OfferUp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OfferUp (Bellevue, WA) in March 2018.

Interview

The process started with a phone screen with a recruiter. This was mainly for culture fit and for the recruiter to get a sense of what my individual skills and interests were. This was followed by two technical video interviews. Finally there was an onsite which consisted of 4 technical interviews and a lunch interview (non-technical and isn't factored into hiring decision). Overall the process was quick and the recruiters were very helpful and responsive. Each of the interviewers were very respectful and all seemed extremely passionate about the projects they were working on.

The interviewers provided a great representation of what the OfferUp culture is all about. They were all interested in what I had to say and seemed excited about the interview process in general.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfferUp (Bellevue, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

The process had 1 phone interview followed by a onsite interview. The phone interview was easy with a simple coding question and few questions related to domain knowledge. It went well and I was invited to come onsite. During onsite recruiter mentioned that lot of things have changed after the initial phone interview. I did not get that and went on to give interviews. There were actually 5 rounds - 2 coding, 1 behavioral, 2 -domain knowledge. Although the interviews were easy, the interviewers were not at all interested in taking the interviews. One interviewer gave the problem and got busy with his phone. Another interviewer came 20 mins late and just asked about my background. I did not like the way I was treated during my onsite interview. After a week, I received the feedback from the recruiter. She mentioned that although I did well in the technical rounds, they did not find a cultural fit. I don't know what type of culture they are following when their interviewers do not know the interview disciplines. Later I came to know from one of the inside sources that they had already hired someone before interviewing me and had closed the position. They didn't even inform me about that. They were just wasting my time doing time pass interviews. Overall a bad experience.

Aug 31, 2018 – Head Of Recruiting

I am sorry you had a poor experience interviewing with OfferUp. As a company we're always working to improve our onsite experience. This however shows we have a long way to go in some areas. We're... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OfferUp (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The process is standard, pretty similar to other top tier tech company. One phone interview and 4-5 interviews on site. The questions were interesting and challenging, it was fun to solve them.
    From my experience, interviewers were friendly. Looked like a nice place to work.

Aug 31, 2018 – Head Of Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to interview with OfferUp. We hope wherever you end up that it is a great fit for you.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OfferUp.

Interview

I contacted the recruiter from LinkedIn. Then I had a brief phone interview with the HR and scheduled a technical screen, and then did a 45-minutes technical phone screen in two weeks.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OfferUp in October 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was late for 30 minutes and the whole interview process was not pleasant at all. It's a video interview , and I feel like the interviewer was not interested in doing the interview - seems like I disrupted his work.
    The coding questions are not hard, only leetcode medium level. But the atmosphere was awkward and feels like I am not being respected.

Interview Questions

• binary tree level order traversal, and populate next right pinters.   Answer Question

Feb 6, 2018 – Head Of Recruiting

Thank you for the feedback, and for taking the time to interview with OfferUp. We pride ourselves in valuing other's time as our own and creating a culture at OfferUp where everyone is well... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfferUp (Bellevue, WA) in March 2018.

Interview

All very energetic and passionate with what their company strives to do. They describe the position very clearly, gave me tour, and during the interview I felt comfortable with the team and didn't feel overwhelmed with the process.

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OfferUp (Seattle, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

First and foremost I feel it's important to be clear that I did not apply for a position with OfferUp, they recruited me while I was employed full-time.

During the interview process, which consisted of four rounds with the recruiter and hiring manager, I ended up removing myself as a candidate after I was asked to perform a significant amount of free design work on the existing product. Not hypothetical use-cases, but actual current version analysis and user experience upgrades. All this after already providing a detailed critical analysis of the product with a wide variety of actionable items. Something I am very good at and get paid quite well for currently.

I have 15+ year experience with a respectable portfolio and resume. I have worked with some of the top tech companies in Seattle and have extensive experience as design lead on a product that is out performing everything in the market. My work speaks for itself which I imagine is why they approached me in the first place. It seems to me, this company operates in a very gray area ethically.

I would be very wary of interviewing for a creative role under the existing management structure.

Interview Questions

• Spend 4-5 hours writing a detailed critical analysis of the existing mobile product on how to improve usability and increase engagement.   Answer Question

Feb 15, 2018 – Head Of Recruiting

Thank you for the feedback, and sorry to read that your experience at OfferUp didn't go well.

As a team, we do appreciate the effort that goes into the preparation by all candidates. We are also... More

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OfferUp (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

First a phone screen, then an in-person interview loop. The questions are very easy, I don't think any of the interviewers wanted to be there. However it must have been a requirement for them.

Interview Questions

OfferUp Response

Feb 6, 2018 – Head Of Recruiting

Thanks for your feedback. First off congratulations on the new role. We're happy to have you!

We take interviewing very seriously at OfferUp and while we're happy you joined our growing company, I... More

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OfferUp (Bellevue, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

There were 3 rounds for me. First was a technical phone screen. After that was a 4 hour on site with 4 different people. Some people on my loop couldn't make it that day, so they had to reschedule for a third round with 2 more people.

The process was straightforward. My recruiter contact was professional yet friendly. He kept me engaged and up to date with what was happening throughout.

Interview Questions

• Given two linked lists, find the node at which they merge.   1 Answer
    • Given an n x n grid, find the number of ways to get from the bottom left to the top right given that you can only move up or right each time and you cannot move to any node on the bottom diagonal half of the grid, i.e. row less than col.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OfferUp (Bellevue, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

Lot's of back-and-forth with the recruiter
    They brought me in for an hour where I met a manager to discuss the position then sent me to do a homework assignment.

I was frankly was not accorded the respect any candidate should have received.

I was asked to do a coding assignment that was really straightforward. I was told that I could use any language I liked (the requirements document made that clear) and to focus on performance (jmeter test was included).

Like any thing related to development: sometimes things that should just work, don't. This was one of those cases. Without getting into details, the overall assignment took me almost 20 hrs to complete! Even if I had cut that in half by removing weird issues not related to the task at hand, that's 10 hours of my time that had to be sacrificed from other things (and they were).

Initially I was told that my day might not work because they had a lot going on. When I showed up for my interview to give my demo the team showed up 10 minutes late (we finally had to get started even though not everyone was present at once). Then we had some AV issues. After 3 slides of my presentation I get peppered with questions and finally a testy "Can we just skip to the code?!"

I was supposed to have 3 technical interviewers but got cut to just 1. That's when HR met me to tell me how wonderful the company was; I thought she was just buying time for someone. But, it turned out the interview was over.

The best part: They never actually wanted to see my app execute!

Interview Questions

• The programming assignment was basically to front a webservice to a public DB. It's really easy if you develop webservices all the time   2 Answers
    • Given a file with a many megabyte expression "123+456/299*127..."
      Write a program to execute this expression.

The conversation delved into OO design (like, how to express this as object, etc.)   1 Answer
    • implement a service with only 1 lock that can accept any number of reads simultaneously but blocks writes if being read.   1 Answer

Feb 25, 2016 – Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you taking the time to share your thoughts. We continually review our interview process and adapt it to fit our growing organization. Creating a positive candidate experience is important to... More

Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfferUp (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied for the job online. Had 1st phone screen with the recruiter. However after the phone screen the recruiter never bothered coming back inspite of followup emails. Isn't one of the roles of a recruiter to let the candidate know the decision - that is recruiting 101. Unfortunately recruiters forget that in addition to being a job candidate we are also customers.

Interview Questions

OfferUp Response

Aug 9, 2016 – Internal Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I am sorry your interview experience was not as positive as it could have been, and that you did not receive an email notification regarding... More