NuVasive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NuVasive Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NuVasive in July 2016.

Interview

This was by far the best interview I had. Everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful. The interview lasted from 8 a.m. until 2 p.m., but I was given enough time for short breaks and lunch. The styles of interviews differed by interviewee; I have grasped that this is the diversity of the culture here: professional to relaxed, fast paced yet thorough.

Interview Questions

• If you were your former, what are three things that he/she would say was hard while working with you?   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was asked for more information about my Engineering background and focus. My CAD experiences were discussed and the ability to learn biomedical CAD software. More details on my duties and responsibilities at former job were discussed with regards to electronics systems.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

WARNING: If you value your time and expect to interact with professionals, don't bother with this company.

The recruiting group is atrocious! Massively disorganized and misleading. I applied online to a position within a week of the job being posted. I was contacted for a phone screening and was told that my resume was being added to move forward. A few days later I received an email from another recruiter telling me that there were already two candidate in the "final stages" and that I would be contacted if they needed to expand their search. I completely understood - sometimes you find the right candidates and move quickly....however...

A few weeks later, the same job with a different job title but exact job description (but still referencing the original job title) was posted. I applied online and sent an email to recruiter to see if they were looking to fill the same role or a similar one. Within an hour, the job posting was removed and my status within their candidate tracking system was removed. The posting was also shut down on the various job board sites. Its been several weeks and I have yet to hear back from either of the recruiters.

This is my second negative interview process with this company. The other one was also plagued with a lack of communication and accurate information - and both times the recruiter initiated contact! For a company that prides itself on speed and responsiveness, these interactions have left a sour taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• What are three things a former boss would say about you?   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Took about 3 and half weeks. Had a phone screening with hr, a phone interview with hiring manager, and then an in person hour and half interview with hiring manager and directer. Standard interview. Getting the offer was the longest part took an entire week from when it was promised to actually receiving offer. This probably had to do with it being so close to end of year and holidays.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through you work history   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone screen, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager, then a 5-hour interview onsite. After the interview I was walked out by one of the people that interviewed me -- but never heard from the recruiter again. In fact, I didn't receive any indication that the job was filled (which it was). I think this is disrespectful to an applicant that spent 5+ hours at Nuvasive. The courtesy of an email or phone call would have been appreciated.

Interview Questions

• How did I feel about working long hours for extended periods of time?   Answer Question

Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

First the recruiter reached out and scheduled for a phone screen/interview. Then about one week after it's the first round of on-site interview with the immediate hiring group. Then one week after there goes the second round. Second round was with members from cross-functional teams.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward, but unique and dynamic. I had a phone interview/initial screening, followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager. After passing that interview, I was brought in house to conduct two in person interviews. I met with a couple of different people each time, business leads that I would be working with cross functionally. It made a lot of sense to me that I would be interviewing with people that I would working with in the future. Lastly, I had to prepare and give a presentation to my entire potential future team. I presented on a clinical article that was about the procedure I would eventually be representing.

Interview Questions

• Why Nuvasive VS any other spine company?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

First ph interview with recruiter and then followed by technical interview with HR, then finally on site interview which lasted for 4+ hrs. They try to screen and pick the best candidate, so they conduct many interviews. The interview was hectic since it was more than 4hrs but it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell about your past experience, how do you think you will be a perfect fit for this position, etc   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

First you have a 15 min phone interview with a talent acquisition member. Then you have a 30 min phone interview with a hiring manager. Finally, there is an in person interview with a few people from different departments.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions about your past experience and why you'd like to work there.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

3 phases 1) Phone interview- recruiter 2) phone interview- hiring manager 3) invitation to facility had 5 back to back 45 min interviews Hiring Manager, Sr Mgr, 2 accountants and Director

Interview Questions

• The recruiter is more of a screening of your job experience, what they are looking for and personality. The hiring mgr was more detailed in my past work experience and making sure I would be the right fit for the team. Facility interview was different with each interviewer, started off with tell me about your work experience followed by typical interview questions. Everyone was very friendly and direct regarding what they were looking for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was was very professional and everyone was very friendly during the entire process.