ORAU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ORAU Interview Questions

2.7

Contract/Cost Proposal Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at ORAU (Oak Ridge, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

Called for 2 onsite interviews....first round of interviews was with hiring manager and HR manager. Second round was 2 panel interviews. Emailed HR manager after some time passed since the 2nd round of interviews to inquire about the job and if any decision was made. Never received a response. That is totally rude and unprofessional.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ORAU (Oak Ridge, TN).

Interview

It's a joke. Managers not skilled in the process and leaves the selection process up to employees not qualified to make the selection. The company is losing out on getting talent but allowing those employees to make the decisions. They are not skilled in interviewing, recruiting, or selecting highly qualified individuals. The managers feel threatened.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work hear?   1 Answer
    • Q: How do you feel about teamwork?   1 Answer

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at ORAU (Oak Ridge, TN).

Interview

Nothing about your actual knowledge, skills, abilities or any qualifications. Interview is an hour and a half long and is nothing but behavioral questions so that they can twist your answers to suit them. It's about interpretation, - right?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked on a project with your manager? DUUUUUHHHH!!!   1 Answer

here Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ORAU (Oak Ridge, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

My mentor started with a phone interview to see why my experience was with programming. After passing that interview, my mentor brought me on site for a panel review. They asked about my prior background programming experience. Then they asked for me to showcase my career related projects.

Interview Questions

• When did you first start programming?
      Why do you like programming?
      How have you used object oriented styled programming in your projects?   Answer Question

Budgeting Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ORAU in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn for a different position, recruiter contacted me asked me to complete video interview and officially apply through the organizations website because she had two days to select a candidate. A few days later, I sent a 'thank you' email and the recruiter informed me that there was another opening in my area (Budgeting position) asked me to once again complete the application and the video interview. About a week later, I received an email from a different recruiter who advised me to contact my references and let them know that they would be contacted very soon. Needless to say that has been weeks ago and they haven't contacted neither myself nor my references. With the time spent applying and interviewing a simple rejection letter would be appreciated.

Orise Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ORAU (College Park, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly laid back and conducted over the phone. I was interviewed by my soon to be supervisor and was asked a series of personality based questions, as well as, skill and experience based questions. The entire interview lasted no longer than 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• What experience I had with handling a stressful work environment?   Answer Question

Orise Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ORAU.

Interview

The interview process is very simple and it's the same for almost all employees who interview. It consists of one phone interview. The organization does not make an effort to vet people for jobs because everyone is doing contract work. If need be the agency can release the person without much thought at any point.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ORAU (Oak Ridge, TN) in December 2014.

Interview

Three phone and one in person interview. Over a month and have not heard back. Not sure if they are still conducting a background check or what. Should not be that much in anyone's background that would take over 3 months. It would be nice to receive a letter, email or call saying either way. It is understandable that this takes time to go through the process and I am not complaining. It is just frustrating when you are very interested in the job and not wanting to take another job if there is a possibility.

Interview Questions

• What frustrates me the most.   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ORAU (Oak Ridge, TN) in September 2013.

Interview

I spoke with my recruiter about the position. He helped to set up an interview. I received a phone interview. A few days later, I was notified that the interview went well and they would like to move forward with the process. I was brought on as a contract worker within a month.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with Bootstrap?   1 Answer

Benefits Interview

Interview

it was very quick, i interviewed once and then a few days later i heard back that i got the job