Okta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Okta Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2017

3.1

Senior Customer Success Manager Interview

Interview

Long. It was a four round process. First round: Screening with Recruiter, Second Round: Peer Interview, Third Round: Leadership Interview, Fourth Round: On-site (and I did this twice - minus the fourth round. I'll spare you the details).

Recruiters want you to follow-up to your application via email (I did a couple of times before I got a response)... so if you want it, make sure you're diligent.

First round is just a feeler, make sure you have a pulse. From that point, it's about reading whoever you're speaking with. I didn't find that anyone really wanted examples of my technical knowledge. But they were very interested in my ability to build and maintain relationships with enterprise clients. Definitely, come prepared with solid examples and be able to expand on whatever is on your resume.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with managing a number of different deal lines and client requirements?   Answer Question

Technical Documentation Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Okta.

Interview

Phone interview, then 2 hr skype interview with multiple people. Overall, it was a really great experience, and I have a very positive view of Okta as a company.

Interview Questions

• Why Okta? What does Okta do? Also pulled up some technical documentation and asked me to make edits.   Answer Question

Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Okta (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied through employee referral. Contacted by recruiter to set up time and then talked to the hiring manager on the phone and then in person. Easy to set up.
    Asked standard questions and it seemed I was doing well. Hiring Manager asked me when I can join and that the recruiter will reach out with next steps. Never heard back. Felt very disrespected for the time I had taken to interview with this company.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Okta (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

3 phone calls with diff people, then an onsite for 4 hours with 6 people interviewing.
    1 day before onsite they gave me a 6 to 8 hour technical challenge that was "suddenly" created new. they scheduled the onsite for a week. kinda shady. I was not able to complete it due to time constraints. the technical challenge looks like a product survey to me. are they trying to get feedback about the product or hire people? ;-) kinda shady looking, this just felt bad.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Okta (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. 1 phone screen with the recruiter, a phone call with the hiring manager, and an on site interview with the team. The process took 3 weeks.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Okta.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn. I decided to respond since Okta was doing interesting stuff. I provided my contact details to the recruiter. He then scheduled an interview at a random time without asking me first. After I clarified my availability, he then scheduled a call for a week later. Never received a call at the time I was supposed to. I waited and waited and then sent him an email. He did not respond to mails after that. Such a bad experience. Why contact me if they weren't interested to take the conversation further? Someone else seem to have faced the same issue. Possibly the same recruiter.

Head of Product Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Okta in April 2017.

Interview

Do not expect a lot from the HR department. Do not set expectations of follow up and schedule meetings if you do not intend to call/email. I can understand if I am not the right fit but you can still create a good experience, especially if you're recruiting for Head of Products. It's a small world after all...I am sure I'll run into Okta at another company where I have buying authority.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Okta (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

My initial interview was a phone screen with a recruiter and then another phone interview with the hiring manager both of which went well. I was then invited to meet the team and give a presentation. The recruiter was super helpful about telling me what to expect and kept in touch with me throughout the process.

Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Okta (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application online and heard back from HR fairly quickly in April. First step was a 30min interview with HR. This was fairly standard. She gave me a company introduction and asked standard questions. She then set up a 30min interview with the hiring manager the following week. The hiring manager was pleasant but his interview style was tell me why you're good enough and then I'll see if you're good enough. Very judgmental. Sorry, I'm not going to grovel for this job.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Okta (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I spoke to the recruiter then scheduled a call with the manager and then finally did a more formal interview with the manager and another person in the team. The questions were straightforward I was just not aware that she was going to ask me about my computer skills, step by step and I don't have experience with coding.