeks lapse before I heard anything back regarding the position. I was then contacted for the position in which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How to handle Difficult Clients?   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview

There was no interview. I am simply writing this because I want to look at the reviews for other jobs on this site. You start out making like 8.50 and if you do enough of the training hours and tutor for enough hours, then you can make more. It tops out at around 11.50 or something like that. I quit because it's not all that great and can be frustrating.