Northeastern University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.6

Creative Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northeastern University (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

After passing the initial phone interview, which seems pretty standard these days, I was invited in for an in-person. Wow, it was long! I was scheduled to meet with approximately 7 people, but because the hiring manager was late, the whole interview shifted out and some weren't able to make it. It was a long time sitting and interviewing with one after the next, one on one. All were extremely nice, and very thoughtful about their questions. I sent a thank you card (via snail mail) as well as an email to follow-up afterward. Unfortunately, I never heard anything back from anyone.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northeastern University (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a very quick interview. I met with hiring manager, a professor and another admin. It was more a conversation interview, other than just asking me questions, which i liked the most

International Student Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northeastern University (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two interviews - one phone interview and one Skype interview. They lasted 30-45 minutes. They asked questions about my interest in Northeastern and previous experience dealing with students overseas since the position was based in London.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing that you are most proud of on your resume?   Answer Question

Development Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Northeastern University.

Interview

I met with four people. One of the four - my third interview - was so rude and unprofessional to me I almost walked out. This individual clearly had expectations for the role that were not reflected in the position as advertised and I did not meet those expectations. I was really thrown by that one. Everyone else was really nice.

Proctor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northeastern University (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online followed by a screening through an exam finally training on site. No previous experience required and the whole process is not lengthy at all. All the very best !

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northeastern University (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

not too hard and just talk with the employer. He asked several questions about experience and education background. It maybe just take around 1 hours. But the meeting is easy and happy.

Disability Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northeastern University.

Interview

Very casual, great interviewer, very personable. Completely ignored me once I left. I contacted multiple times and the person did not even have the courtesy or courage to deny my application/interview. If you are not going to give someone a job it is the least you could do to tell them.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northeastern University (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied in May of 2016, got an email mid June from a person in that office asking to schedule a phone interview for the following week. After the phone interview I was asked to come in for a group interview two weeks later. The interview went great in my eyes, really hit it off with the staff and upper management.
    Didn't hear from them for over two weeks. Finally I sent an email after almost three weeks asking what their timeline was for filling the position. Hiring manager told me they were going with someone else.
    It is the summer so people were probably on vacation. Worked out for the best though, got an offer from another University in Boston.

Interview Questions

• What do you contribute to the team?
      Why do you want to join the NU team?
      What is your work ethic like
      What work environment best suits your needs
      Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northeastern University in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process as a whole wasn't bad. The questions weren't particularly difficult, however they looked at communication cues more than anything (eye contact, fidgeting, etc.) If you want to work in the co-op department, have these skills down. If you are applying to any other area of the university, I highly recommend networking beforehand to get the position. It never hurts but at Northeastern since it is so pre-professional, you need to have your stuff together so you can show students how to network too.

Full Time Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northeastern University.

Interview

The interview had two phases, first I meet the lecturers team to work with (three lecturers of different subjects). Conversation were about my teaching experience in both graduate and undergraduate levels. After these interviews, I taught a lesson in one of the subjects (I chose which) of the department. After the interview I met the dean of the program.

Interview Questions

• Teaching experience in both graduate and undergraduate levels   Answer Question