OANDA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.7

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OANDA (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Decent interview process. Was contacted by a recruiter who asked about my background. Following that, a call was set up with a senior product manager. Went over my background, different projects. I liked that they took time to explain their business

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OANDA (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

phone call, then sit down for interview. it's quite easy process and processed very fast.

nothing much special and normal interview process with team manager, division manger。Qs like what's your strength and weakness, what's your contribution to your past work.

Business Analytics Interview

Interview

Purely behavioral asked about greatest strength, weakness etc.... The managers were really nice and encouraged you to succeed. Make sure you understand what the company does and have good questions for the interviewer. Overall great people working here and I would highly recommend. I know the office in Singapore is a little smaller.

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OANDA (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

First, it was a phone interview, common questions why OANDA, tell more about yourself, really nothing special. HR was pleasant, the interview was not hectic. I was invited for an onsite interview to talk to the manager. HR promised to contact me at the end of the week and inform me about the results (in any case). Never heard back. Followed up with an email - no response. In a week the job was reposted, so I assume, I didn't get a job. But if you meet someone in person, you can expect at least a rejection email. Based on interviews posted here, seems to be common practice for Toronto office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself, behavioral questions, career goals   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OANDA (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Received phone call after resume was found online. Recruiter asked questions that screened the candidate in terms of their current situation and what they are looking for. Discussed company background, culture and the available role. At in person interview was asked to demonstrate systems knowledge and given a scenario to showcase thought process and troubleshooting skills.

Interview Questions

• Recall a difficult troubleshooting case you had to resolve from your previous experience and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Quantitative Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OANDA (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online through their website. Got a response within the next few days.
    First interview was 30 min phone call with HR. I was asked basics HR questions (nothing complicated or unexpected). Then had to do an home assignment (details below). Easy assignment if you know the basics of data science.
    Second interview was on-site for 1h30min. Some technical questions (nothing too complicated) about ML, and deep learning in general, and cloud/cluster computing (Spark, Hadoop).
    Follow-up with them the next week. Never received an answer (although I think I did pretty well answering their assignment and the in-person interview).

My opinion about this company: like many finance/investment companies, they are jumping into the ML/DL band wagon. However the amount of data they have is limited (5TB), have no big data infrastructure (no cloud computing, no local cluster), and only have 1 semi-expert in ML/DL in their trading team, no one else in the team know how to code. Conclusion: this is not the place for big data stuff.

Interview Questions

• Home assignment: OANDA operates a trading platform which allows clients to buy and sell currency pairs. When a client makes a trade to buy or a sell a currency pair, the company must decide to either (a) offset the exposure immediately by hedging the trade with a bank, or (b) hold the exposure for a period of time allowing the market to move before hedging the trade. If the company hedges the trade immediately, they will realize a small profit for each trade. If they hold the exposure, then they may realize a large profit or loss, depending if the market moves with or against the exposure.

You are tasked with determining (for each client trade) whether we should hedge the trade immediately or should hold on to the exposure for a period of time. Describe how you would perform this analysis, including what data, tools, or processes you would use. State your assumptions.

Comment from HR:
      The trading team is not looking for an exact solution, more to see your understanding of the problem, and for a proposal about how one would go about finding a solution to the problem. No formulas are required.   1 Answer

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at OANDA (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by the company - went through a phone screen, an in-person interview and a skype interview - total of 3+ hours and they never even bothered to contact me to let me know I didn't get the job, even after I sent an e-mail requesting an update - I'm assuming I didn't get the job...

Interview Questions

• Just the usual boring interview questions - nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OANDA (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Straight forward. One on one interview. Standard interview. They will ask the questions that are relevant to the job. Good work culture. Both fast and exciting at the same time. Good managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negatives

Partner Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OANDA in January 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call after a week of applying for the role. The interview was with a senior HR recruiter. The questions were simple soft questions about myself, my background, and my cultural fit with the company. At the end of the call, the rep told me that she would like to schedule the next round with the technical team, an asked for my availability. After I submitted my times, I heard nothing back for a week. I was given some excuse about her being sick. She then promised to get back to me in a few days. Again, I hear nothing. After the 3rd week, I ask again about the progress of my application. I then get told that they went with someone else without any apology.

I was also a customer of theirs. I have now moved my business to their competitor. I will never work for this company, and I am telling everyone I know to stay away from them.

Interview Questions

• When are you available for a chat with our managers?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OANDA.

Interview

Two rounds face to face, mostly technical and behavioural questions.
    Decision was taken quickly.Manager and Director took the interview. It was quick. friendly people
    I was informed the next day that i have been selected. got the offer next week.