NuVasive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NuVasive Interview Questions

Interviews at NuVasive

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with approximately 9 people; two onsite interviews with few people and all others over phone. Everyone was very pleasant and professional. I applied mid June and was hired in August.

Interview Questions

• Standard industry questions.   1 Answer

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview consisted of a series of impersonal questions.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were open-ended and very ambiguous.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied to NuVasive through LinkedIn. I got a response from the recruiter within a week.

The stages of the interview were as follows:
    1. Recruiter phone screen
    2. Hiring manager phone screen
    3. Software developer group technical interview & software test group behavioral interview (1.5 hours each, back-to-back)
    4. On-site interview with marketing, management, software development, & software test

In general, the recruiter was very responsive; follow-up emails after each stage were, on average, within 48 hours after each interview. Most questions during the phone screens & behavioral interviews focused on my resume, past experience, and any experience relevant to the job that wasn't on my resume. For the on-site interview, the company arranged & paid for flights as well as a night in a hotel.

Interview Questions

• The technical interview over the phone consisted of a series of moderately tricky C# debugging problems in a trivial console application. I was supposed to have control over the mouse & keyboard, but due to technical difficulties, I talked the interviewer through the solutions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NuVasive in July 2016.

Interview

This was by far the best interview I had. Everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful. The interview lasted from 8 a.m. until 2 p.m., but I was given enough time for short breaks and lunch. The styles of interviews differed by interviewee; I have grasped that this is the diversity of the culture here: professional to relaxed, fast paced yet thorough.

Interview Questions

• If you were your former, what are three things that he/she would say was hard while working with you?   1 Answer

Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

HR was very communicative with me during the entire process from initial contact to congratulating me for the job. there were some issues with my background but they worked with me every step of the way to get it resolved.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

Started with a phone screen, which was polite and efficient.
    First on-site interview was with the technical crew, both devs and qa, who asked various questions from their perspectives. Nothing too surprising, normal software engineer fare for an interview at this level. A small hands-on "test" of skills was included, with some bugs and such to ferret out of a code base they provided. They talked with me during it and even allowed me to research if I needed to access some syntax I did not have memorized.
    Second on-site interview was with managers and marketing people and was much more of a culture-fit process. All of the teams (dev, qa, marketing, sales, etc) work closely together so this was fairly important.

Interview Questions

• There is an class and exam that all employees must complete, and score well on, about the anatomy of the spine, and also about details of the products offered, etc. I was asked more than once if I was comfortable with that requirement.   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NuVasive.

Interview

I was contacted by their HR dept. I had a phone interview with the HR and then a second phone interview with the hiring manager. I waited 45 mins and no phone call that day, the hiring manager forgot, so I had to reschedule another time because I ran out of my lunch time. After that second phone interview, I was brought into the company for an in person interview with the 2 accounting managers and the assistant controller for 3 hours. Then I had a final interview with the controller a different date and HR called me an hr before the interview and said the controller was sick and if I could come in the next day. I was not too happy considering I had already asked work 2 separate days off to go interview and then they expected me to ask another day off? I emailed HR back and asked if they could work around my schedule since I didn't want to alarm my manager of all the days I asked off. Nuvasive emailed me back and said they moved on with another candidate. THEY WASTED A MONTH OF MY TIME!! and they never apologized for first totally missed my phone interview and then the second time for canceling on me last min when I had asked the day off already.

NuVasive Response

Sep 9, 2014 – Senior Specialist, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to respond. We understand what an intense time commitment the interview process can be and we will use this feedback to improve the process moving forward. We are working collectively to increase our efficiency and maintain constant candidate feedback. Interviewing is a two way street and we apologize that the experience left you feeling commoditized. This feedback has also been cascaded amongst the leadership team in our Accounting group.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

3 phases 1) Phone interview- recruiter 2) phone interview- hiring manager 3) invitation to facility had 5 back to back 45 min interviews Hiring Manager, Sr Mgr, 2 accountants and Director

Interview Questions

• The recruiter is more of a screening of your job experience, what they are looking for and personality. The hiring mgr was more detailed in my past work experience and making sure I would be the right fit for the team. Facility interview was different with each interviewer, started off with tell me about your work experience followed by typical interview questions. Everyone was very friendly and direct regarding what they were looking for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was was very professional and everyone was very friendly during the entire process.

Sterile Processing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NuVasive (Memphis, TN) in October 2018.

Interview

I did the application online and got a invite to interview in about 3 days. I honestly believe they have a difficult time scouting applicants with the experience that they are looking for in this geographic area. The supervisor and two seasoned sterile techs were the interviewers. The seasoned techs mainly asked questions based on your experience, behavioral questions and teamwork related questions. The supervisor explained the job duties and his expectations. The supervisor seemed as if he had a passion on bragging about his accomplishments as a supervisor with the company and tried to come off as very intimidating. I felt as if the supervisors expectations were far beyond the pay rate. After the interview the supervisor then had matched me with someone on the floor for about 20-30 minutes to actually see what I would be doing. Even after that, the supervisor stopped me and had me come into his office and asked “so there is there anything else that you might want to tell me?” As if my experience was not enough, I’m not sure if he wanted me to kiss his butt even more but it was the most uncomfortable, weird interview that I have experienced so far.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work in a team environment
      Describe a time when you ran out of work, what did you do   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NuVasive.

Interview

phone, very standard, review your experience in the past, ask about your personal skill set, when you can start work, and tell you about their team, then let you ask questions