NorthPoint Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NorthPoint Solutions Interview Questions

3.1

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NorthPoint Solutions.

Interview

I had spoken to a hiring manager few times before this. The process was simple, some called me and spoke to me for over 45 mins.

After that I went in 4 times to meet different members of the team, wasn't asked anything specific. Wanted to know how I think. Everyone was pleasant to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Was asked a question on which they were working on (about threading)   Answer Question

Personal reasons

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NorthPoint Solutions (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

Initially a phone interview with the recruiting director, followed by 2 separate in-person interviews with Managing Partners. The managing partners were great. I also met with one of the senior members in Boston. At this point, I could really envision myself working here. The final step was a trip to New York to meet with the team

Interview Questions

• There really were no unexpected questions, the in-person interviewers do not work off of resumes   Answer Question

The most difficult thing about Northpoint is the fact that there is a very large disconnect between recruiting and the partners. The partners will say one thing, and the recruiter will do the exact opposite. If possible, I would find any possible way to avoid the recruiting director (His name is Ian). He is extremely transactional and does not build a relationship with the candidates that would eventually be working for him. The disconnects that I discovered ranged from branding of Northpoint to failing to discuss and prepare candidates for what would be required during the interview process. If Ian were not involved, it would be a great company to work for.

PHP Drupal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NorthPoint Solutions (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I met with a chain of increasingly high ranking people for technical interviews. This took place over 2 separate days within a week. Each was technically knowledgable, and asked reasonable questions to gauge actual experience. I was stumped by some of the more advanced Drupal specific questions, although it was the kind of thing you would figure out after a week of working with Drupal 8. In the end the lack of Drupal 8 knowledge kept my offer from being competitive with my other options.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NorthPoint Solutions (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Went through a couple rounds of interviews - some of which were somewhat challenging. Definitely had some questions that I didn't know, but the interviewers gave the answers after each question I didn't know - so, overall, it was a learning experience along with the interview.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NorthPoint Solutions (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

Initial HR screen on phone, followed by a Take-Home technical test. The technical test was challenging but not very hard. This was followed by a phone interview which was mostly technical and resume related.
    This was followed by an in-person interview. I went to their office near on Atlantic Avenue. I was supposed to meet a gentleman for the interview but he was double booked and didn't conduct the interview. Instead another gentleman conducted the interview which was more of a casual discussion about resume and work history.
    He told me that he will have me come in again for another round of interview. Never heard back from them. I followed up with the HR who did my initial screen but she never came back.

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to System design, primarily content management systems. Few basic questions on technologies I had worked in the past.   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NorthPoint Solutions in September 2013.

Interview

There was literally no feedback from this employer... It is a smaller company and without negotiating the band of salary i recommend not to interview with these guys. It is a waste of time. They will state that they will negotiate the salary only after the interview. Don't get into that loop and waste your time

Interview Questions

• What will happen when session gets invalidated?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NorthPoint Solutions (New York, NY).

Interview

My friend referred me, first round face to face interview was simple. He was just going on what I did and what I would do with a given situation, I did well and I found he liked me. But they were trying to use my situation and were giving 25K lesser than what I make now.

They were trying to give me 25K less than what I make currently :O Are you kidding me.

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NorthPoint Solutions (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Hurried interviews with different people followed by absolutely no feedback or communication. In-house HR/recruiter seemed helpful but then drops you like a bad habit when done with you. Pros: 1) Projects seemed interesting, if a bit low-tech. 2) (Seemingly) good opportunities for advancement. Cons: 1) No office, you move assignment to assignment with avg 3-6 month durations. 2) technologies and methodologies are a bit on the lowtech side. 3) Big con: As with many development sweatshops, their self-perception as brilliant is larger than the reality. Interviews should be 2-way processes and they make it very much a 1-way thing.

Interview Questions

• None. The questions were good, "how would you solve this problem" type questions meant to gauge your thought process. How would you index these multiple flat files to improve search, how would you improve these web service calls, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NorthPoint Solutions (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with the President. Nice guy and I thought we hit it off over the phone.
    He requested that I come in and meet with the Sales Manager. The recruiter warned me, she was young and Northpoint was her only job out of college. Ok, young, but maybe open minded. I have 10+ years of sales experience
    She was 12. I then met with the Pres again. One of my questions was regarding the commission structure. I received a vague answer from him. I then was informed by the recruiter that he was turned off by my question, and thought it was inappropriate. Hello, sales? What sales person would not ask about the commission structure. I told a previous manager and he was shocked. Don't you want motivated and hungry sales people? Not for me.

Interview Questions

• Explain the sales cycle in your previous job and how you went about prospects   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NorthPoint Solutions in May 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with two consultants and one project manager. The project manager interview was done on a second day. The two consultants asked if I worked with specific technologies - i.e. Maven and Ant, and each consultant gave me a trivial coding problem. One was figuring out how to swap items in an array. The other is a little more difficult to put into words but it involved using print recursively, it wasn't anything too tricky though.

The interview with the project manager was pretty extreme. They expect consultants to be keeping up with technologies outside of work by reading books and blogs. The guy asked what blogs I've read recently, books I've read, and to explain to him about what you read last. He wanted me to apply something I learned from a book to a past project. He asked about productivity tools I used including which text editor I prefer. He also asked to explain the business processes at my last job. Asked about final, finally and finalize in Java and which version of Java I used previously.

Interview Questions

• Explain final, finalize and finally in Java.   Answer Question
    • How would you apply [something specific learned from a book] to a previous project?   Answer Question