ORAU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ORAU

2.5

Sort:

Associate Interview

Interview

Received an interview invitation email, then answered pre-determined questions over a program similar to Skype. Finally had a conference phone call with the research group, don't remember if this was before or after the offer. I think they had pretty much decided on me by that point.

Visiting Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ORAU in February 2012.

Interview

Submitted my application online and had a phone interview with the research group within a week. The rest of the process was quite a bit longer, in large part because of the background clearance. I expected it to begin much sooner (interviewed beginning of February) but the process did not start until July. Everything was straightforward, however, and all parties were easy to communicate with.

Interview Questions

• Describe research projects that exhibited skills required for the position   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ORAU (Oak Ridge, TN) in September 2013.

Interview

I spoke with my recruiter about the position. He helped to set up an interview. I received a phone interview. A few days later, I was notified that the interview went well and they would like to move forward with the process. I was brought on as a contract worker within a month.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with Bootstrap?   1 Answer

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at ORAU (Oak Ridge, TN).

Interview

Nothing about your actual knowledge, skills, abilities or any qualifications. Interview is an hour and a half long and is nothing but behavioral questions so that they can twist your answers to suit them. It's about interpretation, - right?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked on a project with your manager? DUUUUUHHHH!!!   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ORAU (Oak Ridge, TN).

Interview

It's a joke. Managers not skilled in the process and leaves the selection process up to employees not qualified to make the selection. The company is losing out on getting talent but allowing those employees to make the decisions. They are not skilled in interviewing, recruiting, or selecting highly qualified individuals. The managers feel threatened.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work hear?   1 Answer
    • Q: How do you feel about teamwork?   1 Answer

Benefits Interview

Interview

it was very quick, i interviewed once and then a few days later i heard back that i got the job

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ORAU (Oak Ridge, TN) in October 2010.

Interview

i applied from ORNL site. got a call from HR ab out after 3 months. cleared tele phone inter view. then got a call for on site inter view. got positive reply after 2 months.

Research Associate I (Post Bachelors) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Detrick, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ORAU (Fort Detrick, MD) in January 2010.

Interview

I submitted an application that was ignored for a couple months because of transition in the recruiting department. Eventually accepted and briefly met with the PI (more of a tour than interview).

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ORAU (Oak Ridge, TN) in December 2014.

Interview

Three phone and one in person interview. Over a month and have not heard back. Not sure if they are still conducting a background check or what. Should not be that much in anyone's background that would take over 3 months. It would be nice to receive a letter, email or call saying either way. It is understandable that this takes time to go through the process and I am not complaining. It is just frustrating when you are very interested in the job and not wanting to take another job if there is a possibility.

Interview Questions

• What frustrates me the most.   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ORAU in March 2012.

Interview

1 hour presentation followed by a tour and 5 or 6 one on one interviews with group sections, all questions were research and personal level not situational, very casual process

Negotiation

none