Off Broadway Shoes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Off Broadway Shoes Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Off Broadway Shoes (Overland Park, KS) in June 2017.

Interview

They first called me and asked me a few interview questions on the phone. They then called me back to set up am interview and I was told it would be a group interview. The group interview had 3 other people and it went alright. It was a lot of personality/teamwork questions. I haven't heard back from them yet. (The interview was 2 days ago)

Interview Questions

• has there ever been a time where you were in a group project and someone wasn't pulling their weight?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Off Broadway Shoes (Sacramento, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had many friends who worked there, I was hired on spot without given very many questions. The only issue the interviewer had was being chatty at work with coworkers but I assured him/her that this was a place of buisiness and I wouldn't let my friendships intervene

Interview Questions

• How flexible are your hours   1 Answer
    • Do you see yourself working here for a long time   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Off Broadway Shoes in November 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website after a friend referred me. Heard from someone the next day and scheduled the interview. Person I interviewed with was very stiff. She asked her typical questions then we got to salary. Clearly we were nowhere in range because she immediately dismissed me. I inquired to what they were offering and I almost choked. Not nearly enough to be responsible for that kind of inventory. When we shook hands and exchanged pleasantries, I'm sure I heard her tear my resume in half as I walked out. So unprofessional!

Interview Questions

• why did you choose our company? what is your retail background?   Answer Question

Interview

Quick and Easy. I applied for this company back in 2011 and I was still in high school. It was my second part time job. They ask you questions about last experience and ask about school and even what you enjoy doing in your free time. It was laid back and not corporate at all. Once I was done interviewing I found out right away that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Lead Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Off Broadway Shoes (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

30-45 mins long, DM asked a list of questions they're required to ask. She wrote while I spoke. Basic retail questions such as *length of experience, *volume and numbers, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you get your team motivated to reach sales numbers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Off Broadway Shoes (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The manager was very relaxed and we went into the back store room to interview, where she asked me simple questions. The entire interview was relaxed, and nothing was too difficult. The manager had about three other interviews that day, and I was chosen for the job. She was very nice and was open to all my questions surrounding the job.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Off Broadway Shoes (Sacramento, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online, I got a call a few days later for a store interview. Then two more days later got a job offer. The manager was very friendly and nice she made it very comfortable. When she asked me a question that I didn't understand, she rephrased it easily.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Off Broadway Shoes (Charlotte, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied on a whim totally forgot about the job and they called me about a month later wanting to set up a group interview, went in for the interview a week later got the job.

Interview Questions

• If a customer came up to you and asked you how to style her outfit how would you? Make sure to upsell   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Off Broadway Shoes (Plano, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

We went in the office and talked for at least am hour. It was like any other interview. The manager asked a lot of questions. She recognized my experience and offered me a better position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Off Broadway Shoes.

Interview

The interview was easy and in a relaxed setting. It was a group interview with two hiring managers and three other candidates. I did not have a phone interview before the group interview. I was hired the same day as my group interview. The interview process was easy, but I didn't get to speak with any of the managers personally.

Interview Questions

• Describe customer service in your own words.

How would you handle a demanding customer with other customers waiting in line?

How would you help a customer decide between two different shoes without talking negatively about the other brand?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate pay.