ON24, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.4

SDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ON24, Inc. (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

One of the worst interviewing experiences I have had. It began with a recruiter contacting me about the position (I had first applied to the MDR position, however I was informed that it had already been filled). I emailed him back saying that I was interested and we scheduled a phone interview. That went well- nice guy and he provided a minute amount of details about the job, informing me that the SDR manager would give me more information in the follow-up phone interview that he would be scheduling. He gave me "hints" about what characteristics his manager looked for in a candidate and broke down the interviewing process for me. I received an email later on that day informing of the time she would be contacting me; she ended up calling me late (no big deal) and began the call as if it were an inconvenience for her. She didn't provide me with much time to give her information about myself and dove right into the "interview questions." At this point I felt uneasy about the experience because I like to allow the interviewer the time to get to know my situation and where I am at in my job search (an introduction if you will). I answered her TWO interview questions, expecting her to have more that would pertain to my experience and my education, but no. She proceeded to repeat the same TWO questions... confused I answered with the same exact answers that I had given her before. She then seemed to become frustrated as if I were not giving her the answers she was fishing for. I am a genuine person, and ultimately that is reflected in my interview answers. I do not "fake" my qualities or personality. Once she became apparently frustrated with me, I paused, asked her if she minded rewording the questions because it seemed that I was not answering them correctly. She then rudely said "Well your 15-minutes are up now, how about you just go ahead and ask me your questions." Shocked, I stumbled to respond, confused by her attitude towards me the entire conversation. I asked my 5 prepared questions. Her responses to all of them were short and "direct," not giving much information or detail, as if she were ready to hang up. Still to this day I can not tell you the culture of this company or their values. I asked both the recruiter and her, the most I got was they were a team that did things together. It seems they are sales driven and that is all (understandably considering the role, but I am in the process of interviewing for sales positions with other companies that value many things, i.e. community involvement, work-life balance, the health and well-being of their employees, none of which were mentioned). I asked the lady about her experience within the company and she proceeded to chat about how her team was in horrible condition until she became their manager which seemed very negative in my opinion. I also asked her approximately how long someone remains in this role until moving upward or out the door and she said typically 6 months. The longest someone has remained on her team was 1 year. Overall, very disappointing. When I spoke to the recruiter I became excited to learn more about the company, but it seems rather disappointing. Not a great fit for anyone to begin their career with a well-established company that has a goal of upward mobility and stability. I do not feel that I would gain any sort of professional mentorship or development by being employed by this company. I am expecting the ever so grand automated rejection email within the next couple of days, which is completely fine. If they were to follow-up for the next step in the process, I would certainly decline. Yes, I am a recent graduate, but my skills (gained through 5 years of employment while attending college) and my education are valuable and I am searching for a company that sees that value, or at least takes five minutes to let me talk about it.

Interview Questions

• "What drives you from you inner core? Is it sales/why sales?"
      "Tell me a time when you were challenged?"   Answer Question

SDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

Applied online, got a call. I enjoyed the call and then was invited to speak to the hiring manager for the SF office. I spoke with him, he invited me to do an onsite interview, said one of the staff members would email me to find out availability. Then I got an automated email a few days later saying they were not moving forward with me.

I find this very unprofessional. They could have simply said, "We will follow up in a few days," instead of saying "We want to bring you to an onsite interview." It is really rude and I am confused.

Interview Questions

ON24, Inc. Response

Apr 20, 2017 – Director, Talent Acqusition

I appreciate you taking the time to write this review, and I’d like to speak with you directly about your feedback. We strive for an amazing candidate experience and I would like to hear more about... More

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ON24, Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out, took me through a phone interview. Fairly standard, nothing that was outside of what I was expecting. I was greeted by staff when I arrived, the lady at the first desk was very nice and helpful, Everyone I met with was great.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ON24, Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Very informal, set up by an internal admin and outside recruiting firm. I could tell early on that I wasn't going to be a cultural fit, the vibe was very laid back and relaxed.

Interview Questions

ON24, Inc. Response

Mar 6, 2017 – Director, Talent Acqusition

Thank you for considering ON24 as an employer and taking the time to interview with us. I am glad to hear you had a positive experience as we strive to provide the best candidate experience possible... More

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ON24, Inc..

Interview

Applied Online. Recruiter reached out a week later for a phone interview. Next was a phone interview with their Sales Manager. Phone interview with Sales Manager went well and he said he would like to bring me on site next week and asked for my availability. After a few days the recruiting team sent an automated rejection email saying they were not going to move forward with me. This didn't make sense to me since the Sales Manager said they were going to bring me on site but never gave me a reason why they decided not to move forward. Pretty poor experience and lack of professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Why on24?
      What do you know about on24?
      Name 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses   Answer Question

Feb 2, 2017 – Director, Talent Acqusition

Thank you for sharing this feedback; we sincerely appreciate it. I am so sorry that you didn't hear back from us, especially given the excitement around the role. I agree that this is not ideal, and... More

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ON24, Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

1. Recruiter reached out to set up a phone interview and had the phone interview two days later
    2. Was set up with a phone call with the hiring manager three days later
    3. Then had an onsite interview a couple days after and I met with 4 team members

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ON24, Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

This was a phone interview which is schedule in a 2 week later after application. Its really nice experience. Interview was taken by hiring manager with some basic behavioral question and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? What research you have made on company?
      What is this keyword in JavaScript?
      What is CSS position property?   Answer Question

CSSS Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ON24, Inc..

Interview

Came in for the interview and was asked about past experiences working with customers. They evaluate your patience and knowledge about computers. They also ask about past experiences in which you have experienced conflict. The conflict situations include other employees and working with clients.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ON24, Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I passed the initial phone screening then had another phone interview with the VP of Sales. Although I did great on questions about sales, he felt that I didn't put enough thought on what interests me in ON24. I did answer the questions twice. I felt that he had something against me and use this as a escaped goat for not wanting me to move forward. For example another question was why are you looking for a new job. I told him why and he threw the my answer back in my face and felt that he wasn't supportive of it. He seemed like a very nit picking guy which he did admit. To end the convo he told to reach out to him in 3 months or even next year. I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A JOB IN 3 MONTHS OR NEXT YEAR. I'm looking for one NOW. Over all this is one of the worse intereviews I had with the VP of Sales.

Senior Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ON24, Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews went very well, great follow up on email from there side of it. I reached out to them after the second phone interview and was asked and given the manager of that departments email address, I processed to email them and thanked him for the phone interview time, waited a few days and received another email about setting up time for a face to face( in office) interview, will most def follow up on this to let you guys know how that goes. Just a tad worried about there turn overs and wonder why not to many folks stay on the job, now I am basing this on what I am reading here on glassdoor and not sure if its even part of my job department.