Oil and Natural Gas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oil and Natural Gas Interview Questions

Interviews at Oil and Natural Gas

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oil and Natural Gas.

Interview

It's a two step process. First a written test then interview if selected. In the written test they asked about general knowledge or current affairs and technical questions related to specific discipline. During the interview they asked to talk about myself, education background, projects done, few job related questions.

Interview Questions

• State-of-the-art techniques regarding petroleum geology   2 Answers

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oil and Natural Gas in July 2011.

Interview

No interview process. Only people recommended by ONGC employees are hired. It is not recommended when you have more chances of getting else where. Not much beneficial to Computer Science students. A long time project at ONGC or a Co-op is more beneficial. The people who guide you are great to work with and explain you things in detail. On the other side no housing or pay is provided to Interns.

Negotiation

There was none

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oil and Natural Gas.

Interview

Asked a few question about the company, why i want to intern at the company

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oil and Natural Gas.

Interview

No Interview. I was an intern for two months and attained this position by employee referal. No Interview. I was an intern for two months and attained this position by employee referal.

AEE Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oil and Natural Gas.

Interview

The interview process is a multi-stage process for hiring new employees. The interview process typically includes the following steps: writing a job description, posting a job, scheduling interviews, conducting preliminary interviews, conducting in-person interviews, following up with candidates, and making a hire.

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oil and Natural Gas.

Interview

group discussion , short listing on the basis of grades,

Interview Questions

• all simple questions mostly the HR questions are pretty judging   1 Answer

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oil and Natural Gas (Noida (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Campus placement gets totally focussed on technical part. CPI matters a lot. Higher the CPI more pliable your chances yet more competent questions. Interview goes smoothly, you'll be explored throughout. All round preparations not in demand...one strong subject is all you need.

Interview Questions

• Q: Whats the difference between material balance & volumetric calculations?
      Q: What is induction logging used for, can it be used all the times?
      Q: How'll you control your reservoir flow?...(theres a catch...the control was required in the starting stages of production...not eor...not artificial lift)
      Q: Name all the units present while drilling is conducted.
      Q: Whats the difference between kelly and drill pipe?   Answer Question

Chief Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oil and Natural Gas (Mumbai (India)) in January 2011.

Interview

it was normal

Interview Questions

• do u think u should be promoted to the next level ?   1 Answer
    • you achieve your target in well advance, how ?   2 Answers

Negotiation

normal

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oil and Natural Gas (New Delhi (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

One needs to send an application form, grade sheet of latest semester and 10th & 12th mark sheets and they select you based on that. You can also get selected by getting referrals from employees of ONGC. I was selected on both grades and referrals for my approval.I had a brief interview before being selected.

Interview Questions

• What are your interests in Civil Engineering?   1 Answer
    • Why did you choose our company?   1 Answer
    • What skills do you have in software?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ankleshwar (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oil and Natural Gas (Ankleshwar (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

There is no interview process and candidates are selected based on their grades. You need to send an application form, grade sheet of latest semester and 10th & 12th mark sheets and they select you based on that. You can also get selected by getting referrals from employees of ONGC. I got selected based on my marks and grades only.