Okta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Okta Interview Questions

Interviews at Okta

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Okta (New York, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview process was good and pretty trivial. One recruiter call followed by a phone interview and then onsite. The shame is all went well and then recruiter showed interest too but it was very hard to communicate with recruiter afterwards. After lots of follow-ups, I was told that the position is being revaluated. The worst thing was I had to let go of another offer because I was really looking forward to work for Okta. They still haven't got back to me after 2 months. I can understand the COVID-19 situation but no communication / update is no excuse.

The interviewers were nice and engaging but worst recruitment process.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Okta (Seattle, WA) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview process at Okta is probably the worst in the entire tech industry. I initially applied on their website after being prompted by a recruiter through my school. I completed the online assessment, which took approximately four hours. The next day the recruiter informed me that my test score was not high enough for the position, although my code passed all the test cases. The recruiter then suggested I apply for another position, Application Analyst Intern, which I did. I then completed another online assessment that involved answering questions related to software engineering, networking and API development. I waited patiently for a response but was informed later that there were over 6000 applicants for the position and so the company was no longer moving forward with my candidacy. My advice to anyone would be to avoid applying to this sham of a tech company that has absolutely no respect for peoples' time. They seem to be running a giant "head hunting" operation, but their products are second rate, which does not merit their absolutely insane hiring practices.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you developed with a public API?   Answer Question

Customer Success Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Okta (San Francisco, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

The Okta Recruiting Team was exceptionally professional during the weeks-long interview process, especially while COVID-19 was beginning to really spread throughout the US. I ended up speaking with three individuals in total (1 Recruiter and 2 CS Team Members), all over the phone. We mostly discussed my experience, Gainsight skills/knowledge, and interest in the opportunity with Okta.

After meeting with each CS Team Member, I did not receive an offer. No matter! I learned a lot in those few calls and it's clear Okta maintains an impressive Operations Org. Great experience, company, and full of professionals. Maybe next time...

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Okta (San Francisco, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

Phone screen then onsite interview. The interviewing team could of been better organized. It would be nice to get background on each of interviewers as it would be to understand v

Interview Questions

• I had to describe the most recent program that I managed.   1 Answer

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Okta (Chicago, IL) in January 2020.

Interview

The process started normally, and my third interview with Okta was over Zoom with three managers and was 2 mock sales calls. I had zero problems with the process, but after my third interview I never heard back and it has now been over 3 months since my interview. I have reached out multiple times with no response. It is hard to believe that a company of their size would ghost candidates. I also have a friend that had an interview scheduled, but then Okta never called him and never responded to his emails after that. The Sales Development manager of the Chicago office told me multiple times to reach out with any questions, and proceeded to ignore all my messages before and after my third interview. I finally got a text from the manager 2 months after my interview apologizing for the radio silence and asking to chat that day. I responded immediately with times and asked if they would work for him, and he never responded and again ignored my follow-up messages after that. It tells me a lot about their company culture that they decide to ignore and ghost a candidate instead of simply emailing them to say they are not moving forward in the interview process.

Enterprise Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Okta in January 2020.

Interview

I was very impressed overall - no BS. Quick follow ups from recruiter and coordinator, very transparent about the process. The team provides you with a very long list of potential questions the interviewers may ask and offered to assist with presentation planning. They will ask tough questions and can be extremely direct at times, almost brash.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a recent sale (in current role) in extreme detail   Answer Question

Within the Talent Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Okta (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The was the worst experience of my professional career...ever. For someone who was interviewing for the talent team I was in utter shock at how this was managed. A team I would NEVER consider joining after going through this process. I was told during my onsite interview that I did really well and to expect next steps. I was asked for and provided professional references, which normally means you will be moving towards an offer at literally every company. It took 1 month after that to find out I did not get the role. I had to continuously reach out to the team for updates, with many times not receiving a reply or even acknowledgment. The blame was put on me in terms of why it took so long instead of the team being honest with me like normal people and telling me they were interviewing other candidates. This process was beyond traumatic to say the least and one that I would never wish on anyone going through an interview process, which is already stressful enough. Please be aware if you are thinking of joining this team.

Sales Enablement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Okta (San Francisco, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

There was an initial phone screening with the recruiter, followed by multiple phone interviews, an onsite interview, and a final presentation. After the final interview, there was minimal follow up from the recruiter, and then no communication around a final decision.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach building out onboarding for multiple roles?   Answer Question

SDR Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Okta in December 2019.

Interview

Typical sales interview, asks about background but wants you to know all about Okta before speaking with them. At the end of the day you all are just another company. The question “Why Okta?” Is ignorant. You’re a job. A means to and end. We only know what we know by reading reviews, nobody will ever know “why Okta” until actually being there. Fortunately, I wasn’t looking for a job, a recruiter reached out to me. Most applicants don’t have time to read and study every company they’ll interview with. That’s what the conversations are for. I had a very lazy manager, it seemed, and I would definitely not go to bat for someone like that. They want someone loyal before showing loyalty. Newsflash, doesn’t work like that. I would be willing to speak with anyone over this matter as well.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Okta (Bellevue, WA) in December 2019.

Interview

- went to an office tour in October
    - did a 4-hr coding challenge after two weeks
    - did one 45-minute phone interview including discussing resumes and a coding question in mid-Nov
    - did four back-to-back interviews in one day and another interview the day after in mid December. All of them are pretty standard SDE intern interviews. Not too hard but test data structure essential.