Nulogy Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nulogy Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Nulogy

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nulogy (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

This is one of those companies which waste your time through their "unique" interview process full of useless things. First there is a coffee date during which one person from the team will meet up at an uncomfortable Starbucks across the street. If you are successful, they give you an extremely easy coding challenge. After the challenge you go into the office for a more technical interview which consists of questions about your past experiences, a white boarding exercise and then a pair programming exercise with another employee.

I am 95% sure Mr CTO hadn't read my resume before meeting me and commented that "they want someone with more computer science experience". Well why don't you read my freakin resume and not call me for an interview?

My advice is to skip all that coffee date crap and have one or two phone interviews to decide if there is a match or not before wasting time.

Interview Questions

• Write a small program to test how you write code and push it to a public repo.   Answer Question

Nulogy Response

Jun 17, 2015 – CTO

Thanks for your feedback as it helps us continually improve our process and how we connect with potential Nulogites. Our interview process spans several meetings as we find that it allows both the... More

Other Interview Reviews for Nulogy

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nulogy (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2018.

Interview

Timely (Nulogy got back to me promptly at all stages in the process), professional (interviewers were knowledgable and on-time), relevant (interview questions had to do with Nulogy's actual domain; many good explanations as to what Nulogy does), and challenging (Some questions definitely had me thinking hard) without being over-the-top with questions designed to grill or trick people.

Interview Questions

• Explain the relationships in this domain (after being shown a real life manufacturing scenario)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nulogy (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

HR connected in a week for the HR round and held technical test for the other week. The Technical questions were basic questions.They were actually not interested in hiring. Some reference was required to get in there.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nulogy (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interviewer asked me to come down to do a one-on-one coffee session with an engineer in the company. He asked me about my last job, and probed me for more details with some of the stuff I said. Eventually, he felt that I probably wasn't a fit for what they wanted, but eventually kept asking me, "what do you think you can bring to the company?" and kept probing me for details. Eventually, it became apparent that he did not believe I was going to be a fit for the company unless I blew him away with that question and could back up everything I said, which is fine.

The reason why I feel this is a negative experience from an interviewer's is really just that. If you really just want to do a basic screening of a given candidate, is it a benefit for either the interviewer or the interviewee to take their time to come down to visit the company for a screening? From the interviewee's perspective, the Toronto commute is long, especially if you come from outside of downtown like I did. It is the worst in Canada, if not all of North America. Therefore, unless there really is some benefit that you can't get from a phone screening, this really is an added stress for candidates.

Don't get me wrong. I did not leave with a bad impression of the company or the interviewer (although I did feel that he did try to talk me down a little bit). In fact, quite the opposite. I just feel like it is a bit of a strain to an interviewer, and that might turn off some candidates.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were generally described in the process - mostly stuff about what you did in your last jobs and probing, along with other behavioural questions.   1 Answer

Nulogy Response

Aug 7, 2016 – CTO

One of our top priorities has always been ensuring that both parties find the interview process to be an effective use of their time. We are sorry you felt that the interview was not time well spent... More