North Carolina State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.6

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was very professional, yet comfortable. Ithe flowed more as a conversation than an interview as we discussed research and career goals and what the specific position would mean in the terms of experience. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and the interviewer got back to me as quickly as possible. Overall, very professional.

Interview Questions

• Do you plan on attending a PhD program in the future.   1 Answer

Research Specialist Interview

Interview

Simple, questions were the expected ones. People was friendly and to the point. Good description of the job.

First interview was by phone followed by an in-person interview. The in person interview was on a panel format including all members of the program. Each of them had a chance to make a question.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to match your experience with this position?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

The interviewer started with basic questions, for eg courses taken in the semester. Then i was asked basic conceptual questions of electrical engineering, as basic as resistance, capacitance, magnetic and electrical fields concepts. I was asked to explain my past work projects and current study projects. Interview lasted 45 minutes and was an good overall experience for me.

Interview Questions

• The questions was regarding one of the concepts on my final year bachelors projects. It was about magnetic field density concept question, which was perplexing and which I didn't expect.   Answer Question

NC State OIT Help Desk Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

A fairly simple interview process was utilized: one consisting of an entirely online question and answer portion and another being a face-to-face interview. There was numerous appeals to NC State technology services throughout the majority of the interview, as well as efforts to figure out interpersonal skills.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview

There was no interview. I am simply writing this because I want to look at the reviews for other jobs on this site. You start out making like 8.50 and if you do enough of the training hours and tutor for enough hours, then you can make more. It tops out at around 11.50 or something like that. I quit because it's not all that great and can be frustrating.

MBA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

First you have to take the GMAT. If you can, get it waved (check out the website for details) because it really speeds up the whole process. When filling out your application, make sure you carefully craft your essays, personal statements, and letter recommendations. These things really matter. Do your homework. After you submit the application, wait a month until they ask you to interview. It can be in person or online. It took 30 min. They asked 10 questions and allowed me to ask questions as well.

Interview Questions

Decided to pursue a different job.

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

The first step was a phone screening with 2 members of the search committee. Then there was an in-person interview. It was a full day interview that included meeting 6 groups of people - a total of 27 people. It was valuable to meet a lot of stakeholders and I was asked questions from a lot of perspectives.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What is your proudest accomplishment?
      Describe a time when you had a conflict.
      Why are you interested in this position?
      Why are you interested in this organization?
      How would you approach managing technologies with which you are not experienced?
      Answer Question

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview

Asking me the team work, and aptitude, and enthusiasm. And I heard back from them 4 days later. It was an easy going interview no pressure and they treat you well

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview

There is no formal interview, but you need to get good grades from the professor you want to work with. He/she will give you a small amount of work and expect you do that. You must be eager to learn about his/her research field and show that you will be available to work for long period of time (a few semesters or years). If you have already had a publication at the same or related field, it is a big plus. However, this all highly depends on the professor, how many students he/she has and his/her funding.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve this algorithm? (his existing research work)   Answer Question

Resident Mentor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at North Carolina State University in January 2016.

Interview

The hiring and interview process aren't too bad. The questions are basic and try to learn about your dealings with leadership in the residence halls. It seems to mainly serve to get you acquainted with interviews—most applicants get an interview regardless of how good their initial interviews were.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you showed leadership in your residence hall.   Answer Question