Nu Look Home Design Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Nu Look Home Design

2.4

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Burnie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nu Look Home Design (Glen Burnie, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process could not have gone any better. It was thorough, pleasant, and friendly. Everyone from Nu Look Home Design was incredible responsive and helpful. Truly a great experience!

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nu Look Home Design (Cherry Hill, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with office manager at lake drive location in cherry hill nj. I was asked to complete a personality test which basically just asks you what kind of person you are out of 4 types of choices about 30 different ways. I was told the interview would only last 20 mind but I was there for about an hour and a half, which was a good thing. The interviewing manager was polite and courteous and easy to talk too, you could tell she was talented and knew exactly what she was doing.

Interview Questions

• If I was comfortable with the work schedule   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Interview

I had 3 interviews.The first interview was over the phone.The second interview was via Skype.The third interview was face to face. I felt very positive about the first 2 interviews and the way the conversation went.The third interview I showed up a few minutes before my scheduled time was greeted kindly.I took this personality test and waited a while before the manager came out.Very stale interview process.I have proven sales success in past and present jobs. Main question was "tell me about yourself".Wow I went to work the next day and closed 3 deals!!! I have a great pesonality great sales skill set and Nu look Mgr could not see it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What was your greatest sales accomplishment?   1 Answer

Telemarketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Burnie, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nu Look Home Design (Glen Burnie, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a no pressure experience. I felt like I was conversing with a friend. I enjoyed the laughs along with the serious conversation. It helped ease the anxiety during an interview. The management gave great descriptions of the job, so you knew what you were looking to get into.

Interview Questions

• What was I looking for out of working with this company?   1 Answer

Sales Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nu Look Home Design (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2018.

Interview

Several levels of interviewing, initial recruiters felt I was very qualified for the position, then I get an e-mail, stating I didn't meet their criteria for hire at this time

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Burnie, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nu Look Home Design (Glen Burnie, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

Fairly simple and to the point. I was reached out to conduct a phone screen, then met with the Director for a formal one on one interview. I knew the outcome within a week via phone. There were no crazy hoops to jump through or curve balls thrown. It was professional, and straight and to the point.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my general experience, what motivates me, my search tactics etc.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nu Look Home Design (Cherry Hill, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

One phone interview with an awesome woman named Cheryl. She was very personable and honestly kind of hilarious over the phone. I could tell she loved her job and I always think that's a good sign.

Second interview in their office in Cherry Hill with VP of sales Chad and apparent new rising star Lauren. Lauren didn't speak much, actually none at all lol. I could tell she was training for her higher position so no worries. Interview was about 40 minutes, but mainly just because we were laughing and joking most of the time. I don't mean JOKING AROUND, I mean answering questions but getting along so well we were laughing most of time together.

What sold me was the money potential. I always ask the question, "what is the average sales rep making, not in the entire company, but in this geographical area.." I think it's important to know this. Any employer can blow smoke up your butt and tell you that 'you can make $100,000'... Well, I could make a million dollars... I want to know what your reps are making NOW. Chad did one better for me, he told me what the BOTTOM sales rep made last year, which was $94,000 and the top rep made $272,000. He says the average is still between 100-150k because the majority of sales reps are in that range. The 272 guy is apparently just a God amongst men in that office. They broke down the pay very well, as well as the bonus structure, duties, and responsibilities. Positive experience.

Interview Questions

• "You arrive at a customer's house, and the client is a middle aged single woman. Based on your experience with this demographic and factoring in our product that you're selling, how would you sell her?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is a mainly all commission job, there's no negotiating of a salary because there isn't one. In your first 90 days they do give you a small base so you can pay your bills and get your commissions rolling, but after that you're all commission baby!

Nu Look Home Design Response

Jul 26, 2016 – Owner

You only have one chance to make a first impression. We are glad your on-boarding experience was so positive.

Senior Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nu Look Home Design (Cherry Hill, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

Started by connecting with a current employee on LinkedIn. That employee referred me to a Talent Acquisition Specialist named Cheryl. A few days after I had a phone screen with Cheryl, about 20 minutes or so who gave me a little more information on the job, prepared me very well for the actual interview, was very talkative and was really nice person.

Then after I had a phone screen with Lauren, Sales Manager who was very nice, knowledgable and very relatable. That led to an in person interview with Lauren which lasted about an hour and a half. Just got lost in conversation, did a few role plays and she really wanted to just test my sales ability and I believe I responded well.

Then a few days later I had an in person interview with Chadd, the VP of Sales who I had a short 20 minute interview. A day later I was offered a job as an entry level sales rep, but just wasn't in my best interest at the time so I denied.

Great company though, they communicate very well! I believe Cheryl, called me after every interview to follow up and ask how everything went, most companies don't do that and she helped assist me through the whole process. Great experience, very professional and thank them for opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with a commission based job?   1 Answer
    • What do you do outside of your job?   1 Answer

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nu Look Home Design (Columbia, MD) in December 2018.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter reached out to schedule phone interview, scheduled in person interview, then shadowing a recruiter/2nd interview. Very transparent process and met with several people within the department, including the owner.

Interview Questions

• Describe the hardest position you have had to fill in your career, and what steps did you take in order to be successful?   Answer Question
    • What are you looking for in the next role you accept so that you can be successful?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your job history   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Burnie, MD

Application

I interviewed at Nu Look Home Design (Glen Burnie, MD) in November 2013.

Interview

Had two interviews, very professional but laid back. Basically wanted to know what was important to me and how dedicated I would be. Made me want to be part of the team right away.