Okta Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 302 of over 302 interviews

Employee Referral18%
Recruiter13%
HardAverageEasy

Okta

Application

I interviewed at Okta

Interview

Another tech “giant” that thinks everyone wants to work for them. They seem to hire the same type of people. I’m very thorough when researching a company, and I noticed most of the recruiting team came from Intuit - which is where the head of Talent came from. So much for diversity.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here?
    Answer Question

Okta

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Okta

Interview

30 min with Recruiter 30 min with Hiring Manager 30 min with 6 different cohorts Overall, they had a pretty detailed list of questions already and it was hard to get anything out of them about the working culture beyond the minimum.

Interview Questions
  • Name one training you have done outside your area of expertise.

Okta

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Okta

Interview

First-round was a routine recruiter screen. A week later I hear back that they want to do a technical interview. I speak to a few people on the team all super laid back and friendly. I was excited for the opportunity because the team seemed driven and expressed that they needed the extra hands. After that is where it went downhill.  Fast forward three weeks and I was onto the final round where I spoke to department heads and the hiring manager again.  After the last round, we went back and forth for a few weeks and it felt like they were keeping me around until someone better came along. I would get a call saying they only had positive things to say but were dealing with internal changes. Then they tell me there are two other candidates they are interviewing for this role. About a month and a half later, I get a call saying I did not get the role. Prospective employees beware. If this is how Okta handles their prospective employees, I can only imagine how they treat their current ones.

Interview Questions
  • What have you learned since the last time we spoke? Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your manager. Why do you want to work here.

Okta

Application

I interviewed at Okta

Interview

IT WAS GOOD UNTIL THEY GHOSTED ME! The interview process is quite lengthy. Started out with HR, moved to the hiring manager, numerous peers and then the VP. Although the process gives you a good feel of the company, I seems that there are one too many people. It makes start to ask, is the hiring manager capable of making their own decision? In any case, went through the process with ease and I thought I met some great people along the way. Problem was, the hiring manager and HR went silent on me after saying they would get back in two weeks. I followed up for over a month after and not one response back. So let this review be a warning to others. If a company can bring you through a 3 month interview process, get good feedback, make it through the last interview and then get ghosted.....to me that's a company that does not respect your time. It's quite unfortunate to experience this because their service offering is good. But the way you treat applicants is disappointing to say the least. **And please, don't have me reach out for follow up. How about making sure HR has responded to ALL applicants who went through your process. These are your checks and balances, not ours.

Interview Questions
  • 1. What would you do in x scenario? 2. Give me examples of where you had to deal with .... 3. What attracts you to Okta? 4. Are you comfortable working with a younger team? (Yes, that was weird) 5. Where do you see yourself in x years?
3 people found this interview helpful

Okta

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Okta

Interview

1 coding challenge then 1 in person followed by multiple brief interviews with engineers of varying levels. Last chat is with hiring manager about team, and whatever questions you may have.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Okta

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Okta in Apr 2021

Interview

30 min phone call with a sales recruiter. The recruiter joined late and was acting uninterested from the start. Felt like I was wasting my time. Zero enthusiasm for the role and took a grilling standpoint when trying to learn more about my history when they already had my resume in front of them. Left comments like "Ok?" and "So?" when I described my work. All this for an entry-level associate role. I don't expect a call and don't mind since I wouldn't want to work somewhere with that energy.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about the role? Who were you selling to in your current role? Why do you want to work at Okta? What do you know about the products?

Okta

Application

I interviewed at Okta

Interview

8 interviews total; recruiter, hiring manager, 1 rep on the team, 1 rep from another team, 1 rep from another team, VP, 1 manager from another team, 1 manger from another team. hindsight: if you don't know the candidate is a good fit by the 3rd-4th interview, then they probably are not. took 3 months from first interview to offer.

Interview Questions
  • Why you (over the million other candidates that were being interviewed)? I heard this 8 times from 8 different people.
3 people found this interview helpful

Okta

Application

I interviewed at Okta

Interview

Tech challenge and on site, met with different departments and team leads, overall good experience with friendly folks, asked to present for different lines of business Tech challenge and on site, met with different departments and team leads, overall good experience with friendly folks, asked to present for different lines of business

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Okta

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Okta

Interview

The interview process is not unusual. I was contacted by a recruiter and set up an initial interview. That was the basic first 30 minute interview. The second interview was with an internal HR recruiter. They really hammered home that they were looking for a new business hunter.

Interview Questions
  • What type of sales do you prefer, hunting new logo or farming?

Okta

Application

I interviewed at Okta

Interview

The interview focused on past experience related to Sales Ops in general. Everyone in the process was very friendly. Recruiter was very responsible and quick in moving the process forward.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 302 Interviews