OOCL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 2, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OOCL (San Jose, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

the staffing agency called onsite interview. Interview at staffing agency again with company. Then go to onsite interview. Some other candidate might have phone screen interview. It can be different .

Import Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OOCL (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

1 phone interview and 2 in person interviews, The phone interview was very informal and the in person interviews, I met with the heads of multiple depts to determine where my best fit would be and learn about their different functions.

Interview Questions

• How would You handle an angry customer   1 Answer

Inside Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OOCL (Charlotte, NC) in November 2011.

Interview

The process was pretty straightforward, and consisted of two phone interviews. The first one was a screening with an HR manager, and the second one was a more in-depth interview with the regional sales center manager. Each interview ran for 30-45 minutes. In-person interviews are done if the candidate lives in the local area.

Assistant Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OOCL (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

The interview was by two parts. One was with HR, one was with IT manager. There wsa a technical test, which was java multiple choice question, and an English essay. The topic of the English essay wsa "describe a difficult moment and how you overcome it". The HR was nice and did not ask harsh questions. The interview was mainly about the daily work in the companies I have worked and what skill sets I have.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OOCL (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in May 2016.

Interview

First Interview on site with HR along with a writing test. Called back for second round interview in 2 days, including writing tests related to table design and SQL as well as interviews with team managers.

Interview Questions

• Mainly about related projects at school, former intern experience and ECA.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OOCL (Jakarta (Indonesia)).

Interview

3 layers:
    1. Assistant Manager of Finance / HR Manager -> Ms. Merlyn (Finance Veteran) / HR Manager
    2. Finance Manager
    3. Managing Director

all will be asking for similar questions, previous job desc, experience, salary expectation etc.
    Candidate with super ambition will be cast out as Management is aware not to have the capability to accommodate such ambitious talent

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OOCL (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in July 2015.

Interview

The people that was responsible for my interview didn't work there anymore so I waited for almost an hour till someone picked up my message and came out to get me in. The interview wasn't hard and the interviewer explained the job duties very well.

Programmer - EDI Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasay, Pasay (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OOCL (Pasay, Pasay (Philippines)) in July 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview. If you pass you will be scheduled to a technical exam and panel interview. If you pass you will scheduled to Managers Interview. This is just a Getting-To-Know-You interview, and how do you communicate. No technical questions will be asked. Next will be HR interview and Job offer.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OOCL (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in April 2015.

Interview

There are 3 panel member for my interview. I believe each one is a head of certain dept like for sql/db, java, and for quality analyst. They focused on what's on my resume since I'm a fresh grad. There are also some common interview questions. Then i was given an exam which was good for an hour. There are two exams: first being an aptitude test which are just general questions then the skills/programming test which is divided to 4 parts - mathematical, logical, programming, and sql/db. After the exam you have to explain your answers to them. The logic, the process you used to derive the answers.

Human Resource Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at OOCL (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed twice, first with regional manager, 2nd with Corporate Admin. Interview was conducted in English, apparently English proficiency in oral/written is considered to be important. I was questioned on how to improve employee performance and discipline. Learning and People development was issue often raised up. On 2nd interview via teleconference with Corporate admin, I was confirmed on issues asked in 1st interview. I was offered salary package and re negotiate for better benefits in car allowance.

Interview Questions

• Proficiency in English, Human Resource issues.   1 Answer