Oceanwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oceanwide Interview Questions

2.9

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oceanwide in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone screening by HR. We discussed my pertinent experience and how that would fit into Oceanwide's goals. HR followed up in a few days with a phone interview with the Vice President. Phase three involved an analyst test performed by a panel of interviewers. HR was very engaged during the process and provided periodic updates. The interviewers were friendly but focused and provided a fun, interactive experience.

Interview Questions

• Interview topics ranged from questions about my experience to scenario analysis. I was expecting scenarios modeled on insurance industry practices, but found the scenarios to be more general in nature.   Answer Question

Implementation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oceanwide (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

First, An Intern contacted who was very professional. She set up my interview time. On the day of Interview, HR Coordinator was supposed to call me but she never called until I send an email to Intern explaining that I have other meetings to attend. The Interview was for 15 minutes where she ask very basic questions and after that no courtesy email, not even a rejection letter. Which is very unprofessional. Other reviewers are spot on about the hiring process.

Client Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Oceanwide (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn and received a prompt reply. Spoke to HR over the phone and then met in person with HR and a Manager. Had to do a logic test which takes about 1 to 1.5 hour. Second interview was with 2 more people from the business and another HR person. About a week later, I received a fairly generic rejection notice. I called and emailed here and there over 2 weeks to get a reason why and kept getting ignored. Finally, I got a response that someone with more experience was hired but I noticed the job posting was reposted online a couple of days later. I would have rathered an honest reply for my own personal development.

Interview Questions

• Pretty generic interview questions   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oceanwide.

Interview

The initial phone interview lasted about 15 mins and had high level questions about reasons for applying, reasons for leaving the current position, what is appealing the job posting, etc. The conversation was light and conversational more than formal. The in person interview lasted about an hour and a half, and went very well - the questions were relevant to the position but also to culture fit, everyone I met was friendly, professional and approachable. It ended on a positive note with clear next steps.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very conversational, and less question and answer. Questions were used as topic starters, i.e. why are you applying for this specific position, please walk us through your current project cycle, etc.   Answer Question

Junior Bridge Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oceanwide (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I was called 2 months after applying, I believe cause the person they originally hired lasted about a month. After my phone interview, I had an in-person one scheduled 3 weeks later. I was told that 3 people would be sitting in on my interview: Bridge solutions consultant, VP Account Management and HR rep. I arrived to what seemed like a pretty run down work space (turn off) and was then brought to the conference room only to find the HR Rep and Bridge Solutions Consultant (VP Account Management nowhere in sight). They ask the standard interview questions and the whole thing is done in about 10-15 mins. Then there is a knock on the door and it's a program manager who I presume was supposed to sit in on my interview but missed the entire thing. Anyways, I then had the pleasure of being asked the same questions by him that I had already been asked by the other two - what a wonderful, painless experience! When I thought the horror show was over, I was given a surprise quiz on boolean programming logic! Nowhere on the job posting did it make any mention of needing any sort of programming knowledge. Overall, this was the WORST interview experience of my career and it was so bad that I felt compelled to write about it on here. There's no sour grapes here about not receiving an offer of employment, my issue was with the complete lack of professionalism exhibited by the people who conducted my interview.

Interview Questions

• Were you ever in a situation where you missed a deadline with a client? If so, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oceanwide (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

First interview: HR1 + Architect.
    Architect asks technical questions reading from paper with questions, no good. HR1 girl looks all the time into the window (enjoying really great view) being bored by the technical details of the conversation. Questions asked:
    1) What are process, application domain, thread?
    2) What's GC and what to do(design/program) to reduce its overhead?
    3) How would you design that and that for a given business use case.
    Other general questions.

Second interview: HR2 + CTO.
    Less technical questions, more related to project lifecycle and PM, interpersonal communication. CTO is really great guy, very positive and smart.

Overall: very positive nice people, interesting to talk to (and I guess to work with).

Overall company impression: a (relatively) small company trying to save its budget in all possible ways (except technology used?). They have relatively low salaries and the benefits are almost non-existing comparing to blue-chip employers. They are still great for a work experience gain and low-fat-agile-working-development-environment using the latest MS technologies.

Interview Questions

• What are process, application domain, thread?   Answer Question
    • What's GC and what to do(design/program) to reduce its overhead?   Answer Question

We did not meet on salary rate. They started at 75K on the first call, and moved to 80K after the interview, questioning my qualities not fully matching their expectations for the asked salary range. And I had better offer on hands already so I declined.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oceanwide (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

Had 2 interviews, one with two technical people, another with HR and CTO (if I remember correctly). The technical questions were relevant to the position, but it seemed they didn't prepare for the interview process beforehand, felt like impromptu questions, which is not necessarily a bad thing, unless the questions are posed in a manner that makes it a bit confusing. I think if I were prepared more I would have done better, or conversely, if they had prepared to properly probe into my skills then they could have gathered more information about me. But they were nice and friendly.

Second interview with HR and CTO went relatively well. General experience related questions, what I was looking for, etc.
    Didn't get the offer at the end, not sure why, maybe my technical interview wasn't as good, or maybe because what I said I expected (job-wise) in a new position wasn't exactly what the position was doing.

Interview Questions

• What's a Singleton? What's the difference between using a Singleton and a static class?   Answer Question
    • What's the difference between NOT IN and NOT EXISTS? (Another table variable related question).   Answer Question
    • What are the access modifiers in C#?   Answer Question
    • What's the difference between 'action' and 'func'?   Answer Question
    • What's a CDN? Describe what happens when you type in a URL in your browser and press enter. (They are looking to see how much I know about the request-response cycle starting from the browser all the way to the server and back.)   Answer Question

Configurations Management Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oceanwide (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview was lengthy and took several interviews before I was given an offer. Expect a test or two before being considered. A test by HR department and one from your reporting manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my salary

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Oceanwide in July 2010.

Interview

The VP was in an out of the interview at least 5 times and the other person interviewing was the direct report of the future manager, which was very odd. The interview questions were not prepared in advance and the interuptions were very disruptive.

Interview Questions

• We are planning to move to at least 30 minutes from where we are, how would you take this ?   Answer Question