NuVasive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NuVasive Interview Questions

Updated Nov 19, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NuVasive in July 2016.

Interview

This was by far the best interview I had. Everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful. The interview lasted from 8 a.m. until 2 p.m., but I was given enough time for short breaks and lunch. The styles of interviews differed by interviewee; I have grasped that this is the diversity of the culture here: professional to relaxed, fast paced yet thorough.

Interview Questions

• If you were your former, what are three things that he/she would say was hard while working with you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Phone screen, followed by a phone interview. After that, I received a design challenge to complete. After turning that in a week later, scheduled a full day of in-person interviews at the office. One-on-one interviews with development managers from all departments. 1 hour with primary hiring manager, 45 minutes with everyone else, including 45 minute lunch with a potential coworker on the team I was hiring for. Primarily technical questions, but cultural fit considered important, so many questions to determine that as well.

Interview Questions

• Concerning design challenge, walkthrough your process. Why make the choices you did? What are your concerns? How would you manufacture it? How do you expect it to fail?   Answer Question

IOS Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NuVasive (Memphis, TN) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a panel interview. Four key members with whom I would actively with on a daily basis. It took about an hour. Meet and greet, ask some questions, walk around facility and finish up with with questions about what I want and expect.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you think you would be a good candidate for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA).

Interview

HR phone screen, Design Challenge, Manager Interview, On site all day interview. It was long and drawn out. You should be incredibly well versed on the company's product portfolio. Design challenge is a great idea and most who do well really enjoy it.

Interview Questions

• What was your least favorite project you worked on? How organized are you? What do you like to do on the weekends?   Answer Question

CNC Machinist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Carrollton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NuVasive (West Carrollton, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview then you come in for the machinist test. Pass the machinist test you have a sit down with the supervisor. After the sit down you will get a call regardless if you get the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you deserve this role?   1 Answer

Front End Developer/Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interviews themselves went well and I left feeling confident after receiving good feedback.
    The process took much longer than I believed it should have with week long gaps between communications. I had to initiate contact to get any information on next steps after being giving dates they would be getting back to me. Overall it was a very negative experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a time where you had a difficult manager/client?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Short phone interview with HR, followed by a design challenge, then 1 hour phone interview with two engineers. After passing that, there is an onsite interview with about 8 people, lasting about 6 hours.

Developmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

NuVasive's Developmental Engineer interview has 4 stages: phone call with recruiter, design challenge, phone call with manager, and then on-site interviews. Interviews and the design challenge went smoothly, and I received interview feedback and updates pretty quickly. Due to the long interview process, I was pretty stressed out, but in retrospect, I am glad I did my best and was offered a position!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

Extremely efficient. Friendly staff the moment you walk in any door. Both the HR department and the coordinator of all (4) of my interviews are on top of their game. Actively kept me in the loop the entire time.

Associate Neurophysiologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NuVasive (Syracuse, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a NuVasive recruiter on LinkedIn. I was told I looked like the perfect applicant and was invited to apply. Interviewed over the phone within a week and was told I would be contacted within a few days. I never heard back, even after contacting the recruiter for an update.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to tell your superior bad news.   Answer Question

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Overall I had a great experience at NuVasive. Everybody was friendly and respectful of my time. It seemed the employees I spoke with were well informed and were able to answer my questions about the company and the open position. Ahead of time, I was well informed about what to expect during my interviews.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table that other candidates may not?   Answer Question
    • How do your forecasting skills relate to what were are trying to do here at NuVasive?   Answer Question
    • If you had a choice would you rather work in a team environment or independent?   Answer Question